View Poll Results: Do you want a Snake Mountain before the vintage figures are finished ?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Do it now! before production prices make it too expensive.

56 57.14%
  • Do it after the vintage figures are completed , even if theres a risk it not being made.

26 26.53%
  • Give us Snake Mountain whenever , no matter how much it costs at a later time.

8 8.16%
  • I do not care as I dont want Snake Mountain .

8 8.16%

Thread: Snake Mountain Before full vintage figures finished???

Snake Mountain Before full vintage figures finished???

Ok so was listening to the Council of the First Ones podcast and Scott stated that he would like to see all vintage figures finished before we see a Snake Mountain. That would mean a wait of 2 years! I dont think its wise to wait that long. Next year should be Snake Mountain.
    I just think if we have to wait 2 years for Snake Mountain production costs will rise too much to make it viable and we wont get it at all.
    So lets take the poll.

The figures are far more important than another playset. What does a playset matter if you don't have the figures for it?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I want a Snake Mountain now. There are going to be 3 versions of Castle Grayskull and there's only been 1 of Snake Mountain. I already have most of the Evil Warriors I want (except Two Bad but I'm sure he's coming soon) so give me a Classics Snake Mountain with working microphone so I can drop my dope beats as my villains drop megaton bombs on those pathetic Heroic Warriors!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 11, 2013 at 03:17pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    The Evil Wartiors are my favorite faction, but I don't want a Snake Mountain and I won't buy one. It's a mountain in media and the playset would never look right...

I'm more interested in Snake Mountain than I am Castle Grayskull, so the sooner the better for me.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I voted "Yes! Do it now!" because a playset is pre-order based so it won't take away anything from the figures. It adds so much more to the line and makes MOTUC closer to being a well rounded all inclusive line!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Yes, do it now. I want it.

I want a few more vehicles, too.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Prices will only continue to rise, so I'm in favor of Snake Mountain before it becomes unreasonably priced.

The more playsets the better. I'd like to strike while the iron is still relatively hot. Snake Mountain in 2014!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Personally, I say release all the vintage figures first.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I will take it whenever I can get it!!!! Preferably sooner than later though 2014 for be the year of Snake Mountain and 2015 for the Fright Zone!!!!!

While I'd love to get it, I could I've without it.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I vote for it to be done, not necessarily straight away or this year of course. Like BJH mentioned, there's only been 1 made thus far and 3 of CG. Making a SM doesn't take anything away from figures currently being produced so bring it on.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I want the playset before all the figures are released.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Snappy Threader
    So hard to decide. On a recent episode of Gooble, they discussed the rising prices of petroleum and the direct effect on plastic prices. The longer they wait for Snake Mountain, the higher the price will be. I look at Snake Mountain as a fan problem. There is really no way they can please people with the look. If they do straight Filmation, fans of the toy will be upset. If they do the toy version, Filmation fans will be upset. If they do a hybrid like the DC two pack art, then both sides will be upset, though to a lesser degree. They claim CG did very well, so it may bode well for a Snake Mountain, but I suppose I would rather they make more figures than another large playset. I don't know. I am very conflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    The figures are far more important than another playset. What does a playset matter if you don't have the figures for it?
    agreed. i really want snake mountain. more than a grayskull actually (as at least we got a 200x grayskull)

but my focus is figs. ill take a snake mountain whenever they do it but i am not in a rush.

but i do hope they do it.

frankly i never thought they would do grayskull so i am and have been greatfull for whatever we get.

If the Snake Mountain released looks even remotely like the playset we got in the 80's count me out. I made it work as a kid but as an adult it kinda sux!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Its an interesting response so far and I have submitted a question to Mattel, in the next round of questions, highlighting this thread.
    Its good to let them know how we all are feeling about getting a Snake Mountain. Strike whilst the irons hot!

I think there are enough figures to warrant a playset. They should also consider playsets for the Horde, and a less girly Crystal Castle?

I'm not buying a Classics Grayskull, I won't be buying a Snake Mt. Way too much money for me to spend on something that will sit in a box, because I don't play with my figures, nor do I pose them in a diorama. Not to mention for the scale, they are better suited for the Mini Masters than Classics.

However, I will be buying the Icon Heroes statues of Grayskull & Snake mt. I can get both for cheaper than the price of Grayskull alone, and they take up much less room.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I think a Snake Mountain would be incredible. I only hope that if they decide to do it, they learn from the CGS shenanigans. I'd also (eventually) like to see a redux of the Fright Zone, or my personal favorite, the Slime Pit.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle