Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having problems getting on Matty collector?

Still works for me. I even cleared my cache to be sure.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Haha.

Was surfing on my iPhone on Barnes & Noble's free wifi. When I shut the wifi off and tried again with 4G, the site popped right up.

Guess I should tell the higher ups that our wifi stinks, lol.
    Go big or go home

Nope, I cant get in either. Another poster put up a concern with shipping being higher on subs, than if you ordered right from the site, so maybe they shut it down to raise the shipping costs for DOS!

Heroic Warrior
    I guess Val is right

That's just my assumption. I'm taking a shot in the dark at what I think is probably going on. I could be completely wrong.

Still not working. News and forums work. Seems its the shop that's not working. I'm hoping after this, maybe EA will work for me...

Still down on my laptop, but my phone got through when I turned off wifi and just used 4G. Weird.

Heroic Warrior
    Still down for me. I flushed my DNS and it's still there. For windows users, go to the cmd, type "ipconfig /flushdns". Usually that resolves domain issues for me, although that still wouldn't explain the "domain is up for renewal/backorder" page which should only display if the customer defaulted on their payment. Otherwise it just shows an ad site that says "Website coming soon" with links that they think would have something to do with the domain. Who knows what happened. Anyone's guess is as good as mine right now. Oh another possibility is that instead of changing file hosts, they changed domain hosts and some of us are still getting routed over to the original domain name host which may default to a renewal page when accounts are terminated. Sorry if this was already mentioned but I didn't see it other than Val's suggestion that they moved to a more powerful file host which is different.

well I can still get on the mattycollector site... but now my subscription has disappeared... something def screwy goin on over there...

I forwarded this on to Mattel as well via e-mail.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Your computer is probably saving old site info - clear your cache and you will see what we see
    lol...what are you talking about??? so all of a sudden...everyone needs to clear their cache? do you work for some tech company? lol...that is what it sounds like...that is what they always say "clear your cache" and it NEVER works...

Sometimes it does, depending on the problem. Clearing out cookies and cache can get some old loading data or corrupt files outta there!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Sometimes it does, depending on the problem. Clearing out cookies and cache can get some old loading data or corrupt files outta there!
    I really was not trying to sound like a jerk...but something about hearing someone say "clear your cache" gets to me. It has never worked for me and all tech reps tell you that...they always turn a problem into that instead of solving the actual problem...it is one of my pet peeves...as you can see...i have been on the phone with several tech reps...lol

It usually doesn't help me either, but sometimes it does. Being that it's one of the easiest things to check and can sometimes fix the problem, that's why it's one of the initial steps that techs suggest.
    Worth a shot, right?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Matty's definitely jacked for me.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

It'd be funny if spirit of hordak was up for sale right now lol

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Not loading for me either. Oh well.

DR finally went and crashed Matty....damn good going guys!

Come on, who didn't know it was coming???? Show of hands!

It's either that or playing their games with Hordak, made the whole damn site go into hiding....

At least the monthly sales are over....hopefully this doesn't ass up our subs now....
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It usually doesn't help me either, but sometimes it does. Being that it's one of the easiest things to check and can sometimes fix the problem, that's why it's one of the initial steps that techs suggest.
    Worth a shot, right?
    Yup, it does often work when a website isn't displaying correctly, not always though. It's due to a cached copy that is incompatible with how new data is transmitted. For example if I created a website that was dynamically updating a section of the website through say, AJAX, and it downloaded three fields. Day, month, year. The site is cached but I set the data for those fields to expire. Later, I do an update that added an extra field to the beginning of the table like Time. If you revisited the site, and it was cached, it would retrieve either Time, Day and Month and put them into the wrong field skipping Year altogether or it simply would break and not work at all. Alternatively, I could set the website to never cache and expire every time but can you imagine how much bandwidth a server would use up if it was -never- cached? It'd definitely add up, that's for true. I worked for almost 15 years in web development and it never fails to amaze me how often "try emptying the cache" actually DOES work. But I'll also concede that is often also something someone will tell you to buy time to solve the real problem knowing full well that it isn't the actual thing causing the problem. Not saying I do it but I've seen it.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm having the same problem -- all the webpages except for the Shop are working. I left a message on the Mattycollector MOTUC forum. I have a feeling this has something to do with my ISP, or possibly Mattycollector.com, and not settings on my computer. If I'm wrong and you have a fix, please let me know!

not working for 24 hours for me
    Emile

I can log on fine. Last time I tried my order history had no entries, even though I've been buying since December 2008. Now my order history is there, but the May orders aren't showing up even though they've shipped and I've been charged. So now I can't check my shipping charges and compare them to my email invoice.

Heroic Warrior
    According to a response by MC_EvilSkeletor, it appears that the Shop webpage is down due to an ISP issue:

"There was a server issue yesterday that caused the site to go down. It is back up and if you are still experiencing issue it's related to caching possibly by your ISP. Once the cache is released the issue will be cleared."

It's a DNS issue with their domain... use Google's open DNS server 8.8.8.8 and you'll be able to access it with no problems.
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Mattycollector.com down?

Went to the website a few times yesterday and today and it isn't available. Anyone know what is going on?