Thread: Any wrestling fans collect replica belts?

Any wrestling fans collect replica belts?

I am trying to get my ass into real fighting shape and I decided I would reward my efforts (when I am happy with my results) with a Heavy Weight Championship Belt.

So I was wondering if any orgers here have experience with these expensive items. and what you recommend to look for, who to buy from what to avoid etc.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm a Val-Pal.
    We have two the wwf women's and world titles the world title that came just after the switch from the winged eagle belt when they started to first sell them. While awesome, they become brittle over time, sadly. We took them out of thier bags recently and they started to crack when we began to unfold them.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

The older belts have rougher plastics as straps and are pretty brittle. The higher grade the belt and the newer the belt, the better quality the faux leather strap will be.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Yeah ours we simulated leather, still is very brittle and sadly not worth the $200 for women's and $300 for world all those years ago sadly.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

hmmm so the straps aren't leather? is this for all of them? or are the newer ones better materials?

ok I just looked into it, they say they have new improved simulated leather. I don't mind that it's not real leather, I just don't want it to mash up.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 16, 2013 at 03:43pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Had over 17 a few years ago, sold most of them on eBay. Selling my last one now, a releathered belt bought almost 12 years ago.

I used to have the WCW World Heavyweight Championship belt in Resin (Could in no way afford the hundreds an actual gold/leather one costs.)
    I actually used it at my last job (Yep been job hunting for almost 2 months) as a sales tool. Every week we had the title on the line. Whoever
    brought in the best attach rate would get the title. I knew the company was just going to get on our case every week anyway about it.
    So I figured it might as well be a fun competition. This old guy has it now he held the title for close to 8 months before he retired.
    I don't care though I hardly paid anything for it, and it made work a little less soul crushing for a couple of years.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    That has to be one expensive hobby. The replica belts I've seen for sale at live WWE shows are 450-500 bucks.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980