Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Galactic PRotector He-Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I been waiting for the na he-man variant for some time (can say the same for a snake armor variant as well). i am real pleased he has both his looks in one package! im going to keep two both for display.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

He looks great! I'll definitely be getting two of him. His hands do look over sized though...

Great review as always Dan! I'm really looking forward the NA He-Man! He seems to have turned out nearly perfect! Again, with his face being a bit thinner…I'll just go with he's older and his face has gotten a bit gaunt. Can't wait for him!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Not liking him, I don't like the pony-tail head, and I don't like the HULK hands, plus they don't look right, the fingers are all the same length....I really, really don't like the hands. My figures have their swords "aloft" just fine. I seriously hope any future He-Man (or other) figures don't get the hands, or at least make them swappable and give regular hands too (at least there's only one He-Man left I care about....Flying Fists..., but if he has the hands, I may reconsider).
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Thanks for the review Dan! I loved the figure the first time I saw him. The vid did not change my opinion of it just makes me more impatient for him! I hope I can get three of him!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Nice review. The figure looks really good. Though as I've said in the NA He-man character thread it would have been incredibly easy to have had a He-Slave also. You only really needed an alternative harness and sword. Maybe we can get those in a weapons pack at some point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I think the big hands look cool. He's He-Man fer chrissakes.

That said, I'm rippin' both his hands out and giving them to regular He-Man.

That that said said, what is the point of the articulation on the left hand? To simulate real life horribly broken wrists?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Ehh, it's an easy pass for me on Grunge He-Man. Nice going on the new wrist joint but other than that, not really my style.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Thanks for the review. I have a question.... So it sounds like the wrist articulation allows one hand to go left and right only and the other hand to go up and down only. This new articulation is very cool, but I'm wondering if it would have made more sense to use more of a ball joint like piece so both wrists could get full articulation in all directions. Looking at the figure in hand do you think that would have worked or would there have been some other issue I'm not seeing that would have made that a bad idea (either aesthetically or in terms of functionality).
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    Thanks for the review. I have a question.... So it sounds like the wrist articulation allows one hand to go left and right only and the other hand to go up and down only. This new articulation is very cool, but I'm wondering if it would have made more sense to use more of a ball joint like piece so both wrists could get full articulation in all directions. Looking at the figure in hand do you think that would have worked or would there have been some other issue I'm not seeing that would have made that a bad idea (either aesthetically or in terms of functionality).
    On my new Filmation Hordak custom 2.0, I used a ball joint from a Transformers figure, and glued it into a cut down modified Trap Jaw claw made to look like Hordak's claw. The ball joint fits into what was Hurricane Hordak's canon forearm....and the articulation on that ball joint is very nice, it moves all around 360, like the regular wrists, but the ball joint adds the real world wrist articulation....I tried it, it worked much better than I hoped, I was happy, and Hordak has a claw now that is almost Filmation accurate, and is 100% articulated in all directions.

However it is made to pop out, so I can use other attachments I made, but a bigger ball joint would make it more permanent like the regular wrists, so it could be done, and would work really well for making a much better looking "aloft" hand instead of sculpting new hands, I don't know why they didn't in the first place, they could have added the "aloft" feature to the old hands....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Best He-man variant, heck, best variant period!
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

I love this figure, but the jawline on the regular head is just killing me here. I didn't know He-man started chewing tobacco when he went to space

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I love this figure, but the jawline on the regular head is just killing me here. I didn't know He-man started chewing tobacco when he went to space

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...pse6ad334a.jpg
    Agreed. The jaw is really distracting.

Great review, but I'm not that thrilled about this figure for some reason, he's cool and everything especially with the added extra head and armor, but he does look like a 70's B Sci-Fi movie figure, to me at least!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I think this might end up being one of my favorite MOTUC figures of all time. So amazing. They really did right by him.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    What an awesome figure!!!

I've wanted this figure for 20 years. Since I saw the New Adventures show and picked up the figure only to be like "it looks nothing like him...and it's skinny!"

I don't have him in my hands yet and he's already my favourite Classics figure ever.

In terms of updating the design, accessories, detail and the overall translation into Classics, I think the NA faction is the hands down winner so far.

Seeing this figure with all it's various accessories and display options has made me a little happier that I didn't manage to get the Hordak repaint. As much as I still want it, I want to get hold of NA He-Man so much more. I hope it sells well because it deserves too. Another example of why NA should not be neglected when this line winds down.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Awesome review Dan! I am sooo looking forward to this figure.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Another great review, Dan. I really dig this figure but I too have some nitpicks.

1) The head: Looks just a hair too small. I'm not liking the shrunken head trend we're seeing in recent humanoid figures. (King He-Man, Jitsu)

2) The jaw: The left side of the jaw looks like a manufacturing error. The only reason that I think it's intentional and not an error is that it also appears to look that way (as much ad you can see) on the helmeted head as well.

3) Wrists: This wrist articulation, like Bow's, make the hands protrude too far from the bracers. I would gladly have sacrificed some of the angle of articulation so that the hands could be set deeper into the wrist socket. Personally, I never wanted and don't need "sword aloft" articulation.

That said, I feel that many people are underestimating the demand for this figure and I anticipate a fast sellout as there are several reasons to buy it.

Dan, any chance you could put the King He-Man armor/cape on him and post a pic?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    That shot of the ponytail head with the full armor while holding the helmet is epic! I'm really digging the NA stuff. Not enough to re-watch the cartoon. That'll just ruin it for me.

Heroic Warrior
    TheFwoosh gave him the DC He-Man head, looked like those skin tones matched.

Although I had this He-Man as a kid, after seeing both reviews, I'm not impressed by this figure. Both heads look off and the hands are too big. When I get this one, I'll have to do some mix&match to improve it.
    Last edited by Berserker79; May 17, 2013 at 09:36am.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Sorry I haven't answered your questions about the heads yet, guys. I'll try some of the different He-Man heads on him tonight and grab some pics. I'll also put the King He-Man armor on him.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Thanks for the info Dan ! I have few more questions for ya……. And, I hope you don't mind it !!

1) Are the new hands & both heads are casted in flesh tone plastic ?

2) I’ve noticed the tip of GA He-Man’s loin cloth piece (or upper crotch piece I must say) is not glued with inner crotch piece like MOTUC Bow for true "pant" look. Am I right on that ??

3) Speaking of Bow, does GA He-Man comes with male torso 1.0 (double ball neck peg & SDCC KG cape slot mark on back) OR male torso 2.0 (with new neck peg & smooth back) ?

Again, I hope you won’t mind answering this !!

Thanks !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

can't wait to get this one!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Sorry I haven't answered your questions about the heads yet, guys. I'll try some of the different He-Man heads on him tonight and grab some pics. I'll also put the King He-Man armor on him.
    No problem, Dan. And thanks! Whenever you can get to it, if you can, is awesome.

I was checking out the Fwoosh review of this figure, and this has solidified my interest in getting a second one (despite him coming out at what will be an expensive time with all of the figures that month and SDCC shortly after).... They did a hand swap and put one of the hands from NA He-Man on another He-Man figure (in this case the one from the DC/MOTUC pack)....

According to what they said, they did a simple heat up and swap of the hand. I'm looking forward to this even more!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"