Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Fighting Foe Men - now SOLD OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I don't care when they sell out, the ebay prices are going to be much more telling of the demand for these figures.
    At least the eBay eventual SELLING price will be.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I think NA is the least popular era of He-Man. A character from that era has to really rock for people to overlook where he comes from.
    It's really difficult, and short-sighted frankly, to look at any faction in a bubble, especially where consumers are concerned. I'd hazard a guess that enough fans of this line didn't walk into the hobby being fans of every faction, and thus each of us essentially picks and chooses certain characters based on a multitude of appeal factors- (i.e., do they fit with what I already have, colors/costume/accessories, etc.). Essentially taking each new announced figure- if they aren't a slam dunk Scorpia, Two-Bad, Octavia, Catra, etc.- on their own merits and allowing each to sink or swim based on this assessment. For example; someone mentioned they don't really like Icarius but love Slushhead. This person probably doesn't possess an "all in for faction" mentality any more than most of us do. We buy what appeals to us.

Taken in this context there really is no "least popular faction". Most popular based on 'slam dunk' character selection maybe, but least popular seems harder to qualify. Each faction is made up a whole host of potentially appealing characters and not so appealing characters. At least that's how I've found my collecting experience with MOTUC has been.
    Last edited by Stygian360; May 17, 2013 at 11:21am.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I also agree. I especially would like Master Sebrian. He's so important to the mythos.
    Yes, he's important, but I think an old man in robes wouldn't be that exciting as an action figure.
    As I am more a fan of the comic books and original toys than the NA cartoon, what I want the most from NA are the Guardians and Mutants that had figures in the vintage line (including Mara and Darius).
    From the cartoon, I'll gladly take Critta (in her second outfit), and Gleep and UR... because robots are cool! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    At least the eBay eventual SELLING price will be.

It's really difficult, and short-sighted frankly, to look at any faction in a bubble, especially where consumers are concerned. I'd hazard a guess that enough fans of this line didn't walk into the hobby being fans of every faction, and thus each of us essentially picks and chooses certain characters based on a multitude of appeal factors- (i.e., do they fit with what I already have, colors/costume/accessories, etc.). Essentially taking each new announced figure- if they aren't a slam dunk Scorpia, Two-Bad, Octavia, Catra, etc.- on their own merits and allowing each to sink or swim based on this assessment. For example; someone mentioned they don't really like Icarius but love Slushhead. This person probably doesn't possess an "all in for faction" mentality any more than most of us do. We buy what appeals to us.

Taken in this context there really is no "least popular faction". Most popular based on 'slam dunk' character selection maybe, but least popular seems harder to qualify. Each faction is made up a whole host of potentially appealing characters and not so appealing characters. At least that's how I've found my collecting experience with MOTUC has been.
    Eh. I think people DO care where the characters comes from. That said, the 4 Horsemen have a chance with every figure to knock it out of the park and sell us on a character whom we didn't like in their original form. But if you think the NA characters don't start with the full disadvantage of being from the least popular era of He-Man, then I disagree with you.

Eh. I think people DO care where the characters comes from. That said, the 4 Horsemen have a chance with every figure to knock it out of the park and sell us on a character whom we didn't like in their original form. But if you think the NA characters don't start with the full disadvantage of being from the least popular era of He-Man, then I disagree with you.

Nicely said.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post

On this, I agree with No-Ah. While there are some fans who do judge figures on individual merit, most fans are out to grab their favorites and have a harsh or indifferent view of any era that they do not collect. There is a hierarchy with the MOTU eras that was reinforced by official polls--Vintage (original toyline, Filmation and Pre-Filmation) is first and foremost, 200X/MYP and POP are around the same next level and dead last is New Adventures/Jetlag. Some of the NA figures are the best designed figures in the line and most NA characters have no problems. Unfortunately, era does come into play when fans voted Flipshot as the worst figure of 2011.

TG even mentioned on RGD that a subscription was needed to sell everyone or only the vintage characters would sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This.

I have to admit I am a bit shocked at the people thinking NA is popular all of a sudden. The best I remember people claiming is that the Horsemen have a done a good job on making them fit into the line... They've gone from 'I'll quit the line if they're included.... to "I'll tolerate them because they look kinda cool", but I rarely hear anyone claiming they LIKE NA and can't wait for that subline to be complete.

MOTUC has made all the eras inclusive... but NA will always have a steep hill to climb to be truly accepted. I am not surprised at all that he's a slow sell out. I expected the FFM to outlast him... but frankly, I think they look cooler then he does with all the vintage vehicle touches on them..

I'll sell or trade the FFM if a good deal comes along, but Karatti hit the sell pile before he even showed up in the mail.
    NA is just as villainized for it's skinny un-MOTU-like toys as POP is, as POP has the whole "girl toyline" stigma to overcome.

I think that TG (storyline-wise) and the 4H (figures) made NA alot more likeable in Classics than it had been. Most fans try to watch the Jetlag cartoon to get excited for NA and wind up getting remined why they didn't like that era in the first place. I think that they should read the original four NA mini-comics that are here on the .org. While NA characters might not be as automatically hated as they once were, NA still has some hurdles to pass.

You might not hear fans wanting that subline to be complete, because they know that it might not GET complete! NA doesn't have really hardcore champions like 200X and POP do, so there are no loud screams for this. We will most likely get Hydron, Flogg and NA Skeletor in the sub and that's finishing up the first wave of NA characters. We'll be lucky if we could finish wave two (the villains only need Hoove before Wave 2 is done, but we still need the three Galactic Protectors).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    FFM are great figures. I hope we get more specifically the Wind raider pilot
    Completely agree.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'm so happy I have a sub! I absolutely LOVE the FFM!!! I just hope the Wind Raider pilot comes too!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

NA is just as villainized for it's skinny un-MOTU-like toys as POP is, as POP has the whole "girl toyline" stigma to overcome.
    Agree.

As a kid, I hated the NA toys because they didn't fit with my massive collection of He-man I already had... Had they still been able to ride a sky sled or ride battle cat? I probably would have kept going with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think that TG (storyline-wise) and the 4H (figures) made NA alot more likeable in Classics than it had been. Most fans try to watch the Jetlag cartoon to get excited for NA and wind up getting remined why they didn't like that era in the first place. I think that they should read the original four NA mini-comics that are here on the .org. While NA characters might not be as automatically hated as they once were, NA still has some hurdles to pass..

That's about where I was... Netflix sent me the first disc, and I just BARELY finished it. Couldn't watch anymore... The downside is that I actually think the cartoon was BETTER then the mini comics...

When I first read minis I was just disgusted.

The idea of them ditching Adam, changing his sword, destroying Grayskull and sticking the power in a spaceship??? WAY to big a disconnect for me. At least the cartoon didn't get into THAT aspect...

Ironically, the CHARACTERS I never cared enough about to hate.... it was just the plot direction that annoyed me.