Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Michael Bay attacked on Transformers set

  1. #1
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,427

    Michael Bay attacked on Transformers set

    Wow! I know there's been some animosity toward Bay on the board, but I'm sure all will agree this is really sad and regrettable:

    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/transfo...104950607.html

  2. #2
    Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Monroe, LA
    Posts
    5,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Wow! I know there's been some animosity toward Bay on the board, but I'm sure all will agree this is really sad and regrettable:

    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/transfo...104950607.html
    Doesn't sound like it had to do with his movies, really. But yes, being assaulted is not cool.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

    "Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

  3. #3
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,427
    The rest of the story seems to be that these guys were ticked off that a restaurant was closed down for the shooting and they demanded compensation. What kind of imbeciles attack someone over that and then go on to assault police officers? The world's gone mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Doesn't sound like it had to do with his movies, really. But yes, being assaulted is not cool.

  4. #4
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    The world's gone mad.
    Yes it has. This type of nonsense happens way too often all over the world and sadly it seems to get worse each passing day. .
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  5. #5
    anime hyper style Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    The rest of the story seems to be that these guys were ticked off that a restaurant was closed down for the shooting and they demanded compensation. What kind of imbeciles attack someone over that and then go on to assault police officers? The world's gone mad.
    Sounds like a legitimate reason to be ticked off, actually.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior mister_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas (DFW Area)
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Sounds like a legitimate reason to be ticked off, actually.
    It very well may be a legitimate reason to be upset, but it is absolutely NOT a legitimate reason to physically assault somebody.

  7. #7
    anime hyper style Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    It very well may be a legitimate reason to be upset, but it is absolutely NOT a legitimate reason to physically assault somebody.
    Of course. But who knows how it went down? Bay and the authorities will tell it one way, and that'll be the official word, but there could be more to the story that we'll never hear. These guys were asking for $12,500? Not exactly a princely sum given the magnitude of the film and its budget. Which tells me they probably weren't receiving much compensation to begin with.

    Or maybe they were just jerks. Just sayin'.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior mister_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas (DFW Area)
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Of course. But who knows how it went down? Bay and the authorities will tell it one way, and that'll be the official word, but there could be more to the story that we'll never hear. These guys were asking for $12,500? Not exactly a princely sum given the magnitude of the film and its budget. Which tells me they probably weren't receiving much compensation to begin with.

    Or maybe they were just jerks. Just sayin'.
    That's true. There is always 2 sides to any argument and we probably don't know all the details. That said, unless Bay or his people initiated the physical confrontation there is no excuse for them resorting to violence. If they feel they are owed money, they need to get a lawyer and handle it legally. Maybe that makes me some kind of hippie or something, but that's how I feel.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Mysterio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Wow! I know there's been some animosity toward Bay on the board, but I'm sure all will agree this is really sad and regrettable:

    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/transfo...104950607.html
    Sounds like triad mischief to me!

  10. #10
    Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Posts
    2,507
    Hmm, I knew I shouldn't have entrusted a mission like this to humans. Guess I'll need to hire Devcon to get the job done right.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

  11. #11
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Hmm, I knew I shouldn't have entrusted a mission like this to humans. Guess I'll need to hire Devcon to get the job done right.
    Optimus, you just won this thread.

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Ab. Ca.
    Posts
    999

    Next time send Chuck.

  13. #13
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,814
    Michael Bay ditches his presentation for Samsung after the teleprompter fails.

    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  14. #14
    HUHHHH! Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Michael Bay ditches his presentation for Samsung after the teleprompter fails.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tqRyzTvNKE
    He was clearly nervous having on stage from that presentation, I feel bad for him over "stage fright" on CES.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

    Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

  15. #15
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,427
    Don't feel too badly for him. I'm sure he'll be all right: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...bay-net-worth/



    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    He was clearly nervous having on stage from that presentation, I feel bad for him over "stage fright" on CES.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •