Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Galactic PRotector He-Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hybrid View

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Galactic PRotector He-Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay on this one! Had problem after problem trying to get the upload done. Just one of those days I guess. Anyway, it's up now! Enjoy, and any questions just ask!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

AWESOME As Always Dan !!!!!!!!!!!

How about his skin tone matching with regular He-Man (body wise) ????

And does his new hands feels "bigger" in person ?
    Last edited by TUC138; May 16, 2013 at 12:21pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Great job. It's not a figure I'm psyched about, and I agree, the face seems off. But it does seem he comes with a lot of accessories.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

How about his skin tone matching with regular He-Man ????
    It's slightly off. I wonder why they can't match the paint master of the original? Is it little things like temperature over at the factory that can cause inconsistencies in color?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Great Review Dan
    Thank you!

I am really REALLY impressed by this figure! For the most part, I've sworn off getting doubles just for displaying both looks due to lack of space these days- but I think with GP He-Man I'm making an exception. The armored-up space suit look was always my favorite on the classic toy, but having recently watched some of the NA episodes, I'm actually digging the ponytail w/harness look, too, and now can't decide which one I prefer! I know ToyGuru's heard it a million times already, and I know the canned response by heart now, but I sincerely wish Mattel would produce a new He-Man 2.0 with this newfangled wrist articulation. The classic He-man needs it more than GP He-Man (though Pixel Dan was right in the review- ALL He-Mans need this!).
    Now all this He-Man needs is a proper NA steed... Sagitar, where are you?

I think the overall figure is pretty good but the jawline on the pony-tail head is horrible.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

This figure turned out great! I wasn't too enthused about it at first, but the detail on this one is amazing. It's funny I think it looks like has giant gorilla hands. Only thing I don't like is that it looks like a letter "M" on his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    Only thing I don't like is that it looks like a letter "M" on his belt.
    I think they way it's done, it's meant to be an "H" and an "M" combo, for He-Man. Or that's how I look at it...

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think they way it's done, it's meant to be an "H" and an "M" combo, for He-Man. Or that's how I look at it...
    You're right, that's how it's supposed to be. It comes through on the vintage one because the triangle part is raised. For the classics version I just see a straight up "M".

How about his skin tone matching with regular He-Man (body wise) ????

And does his new hands feels "bigger" in person ?
    The skin tones are slightly different. I showed and mentioned this in the video.

I didn't notice the hands being too big, personally. I think it'll be a personal taste thing.

It's Hands-Some! Oh wait... lol

Cool review as always. I much prefer his fully armoured look

Hey Dan, why did your intro pan to the evil side for He-Man?? (you should also pan it up to the stars for NA reviews :LD)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    It's Hands-Some! Oh wait... lol

Cool review as always. I much prefer his fully armoured look

Hey Dan, why did your intro pan to the evil side for He-Man?? (you should also pan it up to the stars for NA reviews :LD)
    This is actually a temporary intro until my new intro is done. I'll actually be using a uniform intro for all MOTUC reviews going forward.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    The skin tones are slightly different. I showed and mentioned this in the video.
    When you have a chance, can you check to see how the NA He-Man skin tone compares to the heads that came with Prince Adam (one of which is the standard He-Man head sculpt, but with a slightly lighter tone)? And maybe Thunder Punch He-Man, too, though I'm sure his skin tone is probably way too light to match up.

You don't even have to post pics if you don't want to (but it's cool if you do!), just what you think from seeing them in person would be fine.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I already traded mine off for Buzz Off.....won't miss him, good trade......but great review!!!

I've wanted this figure for 20 years. Since I saw the New Adventures show and picked up the figure only to be like "it looks nothing like him...and it's skinny!"

I don't have him in my hands yet and he's already my favourite Classics figure ever.

In terms of updating the design, accessories, detail and the overall translation into Classics, I think the NA faction is the hands down winner so far.

Seeing this figure with all it's various accessories and display options has made me a little happier that I didn't manage to get the Hordak repaint. As much as I still want it, I want to get hold of NA He-Man so much more. I hope it sells well because it deserves too. Another example of why NA should not be neglected when this line winds down.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Another great review, Dan. I really dig this figure but I too have some nitpicks.

1) The head: Looks just a hair too small. I'm not liking the shrunken head trend we're seeing in recent humanoid figures. (King He-Man, Jitsu)

2) The jaw: The left side of the jaw looks like a manufacturing error. The only reason that I think it's intentional and not an error is that it also appears to look that way (as much ad you can see) on the helmeted head as well.

3) Wrists: This wrist articulation, like Bow's, make the hands protrude too far from the bracers. I would gladly have sacrificed some of the angle of articulation so that the hands could be set deeper into the wrist socket. Personally, I never wanted and don't need "sword aloft" articulation.

That said, I feel that many people are underestimating the demand for this figure and I anticipate a fast sellout as there are several reasons to buy it.

Dan, any chance you could put the King He-Man armor/cape on him and post a pic?

Heroic Warrior
    That shot of the ponytail head with the full armor while holding the helmet is epic! I'm really digging the NA stuff. Not enough to re-watch the cartoon. That'll just ruin it for me.

Heroic Warrior
    TheFwoosh gave him the DC He-Man head, looked like those skin tones matched.

Although I had this He-Man as a kid, after seeing both reviews, I'm not impressed by this figure. Both heads look off and the hands are too big. When I get this one, I'll have to do some mix&match to improve it.
    Last edited by Berserker79; May 17, 2013 at 10:36am.

Sorry I haven't answered your questions about the heads yet, guys. I'll try some of the different He-Man heads on him tonight and grab some pics. I'll also put the King He-Man armor on him.

Thanks for the info Dan ! I have few more questions for ya……. And, I hope you don't mind it !!

1) Are the new hands & both heads are casted in flesh tone plastic ?

2) I’ve noticed the tip of GA He-Man’s loin cloth piece (or upper crotch piece I must say) is not glued with inner crotch piece like MOTUC Bow for true "pant" look. Am I right on that ??

3) Speaking of Bow, does GA He-Man comes with male torso 1.0 (double ball neck peg & SDCC KG cape slot mark on back) OR male torso 2.0 (with new neck peg & smooth back) ?

Again, I hope you won’t mind answering this !!

Thanks !!
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Sorry I haven't answered your questions about the heads yet, guys. I'll try some of the different He-Man heads on him tonight and grab some pics. I'll also put the King He-Man armor on him.
    No problem, Dan. And thanks! Whenever you can get to it, if you can, is awesome.

I was checking out the Fwoosh review of this figure, and this has solidified my interest in getting a second one (despite him coming out at what will be an expensive time with all of the figures that month and SDCC shortly after).... They did a hand swap and put one of the hands from NA He-Man on another He-Man figure (in this case the one from the DC/MOTUC pack)....

According to what they said, they did a simple heat up and swap of the hand. I'm looking forward to this even more!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Thanks Dan for the review. I wasn't excited for this variant until I watched your video, now I don't really look at it like a variant, it's part of the NA line that I never knew I wanted!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'll buy this figure eventually, if my interest in MOTUC still exist in the future. Nice review Dan, as the figure (without the armor) is pretty cool.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    I have a sub. I don't get a choice if I want this figure or not, but I like it so whatever.
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............