Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Fighting Foe Men - now SOLD OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I agree that 3 packs could work if they were made up of figures that people actually want. I don't think there would be as much of a backlash against them if that were the case. The cost is still a bit to swallow.
    Oh, the cost is definitely difficult to swallow, I agree. But the 3-packs quickly help fill in certain blank spots in the collection and for that I am thankful. It's a Catch-22; do we wait for characters better suited to a 2/3-pack to show up eventually but scattered throughout the line- possibly even over multiple years- or would you rather have characters who seem a natural fit as a set to come together and eat the cost in one fell swoop? Me, I'd rather get the figures together and sooner than wait. Whether you pay $75 all at once and get 2/3 great figures also all at once, or spread out those figures and their associated costs over a few months throughout the year, you're still going to have to munch on that cost eventually. At least that's one way of looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I'm happy to see Matty's day-of stock of the Fighting Foe Men sell out so quickly. I'm aware that the stock was likely not very high.

What saddens me, thuogh, is that Karatti is still out there with no "almost gone" in sight. He looks awesome and I really want more NA representation in Classics, and I fear this may be a bad indication of the fan base's interest in NA characters. I know that Netossa took a couple of days to sell out, too, though, so there's hope that Karatti won't last too much longer. I just don't want the Powers That Be decide to really back out of future NA figures.
    Probably best to- at least in this case- not look for boogeymen under bed skirts. I doubt Karatti represents waning interest in the NA line as a whole, but instead is representative of one character most don't care for. It's been that way throughout the history of MOTUC and probably always will be a fact of life. People just don't like certain characters as much as others. Just as any low selling mainline Masters character doesn't necessarily indicate the death knell of customer interest in that faction as a whole, it similarly does not indicate the end of interest in NA. At least, that's my theory.
    Last edited by Stygian360; May 16, 2013 at 05:51pm.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Probably best to- at least in this case- not look for boogeymen under bed skirts. I doubt Karatti represents waning interest in the NA line as a whole, but instead is representative of one character most don't care for. It's been that way throughout the history of MOTUC and probably always will be a fact of life. People just don't like certain characters as much as others. Just as any low selling mainline Masters character doesn't necessarily indicate the death knell of customer interest in that faction as a whole, it similarly does not indicate the end of interest in NA. At least, that's my theory.
    Yeah, I'll back that sentiment. I'm a big big fan of NA. I can't wait for Sagitar or Artilla or Tuskador. NA Skeletor will be thrilling, and any NA fig I'll happily pick up, but Karatti is probably one of the few Mutants I just don't have any emotional connection to. Quakke, Lizor, Hoove, Flogg, Critta. I "get" them. Karatti, less so. But I'm still happy to have him backing up Optykk and Slush Head.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Guys, is it THAT hard to believe that you may be in the minority here and people like the FFM? What would be so wrong with that?
    It's always like this whenever the character isn't a popular figure. If they sell out, the train of thought is that they were pulled from the site because no one brought them and that we'll see Mattel unloading the unsold figures during Black Friday or some sale.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Last I recall 14 days is when they pull product to create a false sellout. I have a feeling many wanted them but weren't afraid of missing out so didn't take the day off from work.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I find it harder to believe that Mattel would do a false sellout after a day on an $81 3-pack that takes up a lot more space than a regular figure to store! I'm glad they sold out. As for Karatti....maybe he'll join Slushhead in the essentials shop as I'd be surprised if either sell out.

