Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles (TV show)

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby One Kenobi View Post
    And let's not forget Super Mario Bros. & Captain N
    Oh yeah......
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Widget
    Amazon.com sold out the copies of Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 1 on DVD that more people bought them and got sold out on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 and it says ships within 6 to 11 days. Does that mean that Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 1 on DVD is selling well at Amazon.com yet that more people bought it to let Disney release Season 2, Volume 2 on DVD to complete the entire series of Gargoyles on DVD including me? Will Disney release the rest of Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 2 on DVD that I want to get to complete the entire series of Gargoyles on DVD including me that more people bought Season 2, Volume 1 at Amazon.com, to increase sales?

Jonny

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    BOT ALERT!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Widget
    Hello,
    We need to increase sales of the DVDs and to do that we need to spread the word about them. There is not advertising for the DVDs and there won't be. So we need to tell everyone we know about them, post on every forum you go on. You'd be surprised how many people will go "Oh Gargoyles. I loved that show.” It's up to us if we want the next and final DVD released.

We also need to grab Disney's attention again, we lost it after the sales weren't high enough to release Vol 2, so this petition is a good idea. We need to now so we can pass it onto everyone we know so they can sign it and pass it on. Why wait a year to create a petition when we can do it online NOW and maybe get Vol 2 released by next year?

P.S. I waited for a long time for Disney to release Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 2 on DVD containing the final 26 episodes along with special features that I want to get to complete the entire series of Gargoyles on DVD collecting 65 episodes.

Thank you and have a good day.
    Jonny

Personally I hope they release S2V2 and then go on to release Goliath Chronicles. I don't care how much fans hate that one, Gargoyles just isn't complete without it.

(and honestly, I saw some Goliath Chronicles eps on Toon Disney and I didn't see what was so wrong with them).

Former Wrestling Fanatic Wrestling Fanatic's Avatar
    Surprised this hasn't been locked yet.
    I want a He-Man.org T-Shirt !!!!!

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Yeah, this thread is reading more and more like spam.

This is supposed to be for discussion about the Gargoyles DVD set, and that's fine. But any additional spam-like posts will be deleted, Jonny.

--Leanne

I thought Jonnys annoying posts were kinda funny.
    My friends wife suffered a spinal stroke in November, she remains completely paralyzed from the neck down and her insurance company recently decided to drop her as she wasnt "progressing fast enough" for them. We dont want to give up on her, we believe she can recover but the rehab she is at is pricy. Find out how you can help at:

www.nicolegregory.com

Thanks

I liked that Modlin parody that someone did in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog topic. That cracked me up.

So... really, why does everyone hate the Goliath Chronicles?

Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bit Star View Post
    So... really, why does everyone hate the Goliath Chronicles?
    Mainly, "the Goliath Chronicles" TV show is clearly aimed at a younger audience, so much that I think some of the plots were borrowed right out of Ducktales and Gummi Bears (perfectly good shows, but very different from Gargoyles). The plots are more stand alone than part of an on-going story-arc, and I think that format alone was off-putting after such a great on-going series. The momentum of the previous series was a great loss. There were also a lot of children guest characters, which felt like pandering to a youthful audience rather than the relatively more sophisticated social commentary that had been employed before (TGC wasn't capable of doing anything on the level of "Deadly Force" for example). I don't think the characters are as nuanced or multi-dimensional either, I particularly didn't like the character of John Castaway being turned (literally) into a mustache-twirling villain after previously being a more ambiguous character.

The creative team changed for the TGC, and it shows. I think most fans knew about the change, and it only cemented the feeling that TGC isn't part of what most of us loved about Gargoyles in the first place. Even now TGC still feels like some fan fic afterthought that's better forgotten. Hunter's Moon is a pretty good ending point for the series and I don't think TGC adds anything worthwhile after it.

It's sad, I remember reading that if the DVDs did well the series might come back in some form or another, now we've got people begging for casual fans and non-fans to buy the sets just so we'll get the whole series! This while some real junk is making it to DVD. I'm really surprised by the whole thing.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 25, 2007 at 11:20pm.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Not to mention that the animation was farmed out to Nelvana instead of being done in-house. Not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but the animation took a serious drop in quality. I can remember a scene where Bronx was walking through snow and his footprints didn't appear until his feet were long off the ground.
    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated; occasionally funny.
    When you're done laughing, visit the store!

