Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles (TV show)

Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    Sorry to be a wet blanket, but someone else in that thread contacted disney, and was told that they had no plans to release the remaining episodes. However, if you look on amazon, they've had a package image for season 2 part 2 for several months now. I have no idea where the image came from, and it's a legitimate amazon page, not a seller-created one. I even pointed it out to the guys at tvshowsondvd.com, and they said that they didn't think it was real. It looks pretty real to me, though.

I want Disney to finish releasing all their cartoons more than anyone. And while I have some hope that this information is legitimate, I kind of doubt it.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    Sorry to be a wet blanket, but someone else in that thread contacted disney, and was told that they had no plans to release the remaining episodes. However, if you look on amazon, they've had a package image for season 2 part 2 for several months now. I have no idea where the image came from, and it's a legitimate amazon page, not a seller-created one. I even pointed it out to the guys at tvshowsondvd.com, and they said that they didn't think it was real. It looks pretty real to me, though.
    That's just a "place holder" listing. These are very common on Amazon for unreleased movies/tv shows that people frequently search for on the site, but have not been announced for an official release.

The image could just be a fan-made cover that someone uploaded on that listing.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Did hell just freeze over, and are there any pigs flying outside?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    This is what I find annoying. Companies are against pirating, want to end piracy, and they will shell out money to end piracy, but they don't want to shell out the money to make a product people will buy rather than pirate.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Do the deed Disney. Avalon wills it. And so do I

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    Did hell just freeze over, and are there any pigs flying outside?
    Why the rolling eyes?? If they are releasing the remaining stuff on DVD shouldn't that get a positive reaction from you
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I hope this is true! I had to watch the remaining episodes online! I would love to own the rest of Gargoyles (including the Goliath Chronicles).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Doesn't Darkwing Duck only need 1 more set too?
    Not sure I'm not really a fan of it that much...
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Such great news!!!

I'm sorry that the sales were so "bad" that it basically killed chances of the franchise coming back but at LEAST we can get the completed original run.

It's a shame, but this could rock if they'd brought it back. I guess anything could to its fans. It's got the parts to thrill the target audience though. Marketing it is probably the biggest challenge for Disney, whose marketing team has made some of the worst decisions lately IMO (particularly titles like Tangled and dropping Mars from John Carter because Mars Needs Moms was a flop--sigh).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I hope this is true! I had to watch the remaining episodes online! I would love to own the rest of Gargoyles (including the Goliath Chronicles).
    Trust me, the Goliath Chronicles are pretty unimpressive and easily forgotten. They played more like Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles episodes without the humor. Suddenly kids were always involved, and gone were the operatic stories and interesting characters. I especially hated what they did to the youngest Canmore. He went from being the most reluctant hunter of the three siblings of Hunters' Moon where he was left consumed by guilt for injuring his brother, to being a 2-dimensional hater in a Fester the Molestor mustache. I prefer to think the show ended when the Gargoyles returned to Castle Wyvern.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Doesn't Darkwing Duck only need 1 more set too?

Disney, kings of "just 1 more set" syndrome
    Yeah, Darkwing Duck needs it's third volume released. Hopefully whenever the final DWD release happens it includes the complete premier telemovie, all that's on the first volume is the individual episodes in syndicated cuts.

This is great news, but to be honest, I don't buy too many of my favorite shows on DVD anymore. I think I spent too many years re-watching old episodes. I didn't even buy a season of She-Ra.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

I guess being younger, I didn't notice a huge difference in tone with The Goliath Chronicles. I might today, but at least the show had an ending compared to the comic Weisman got us all hyped for and then let us down with by taking it nowhere and then canning it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Trust me, the Goliath Chronicles are pretty unimpressive and easily forgotten. They played more like Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles episodes without the humor. Suddenly kids were always involved, and gone were the operatic stories and interesting characters. I especially hated what they did to the youngest Canmore. He went from being the most reluctant hunter of the three siblings of Hunters' Moon where he was left consumed by guilt for injuring his brother, to being a 2-dimensional hater in a Fester the Molestor mustache. I prefer to think the show ended when the Gargoyles returned to Castle Wyvern.
    I liked the Goliath Chronicles. That's when Goliath and his daughter traveled together via boat and they went through time, right?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I liked the Goliath Chronicles. That's when Goliath and his daughter traveled together via boat and they went through time, right?
    No, I think they called that "The Avalon Saga" or something. The Goliath Chronicles was the third season which aired on ABC on Saturday mornings shortly after Disney bought ABC, and it shows a marked drop in quality after the first episode.