I don't care when they sell out, the ebay prices are going to be much more telling of the demand for these figures. There are lots of subscribers trying to unload these close to cost and I don't see that many moving.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It's true. After the initial sale of the Star Sisters, they never re-appeared on Matty ever since. Not on Black Friday, nor in the Mad Matty Monday Mystery packs. Speaking of those...they only had two, and it was supposed to happen more often. What ever happened to that? They probably ditched that idea because it got some people majorly p.o'd.
    Well the Star Sisters "customer service stock" did show up at at least one Mattel outlet store, and if I'm not mistaken I believe reading they were half price? I think Mad Matty Packs may be gone because production numbers are down.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Since we arent getting anymore three packs, maybe they would offer a two pack, figure/beast set as the club exclusive. I would love for an Illumina and her cat 2 pack, that would be an awesome club incentive and I bet they would get higher numbers than the previous years for orders.
    Personally as a multiple sub holder they need to be done with items over $50 in the sub. They can seemingly sell more subscriptions if they get rid of the big price hit items, now if I only had one subscription $75 wouldn't be a big deal, it's the multiple hits that add up, hell yodafreakmaster just dropped $3300.00 on his 33 subs before shipping ouch! And retailers don't get a break when buying multiples, and when the 3 packs/larger items don't sell at a mark-up (or a huge loss like the Star Sisters) where's the incentive to buy and sell this line?

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I'm happy to see Matty's day-of stock of the Fighting Foe Men sell out so quickly. I'm aware that the stock was likely not very high.

What saddens me, thuogh, is that Karatti is still out there with no "almost gone" in sight. He looks awesome and I really want more NA representation in Classics, and I fear this may be a bad indication of the fan base's interest in NA characters. I know that Netossa took a couple of days to sell out, too, though, so there's hope that Karatti won't last too much longer. I just don't want the Powers That Be decide to really back out of future NA figures.
    I don't think Karatti represents lack of interest in NA. He's a bland character. They executed the figure beautifully and I love the colors, but Karatti doesn't exactly sell himself. Flogg would sell out much faster.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

lol @ this turn of events! The people that were making fun of them for not being 'almost gone' are now mad that they sold out, and are making the usual excuses. I LOVE IT

FFM rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I agree that 3 packs could work if they were made up of figures that people actually want. I don't think there would be as much of a backlash against them if that were the case.
    Blade, Saurod and Karg 3 pack please.

And before anyone says anything, YES I know Mattel supposedly doesn't have the rights to Karg.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    ...but Karatti doesn't exactly sell himself. Flogg would sell out much faster.
    This.

Flogg would have sold much better. He's the most important villain in NA outsides Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I don't think Karatti represents lack of interest in NA. He's a bland character. They executed the figure beautifully and I love the colors, but Karatti doesn't exactly sell himself. Flogg would sell out much faster.
    I think NA is the least popular era of He-Man. A character from that era has to really rock for people to overlook where he comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    That's... that's terrifying. There needs to be an investigation as to why people would voluntarily pay for the Fighting Foe Men.

Mental illness?

Masochism?

Excess money?

Grand governmental conspiracy?
    The FFM are why I started collecting Classics in the first place. Great character choices, MOTU mythos and awesome figures.

That is why they sold out.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, NINJOR, ROTAR, TWISTOID

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    The FFM are why I started collecting Classics in the first place. Great character choices, MOTU mythos and awesome figures.

I feel this way exactly! I mean I have all the figures....the first time around. Bring on ffm evil seed ect!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

The voice of reason says

There were probably fewer units put up for DOS since this is a higher cost item, and other things like not a vintage figure.

Mattel typically waits for 2 weeks before falsely selling an item out, and usually pulls all items at the same time.

FFM have a range of emotions some people can't stand them, some people love them, many are meh (to the point of really liking 1-2 but not the set, and which ones they like is sporadic).

Because they only have box art nostalgia working for them, and the only real alternate display options they bring is Horde chest symbols they don't have many alternate display options. Aside from switching out their own chest symbols but even then. Also with the chest symbols it's more of a push to make them a difference character (200x is his overly angry brother for example).

I do think individually the figures can be desired by customizers because of the limited armor and stuff like they are wearing.

I do think there is a demand, but secondary market is going to be off for a few different reason some of which I have already stated. I do think those looking to sell should offer to open it and sell individually, instead of trying to get rid of them in one swoop. I also think they will take a bit more to sell but not as bad as some make it out to be, the big issue being it's a high cost. I am of the opinion a 2-3 pack should be the only thing offered in that month.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I think NA is the least popular era of He-Man. A character from that era has to really rock for people to overlook where he comes from.
    This.