Wii code: 5872 5712 0970 1915 (let me know if you're adding me)
    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PS3 User ID: KidTDragon

It looks like the rest of Gargoyles will be released on DVD

There have been some rumors floating around lately about it. An administrator at the toonzone forums just posted this e-mail that he got today:

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest and are happy to answer your questions.

There are tentative plans to release the rest of this series in 2012. No further details are available at this time.

To view our release calendar and see what great titles are currently available and coming soon, please visit http//disneydvd.disney.go.com/release-calendar.htm

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Consumer Relations
    US and Canada

Interesting, wonder what brought about the change of heart? I wonder if this means they will finish every other series they had started and left hanging
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Awesome to see the series finally get finished on DVD, it's been a long time coming -- I hope Disney goes through with the release[s] sooner rather than later. Disney really should have promoted Gargoyles better to begin with -- at the very least running commercials on the Disney Channel & DisneyXD. It'd be great to see finished DVD releases for Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, and the other orphan DVD releases as well.

I'm rather surprised that the current Disney execs have not done a Gargoyles movie yet, either animated or live action.

Urban Fantasy has been the fastest growning segment of the genre in recent years with the popularity of Harry Potter and the Twilight leading the way. So much so that new writers trying to publish stories of the usual fantasy vein are having a hard time getting published.

Gargoyles was hugely popular the first time around, I have little doubt that it can be so again. An animated might be the best way to bring the property to theaters, at least at first, an animated film would probably cost less than a well done live action movie.

If this is true, then that is excellent news! Wonder if they'll consider sticking the Goliath Chronicles episodes along with it?
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    If this is true, then that is excellent news! Wonder if they'll consider sticking the Goliath Chronicles episodes along with it?
    While I definitely would want TGC, right now, I want them to at least finish Season 2.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Oh, how wonderful! I wonder if Disney has seen how WB has its own print-on-demand DVD service and is now considering the same with its won and Marvel's properties.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Finally. Awesome news!!!!

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Sorry to be a wet blanket, but someone else in that thread contacted disney, and was told that they had no plans to release the remaining episodes. However, if you look on amazon, they've had a package image for season 2 part 2 for several months now. I have no idea where the image came from, and it's a legitimate amazon page, not a seller-created one. I even pointed it out to the guys at tvshowsondvd.com, and they said that they didn't think it was real. It looks pretty real to me, though.

I want Disney to finish releasing all their cartoons more than anyone. And while I have some hope that this information is legitimate, I kind of doubt it.

Fingers crossed Disney do finish them off! We are so close, so it wouldn't take much:

-Ducktales (25 episodes/3 disc set)
    -Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers (14 episodes/2 disc set)
    -Talespin (11 episodes/2 disc set)
    -Gummi Bears (48 eps/4 disc set)

I'd buy all those! Heck I still need all of Talespin, Gummi Bears plus Ducktales/Chip n Dale volume 1.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Fingers crossed Disney do finish them off! We are so close, so it wouldn't take much:

-Ducktales (25 episodes/3 disc set)
    -Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers (14 episodes/2 disc set)
    -Talespin (11 episodes/2 disc set)
    -Gummi Bears (48 eps/4 disc set)

I'd buy all those! Heck I still need all of Talespin, Gummi Bears plus Ducktales/Chip n Dale volume 1.
    Doesn't Darkwing Duck only need 1 more set too?

Disney, kings of "just 1 more set" syndrome
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I hope this is true but I highly doubt it.

Until Weisman confirms it I'll take this "new info" with a grain of salt.

I e-mailed Disney about Gargoyles, DuckTales, Gummi Bears, and Rescue Rangers. They confirmed the plans for Gargoyles. This was their response:

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest and are happy to answer your questions. There are tentative plans to release the rest of the Gargoyles series in 2012. No further details are available at this time.

To view our release calendar and see what great titles are currently available and coming soon, please visit http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/release-calendar.htm.

The remaining titles you mentioned have not been released on Blu-ray or DVD. Although we do not have a tentative release date set, we would be happy to share with the rest of our team that you would like to have this available for purchase! Your feedback helps us build a better experience for all of our guests and is truly appreciated!