I really hope this is true about season 2 finally being released. I'm not going to lose any sleep if they decide to skip season 3.
    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated; occasionally funny.
    When you're done laughing, visit the store!

Wii code: 5872 5712 0970 1915 (let me know if you're adding me)
    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon

Oh man, you just reminded me of my favorite Gargoyles episode of all time, Future Tense. That was such an incredibly dark episode with an amazing plot twist to go with it.

Heroic Warrior

Gargoyles (TV show)

Any other fans of this amazing Disney produced animated show? it was surprisingly dark and mature themed for a Disney animated show and i watched it every morning when i was 13 and taped every episode, i also still remembered the pilot movie that aired on UPN at night.

Nice animation from TMS (they always do quality TV and some film animation) and voice acting from some Star Trek crew members like Brent Spiner to Jonathan Frankes, even one of my fave actors Keith David is superb as Goliath.

I also liked it that the guys who did Batman TAS and Gargoyles co-produced, co-wrote and designed the show.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    *Note: We had a bunch of older inactive threads about specific Gargoyles DVD Discussions, so I've combined them all under one universal Gargoyles discussion. This can be used going forward.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Great show, wish they would finish releasing it on DVD, along with the rest of Kim Possible, W.i.t.c.h., Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Aladdin TV series, Little Mermaid TV series, Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, and The Tick.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Any other fans of this amazing Disney produced animated show? it was surprisingly dark and mature themed for a Disney animated show and i watched it every morning when i was 13 and taped every episode, i also still remembered the pilot movie that aired on UPN at night.

Nice animation from TMS (they always do quality TV and some film animation) and voice acting from some Star Trek crew members like Brent Spiner to Jonathan Frankes, even one of my fave actors Keith David is superb as Goliath.

I also liked it that the guys who did Batman TAS and Gargoyles co-produced, co-wrote and designed the show.
    Hmmmmmmmm, something is starting to sound familiar here. Were you ever a member on Toonzone and Shout Factory's forums?

Heroic Warrior
    No Kain i'm not.

Say uh who else thinks Keith David was born to play Goliath? him and Spawn are his best voice acting roles ever.

Who else thought Demona was sexy? i did when i was 13 and i use to fantasize about her. I mean she maybe mean but she's quite a hot animated villainess much like Catra, Nightshade from COPS, Berchie and Wicked Lady on Sailor Moon, Android 18 on DBZ and Mirage on Aladdin The Series. lol.

The DVD outlook for the rest of the series is now grim again. Here is an e-mail update I got from Disney:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding GARGOYLES SEASON 2, VOLUME 2 and GARGOYLES SEASON 3. We appreciate your interest in Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.

GARGOYLES SEASON 2, VOLUME 2 and GARGOYLES SEASON 3 have not been released on Blu-ray or DVD. Although we do not have any further release information, we would be happy to share with the rest of our team that you would like to have this available for purchase! Your feedback helps us build a better experience for all of our guests and is truly appreciated!
    There are new volumes of Goof Troop (of all shows) recently released by the Disney Movie Club, so perhaps there is still hope for the future for this and other Disney Afternoon cartoons that haven't been completed yet.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh boy i can't wait man.

Did anyone buy the new Gargoyles and Talespin sets from Disney Movie Club? I'm having to resort to eBay being UK based and not being able to join
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Gargoyles S2 V1 disc 2 play back issues?

I've recently bought Gargoyles S2 V1 Region 1 set and disc 2 has major play back issues on episodes 13-17 that make them unwatchable.
    I've tried it on three different players and get the same thing.
    Before I try to get it exchanged or I buy it again, can anybody tell my if this disc had general play back issues or have I just got a dodgy disc?

Many thanks.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26