I have to admit I am a bit shocked at the people thinking NA is popular all of a sudden. The best I remember people claiming is that the Horsemen have a done a good job on making them fit into the line... They've gone from 'I'll quit the line if they're included.... to "I'll tolerate them because they look kinda cool", but I rarely hear anyone claiming they LIKE NA and can't wait for that subline to be complete.

MOTUC has made all the eras inclusive... but NA will always have a steep hill to climb to be truly accepted. I am not surprised at all that he's a slow sell out. I expected the FFM to outlast him... but frankly, I think they look cooler then he does with all the vintage vehicle touches on them..

I'll sell or trade the FFM if a good deal comes along, but Karatti hit the sell pile before he even showed up in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Flogg would have sold much better. He's the most important villain in NA outsides Skeletor.
    I'm surprised that Flogg wasn't the next NA character in line as it seems (to me anyway) he'd be the next step barring Skeletor. I think its possible we'll see Flogg at this year's SDCC reveal as an NA 'heavy hitter' for 2014. Overall though, i'm happy with Karatti. And the FFM.

Sadly, I think few ppl would argue the point of NA not being the least popular era of MOTU. I guess that's fair enough as it's not to everyone's liking but when you consider how average the vintage NA figures turned out, the FH sculpted NA figures have been nothing short of awesome.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Sadly, I think few ppl would argue the point of NA not being the least popular era of MOTU. I guess that's fair enough as it's not to everyone's liking but when you consider how average the vintage NA figures turned out, the FH sculpted NA figures have been nothing short of awesome.
    Sure. People would argue all kinds of things. But I feel confident the majority of collectors of this line would agree with me.

I agree I din't know the existence of NA He Man until I started collecting motuc. For someone who has no child connection with the figures, the appeal to them is based in like it or not. Personally I don't like Optik nor Flipshot/Icarius. But Slush heat is great. I can't say the same for Karatti (we will see when it arrives), but after seeing the reviews I am looking forward for NA He man. I think it is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post

We can never trust Matty sold out, Spector was a very controversial figure and it sold out quickly, then it appeared one more time in november BF. Right now we know that production numbers are not the same for all figures so if they really sold out it doesn't mean they are popular. I personally like Ditztroyer more than the others but I wouldn't have bought them if I hadn't a subscription.

If there were fewer FFM units made, they may be cheap and easy to come by now, but in a few years they'll be more difficult, and expensive. They're not the bomb that some of the diehards would have us believe. I'm not saying they're hyper popular, just that their demand and value is skewed at the moment.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I rarely hear anyone claiming they LIKE NA and can't wait for that subline to be complete.
    I totally claim that I LOVE NA, and I can't wait for that subline to be complete.
    I know chances are slim to eventually get them all, but I will welcome ANY Galactic Guardian and Space Mutant in my collection more that any other character.
    And yes, Karatti is awesome.

I doubt we're looking at the next Bob The Goon from 89 Batman line or anything...

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    I totally claim that I LOVE NA, and I can't wait for that subline to be complete.
    I know chances are slim to eventually get them all, but I will welcome ANY Galactic Guardian and Space Mutant in my collection.....
    I agree. I also LOVE New Adventures
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    I know chances are slim to eventually get them all, but I will welcome ANY Galactic Guardian and Space Mutant in my collection more that any other character.
    I also agree. I especially would like Master Sebrian. He's so important to the mythos.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    where's the like button?

FFM are great figures. I hope we get more specifically the Wind raider pilot
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Sure. People would argue all kinds of things. But I feel confident the majority of collectors of this line would agree with me.
    That's my exact point re: vintage NA, echoing your sentiments basically. As we all know, for one reason or another, most kids moved on (like I did to TMNT etc...) or just plain disliked it which is obviously why the general feeling would be that way. But personally I find myself giving NA a chance now more than I ever have thanks to Classics.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor