Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whiplash

27 58.70%
  • Clawful

19 41.30%

Thread: Whiplash vs Clawful

Whiplash vs Clawful

It's the bash brothers of evil warriors! Let's say they've just pulled off a successful heist together on their day off. They get to drinking and feasting on Trollan roast gooble, and an argument starts about which of them is most responsible for their successful night. They get into a fight. Who wins?

They seem pretty evenly matched to me, and I think it could go either way. I think Clawful is a bit more armored and might come out on top if he catches Whiplash by the tail.

What say you?

By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I like Clawful's design better, but I think Whiplash would be a better fighter, if the 200X series is any indication.

Cool topic!

I say Whiplash starts off by knocking Clawful across the room with his tail cathching him by suprise. Clawful gets up....and as Whiplash swings his tail again.....this time Clawful is ready...and with his giant chelae....grabs Whiplashs tail and pinchs it right off. Whiplash screams and runs off. Clawful is victor!

Quote Originally Posted by NSP View Post
    Cool topic!

I say Whiplash starts off by knocking Clawful across the room with his tail cathching him by suprise. Clawful gets up....and as Whiplash swings his tail again.....this time Clawful is ready...and with his giant chelae....grabs Whiplashs tail and pinchs it right off. Whiplash screams and runs off. Clawful is victor!
    And since he's a lizard man it probably grows back in a week or two
    By the ancients!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Hard to tell.

So many histories theses figures are to me, Clawful mostly as being the third Evil Warrior of my vintage line.

But as to just being 'em, Clawful seems to have an advantage powers like. Maybe? Probably...? I dunno.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    And since he's a lizard man it probably grows back in a week or two

Youre prolly right! Whiplash's revenge!! haha

Tough one Leech.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I really don't like Clawful at all, Whiplash is OK, but better than him.

I don't care who would win the fight, but I'd bet on Whiplash anyway.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

You know, I believe this feels very very evenly matched. A great idea, a great match up.

In my personal understanding of these characters, the way I saw them as a kid, was very strong and very dangerous.

But in the end I see Clawful either getting lucky with that giant claw, or deftly skillfully utilizing that claw.

Snap goes the spear, clip goes the tail, snip goes the throat.

Before or after Clawful gets smartened up?

Hard to say, but I want to vote Whiplash. I think he'd be a formidable fighter, even drunk. I see Clawful as not holding his liquor as well. Maybe because he's a shellfish.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Probably two of my favorites growing up! Clawful in the end though!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Tough choice but I'll say that Clawful wins because in order to use his main weapon, Whiplash has to turn his back and take his eyes off of his opponent. And in fighting, taking your eyes off your opponent or turning you back to him/her is a bad thing.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I think in the 200x version, Whiplash could use his tail like a scorpion - so he didn't really have to turn his back. I say Whiplash for the win. He uses his tail to crack open Clawful and then butters him up for a nice meal.

Whiplash take it for me, always loved the big green dude
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Remember, this isn't about who is your favorite, but who would plausibly win the fight
    By the ancients!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    I think in the 200x version, Whiplash could use his tail like a scorpion - so he didn't really have to turn his back.
    But a scorpion has a poisonous barb on the end of his tail so it's a stabbing weapon. Whiplash doesn't have a poison sting and uses his tail as a battering weapon which in order to maximize it's lethalness he needs to use the full length of it. That means turning his back to the opponent to use it. That's my thought process on the matter.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Ok I'm gonna go with Whiplash. I think he's slightly smarter and might be able to almost outsmart Clawful to be able to land a finishing strike. But I think it could really go either way with these two fellows.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    But a scorpion has a poisonous barb on the end of his tail so it's a stabbing weapon. Whiplash doesn't have a poison sting and uses his tail as a battering weapon which in order to maximize it's lethalness he needs to use the full length of it. That means turning his back to the opponent to use it. That's my thought process on the matter.

Yeah, true - I guess I just don't see turning his back as a weakness. But if we are getting technical I don't think he would stand with his back to an opponent either, but more of a roundhouse spin to get maximum power. In that regard, he has the reach advantage. And he then has the ability to trip Clawful up.

Both of them have their weaknesses though for sure. Whiplash only has his tail and Clawful only has one large claw.

Snappy Threader
    I chose Whiplash, he seems to be (in my opinion) the more warrior of the two....

I could honestly see these guys fighting to a tie. But perhaps a right hook from Clawful might just be enough...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Whiplash....that tail is too damn quick. He just has to get you once with it and the floor is your new best friend.

For this battle I'll say that they're not TOO drunk, since they're probably prone to arguments anyway.

So let see: Whiplash is smarter than he looks, while Clawful is supposed to be pretty slow witted. Also, going on the bios, Whiplash sounds like the kind of guy that only the strong-men of the Masters should tangle with. Clawful? Certainly strong, but I'm not sure he measures up to Whiplash. Sure, one missplaced tail-whip gets caught by a BIG 'OL CLAW, but would Whiplash be stupid enough to get caught by something like that so easily?

I think Whiplash takes this one. He's got more than just the tail, and I think he would be smart enough to be careful with his tail against someone with a big crushing claw.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    For this battle I'll say that they're not TOO drunk, since they're probably prone to arguments anyway.

So let see: Whiplash is smarter than he looks, while Clawful is supposed to be pretty slow witted. Also, going on the bios, Whiplash sounds like the kind of guy that only the strong-men of the Masters should tangle with. Clawful? Certainly strong, but I'm not sure he measures up to Whiplash. Sure, one missplaced tail-whip gets caught by a BIG 'OL CLAW, but would Whiplash be stupid enough to get caught by something like that so easily?

I think Whiplash takes this one. He's got more than just the tail, and I think he would be smart enough to be careful with his tail against someone with a big crushing claw.
    From the bio:

"Under a spell cast by Evil Lyn, Clawful’s dull wits were enhanced, turning him into a keen warrior and strategist"

Of course he was already pretty smart in Filmation.
    By the ancients!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    if it is myp its clawful if its filmation its whiplash
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    From the bio:

"Under a spell cast by Evil Lyn, Clawful’s dull wits were enhanced, turning him into a keen warrior and strategist"

Of course he was already pretty smart in Filmation.
    Ah, I forgot about that! Was goin' off memory. Well...hmmm....I think I still stand by my verdict. Clawful may have been enhanced, but Whiplash is still described as "chief brute squad enforcer" - which I guess means he's in charge of a group - and his defeat is usually left to He-man. So this guy should be dang hard to take down, or at least by my warrent.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.