Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Galactic PRotector He-Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

Thanks as always, Dan! I think I've said enough about how foaming-at-the-mouth I am for this figure, so the same goes here. The headsculpt jaw problems looks way better as you move him around on that platform, honestly. Teeny tiny bit worried about how the armor seems to be so puffed out around his midsection when you put the arms down, but all the other armors in this toyline have worked out fine for me, so I'm really not that bothered. I don't think anything can diminish my excitement for this freakin' figure - as I've said, it is simply everything I wanted from an NA He-Man figure!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Great review Dan! Still undecided about the figure though.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Great review! All my questions are answered. The head sculpt is a bit off, but doesn't take too much away from the figure. If people still have Prince Adam's alternate non-derpy head, the skin color is a bit closer Galactic Protector's He-Man.

Awesome review. I agree that the head sculpt isn't very awesome, I like the regular He-man head a lot better but since the skin tone is off i guess I'll just use the helmeted head- 'sall good.

BTDubs the video wouldn't load for me for some reason, but no prob's I just clicked the youtube link in PD's signature.

Other than King He-man and Prince Adam, this is the only He-man variant I've been interested in. Far more interesting than battle armor and thunder punch. Hope we get all the NA characters in classics.
    I wonder why they added the detailing to the back of his helmet? I actually prefer it just being smooth like the original toy but not a big deal either way. Love that he has the old school symbol on his chest straps. Can't wait for this guy.
    Last edited by Rodster6; May 16, 2013 at 02:44pm.

Where's the Octavia review?

Octavia's out next month and there's been no video review's or picture review's of her anywhere.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Where's the Octavia review?

Octavia's out next month and there's been no video review's or picture review's of her anywhere.
    Mattel has not sent her out for review yet. We were discussing this in the Octavia thread. Mattel mentioned something about being behind getting the samples photographed and such. I assume that's why she hasn't gone out yet. We still have a month before her sale date, so I think there's still plenty of time for Mattel to get the review samples out. Fingers crossed!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I already traded mine off for Buzz Off.....won't miss him, good trade......but great review!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    That rhymed!
    Awesome sticker included!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    The skin tones are slightly different. I showed and mentioned this in the video.
    When you have a chance, can you check to see how the NA He-Man skin tone compares to the heads that came with Prince Adam (one of which is the standard He-Man head sculpt, but with a slightly lighter tone)? And maybe Thunder Punch He-Man, too, though I'm sure his skin tone is probably way too light to match up.

You don't even have to post pics if you don't want to (but it's cool if you do!), just what you think from seeing them in person would be fine.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Mattel has not sent her out for review yet. We were discussing this in the Octavia thread. Mattel mentioned something about being behind getting the samples photographed and such. I assume that's why she hasn't gone out yet. We still have a month before her sale date, so I think there's still plenty of time for Mattel to get the review samples out. Fingers crossed!
    Ah I see, thanks for the info Dan. Can't wait to see your review of her.

One of the best figures in the line. I've been waiting for this figure. Typically I'm not all about variants, but this one is just awesome. Great review.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I'm stupidly excited about this figure. I watch the New Adventures cartoon occasionally and have the vintage version of the toy MOC, so was always keen to add his updated release in Classics to my collection. I love his two display options and will undoubtedly be picking up a second to open up and play with. The helmeted head and translucent sword both look great too.

Another excellent review Dan! Me and my 4 year old son are big fans.

Thanks Dan.!The head sculpt looks good from certain angles so I'm ok with it.Actually compared to the original head I think I prefer the newer one..My favorite look for him is with the armor on and no helmet.NA classics are looking great!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not particularly fond of NA, but I must say that THIS particular He-Man variant seems to be full of win ! Nice articulations, NEW articulations, great accessories (with BOTH armors having that sheath option !), 2 different heads... WOW ! This seems to be cool ! I'll sure buy one NA He-Man, and I'd say that I'm tempted to buy a second one (it's been a VERY long time I wasn't tempted to do that) !

Now... there's ONE thing that really bothers me : Octavia. She should have been sent first, and I'm really scared that the real reason behind her late pics etc. is a problem with her tentacles. We'll have to keep our eyes opened for any mistake or fault on that particular figure... but hopefully, she'll end up being just great.

He looks awesome, will get the one with my sub but have to pick up an extra one for sure.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Really interested to see the SOH review.

Also hope they send you the other June and July figures soon!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

People who don't like him as He-Man can always just paint his harness blue and turn him into DARE, son of He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    I really want this figure!!!

Maybe I should start reviewing MOTUC so I can get this early.

Curse you, lack of ability to view 'youtube' videos at work!!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I wonder if the hands can be popped out of the figure and put in the wrist sockets of an existing figure like the regular He-Man figure. The skin tone would still be an issue, but one step at a time.

I may pick up an extra NA He-man for this purpose.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Great review Dan as always!

The figure really did come out great even with the minor flaws. I'm not a NA fan at all but I'm excited to get this variant. He's really loaded with extras!!

Much like the FFM, even if you aren't a fan of the character, the figure is going to be great for parts. I have a ton of ideas running through my head right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I wonder if the hands can be popped out of the figure and put in the wrist sockets of an existing figure like the regular He-Man figure. The skin tone would still be an issue, but one step at a time.
    In can. Veebs posted some pics on Fwoosh.

Really like the look of the figure and the wrist articulation really gives it some amazing posing options. Love the stance where you have him pulling his sword out of its scabbard Dan, and the one holding the helmet and looking all heroic.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Looks to be a good figure. Ill probably display the figure with the gold Powersword that came with the 30th dvd release
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Heroic Warrior
    Any pics of the new heads on previous He-Man bodies? Thunder Punch and King He-Man specifically. ;-)

Also, is it just me, or are the armors getting impossible to re-fasten on the figures? It started last fall when they went to the slab on the armor instead of pegs. Figures like the Snake Men, Dekker, Fang Man, and Snake Face are simply a pain to get the armor back on and it's really frustrating. Am I the only one who's noticing this?
    Last edited by DVD; May 16, 2013 at 07:20pm.