Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleepy hollow Discussion

Sleepy hollow Discussion

I missed episode 2, but I REALLY enjoyed part 1 - feels like it could be this decade's X-files, except the supernatural stuff is right in your face! lol the lead actress is some nice eye candy for me, and i did like the chemistry with Ichabod Crane. I am not too keen on the Apocalypse twist to the story but I think it serves well enough as a vehicle to open doors for these monsters and such so I can look past my (minor) quibbles about that. I was sad to see her Captain die but I knew it was coming. disappointed that they killed the priest so early, I was hoping he'd interact with Crane more (missed ep two so if he came back don't tell me!!) lol (I don't expect him to)

Anyone else enjoying it? hating it? feeling MEH about it?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Loved the first two episodes, and am hoping the show does well. This kind of thing is right up my alley - ghost stories, the American Revolution, mysteries/hidden secrets - and it's set fifteen minutes from me.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Love it!!! I didn't see episode one but I saw two. Enjoyed it. But I'm a history nerd so there ya go. Crane is great and sometimes he says things I say. I did think the episode or witches death was perdictable. I like the charchters so far. His wife's tombstone was wrong for the era but I digress.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I've seen both episodes and enjoyed them immensely! I really hope the show does well. Fox seems to like cancelling shows I enjoy though....lol.

Didn't see them when they first came out but, I just saw both episodes today on my flash drive. ;-) They where awesome, can't wait for more.
    The New King of Eternia
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I wonder if every other episode will be a Horseman episode?
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I like what I have seen so far. Hopefully Fox will give it a chance and not gank it like they did Terra Nova and Alcatraz. I thought those two shows had potential although they obviously didn't start out with Lost-level ratings (which seems to be Fox's main barometer of whether they will keep a show or not).
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return."
    - The Book of Eli

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's an interesting take on the Horseman, making him one of the four, and casting Ichabod as his eternal nemesis. So far it's good enough to keep me watching, and I do some great potential. I also think it's wise to perhaps not have the Horseman himself showing up every episode, as it could quickly become too formulaic. Making him an occasional treat rather than a regular menace keeps his appearances special, something to look forward to.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It's an interesting take on the Horseman, making him one of the four, and casting Ichabod as his eternal nemesis. So far it's good enough to keep me watching, and I do some great potential. I also think it's wise to perhaps not have the Horseman himself showing up every episode, as it could quickly become too formulaic. Making him an occasional treat rather than a regular menace keeps his appearances special, something to look forward to.
    It also reinforces that there is more going on there than just the Horseman and his head-chopping escapades. I mean, the Four Horsemen are bad enough, but there's also that demon in the woods, a coven or two of witches, a zombie cop, and who knows what else on top of them. The menace of the Horseman will always be lurking in the background, of course, as it wouldn't be Sleepy Hollow without him. But what makes it even more exciting is knowing that he is not the only creepy thing going on in the town, and finding out what else may be there is an interesting surprise.

I am a bit of a history buff, so the Revolutionary War tie-ins, even if historically inaccurate, are also quite appreciated by me.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; September 27, 2013 at 04:04pm.

"Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return."
    - The Book of Eli

I have to say I am pleasantly surpised by the show. I was not going to watch it because every genre show I watch turns out horrible or canceled. The commercials for the show made me questions how they could make this into a watchable series.

However, I had heard good thing and decided to check it out.

I am glad I did. It is actually pretty good with a lot of potential.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I've watched all the episodes so far and I admit this show is all sorts of awesome. The one thing that others me is why the haven't given Crane some new clothes as of yet.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    The one thing that others me is why the haven't given Crane some new clothes as of yet.
    I was kind of wondering about that too, but I guess they want to keep his look. It would make sense to me if he kept the jacket, but changed his actual clothes...

But otherwise I'm wildly surprised by the show. I wrote it off completely from the promos, but I was bored when the repeat of the 1st episode aired and was immediately hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I was kind of wondering about that too, but I guess they want to keep his look. It would make sense to me if he kept the jacket, but changed his actual clothes...

But otherwise I'm wildly surprised by the show. I wrote it off completely from the promos, but I was bored when the repeat of the 1st episode aired and was immediately hooked.
    I like his clothes as is. They have a historical feel to them but I dont think they are from the period. So he doesnt look really outta place.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I like his clothes as is. They have a historical feel to them but I dont think they are from the period. So he doesnt look really outta place.
    They look cool for the show, but has he changed them yet?

No chances are he would have the same reaction he did to 'energy drink'. It can be quite surprising things we grew up with or have grown accustomed to being given to someone not in those situations and see their response. Btw sodas actually have a bit of a burning sensation when you haven't drank one. I quit drinking them half a dozen times in college and after not drinking them for months I noticed this when I got my first one.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

They look cool for the show, but has he changed them yet?
    No, but I am sure he has beaten them against a rock once or twice I dont think the show would have the same feel if he wore modern clothes and spoke as he does.

BTW the sandman character from last episode was kinda creepy. Didn't like it. I have to watch the first episode.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

No, but I am sure he has beaten them against a rock once or twice I dont think the show would have the same feel if he wore modern clothes and spoke as he does.
    That's why I think he definitely needs to keep the jacket.

I have to watch the first episode.
    You really do. Its very good.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    I like the show have been enjoying I hope FOX keeps the show
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

That's why I think he definitely needs to keep the jacket.

You really do. Its very good.
    I tried but it said I had to pay. Not feelin that so ill wait for reruns.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Not sure if it still is I got the first episode on my tablet for free (android through google play).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well, sometimes its hard to tell but his clothes tend to strike me more as old-fashioned than Revolutionary War period accurate. He does not look completely out of place in the 21st century like he would if he was wearing knee socks and a tricorn hat and powdered wig. But then the latter was really only appropriate for high society and otherwise you just kinda wore whatever you had.

- The Book of Eli

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's definitely broadening the spectrum beyond just the Horseman. There's a danger of it falling into a "supernatural freak of the week" formula, but so far the things they've dealt with have been interesting enough to keep me coming back. I'm getting to like Crane, as he's becoming more than just the creepy cryptic guy, and his new partner obviously has a lot of backstory she may not even know.

It's a promising premise, and the characters are being fleshed out fairly well, so I'll be watching unless it really jumps the headless shark...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It's definitely broadening the spectrum beyond just the Horseman. There's a danger of it falling into a "supernatural freak of the week" formula, but so far the things they've dealt with have been interesting enough to keep me coming back.
    I think this is a good thing - provided it all ties together as it has so far. I'm not sure how long a show could run if it was just vs The Headless Horseman.

- - - Updated - - -

Already renewed!

And the first pickup for a new series this fall goes to — Fox‘s drama Sleepy Hollow. But instead of the standard back 9 order, the adventure series is getting a second-season renewal for at least 13 episodes. Sleepy Hollow is part of Fox’s strategy for shorter, largely uninterrupted, cable-style runs. It was designed to air its 13-episode first season in the fall before another drama series ordered under the same template, The Following, returns in the Monday 9 PM hour — likely in January. Given the success of Sleepy Hollow, it probably was tempting to try and extend its freshman season to the standard 22 episodes, but Fox brass stuck with their original plan. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who co-created Sleepy Hollow with the pilot’s director Len Wiseman and Phillip Iscove but are now under an overall deal at CBS TV Studios, are on board for Season 2. Also coming back is Mark Goffman, who joined after the pilot as an executive producer assisting Kurtzman and Orci with showrunning duties. “The show has proven to be a risk well worth taking — it’s a conceptual blast unlike anything else on television and it all holds together with inventive writing and a fantastic cast,” said Fox chairman Kevin Reilly.

Sleepy Hollow, a new take on the tale of the Headless Horseman, has been one of the biggest success stories this fall, not only because of its strong premiere numbers but because of its consistency, opening with a 3.4 18-49 rating and, three weeks in, still staying above the 3 ratings threshold in live viewing (3.0). The series, from K/O Paper Products and 20th Century Fox TV, also is a huge DVR draw, earning a 5.0/13 rating among adults 18-49 and 13.6 million viewers for the premiere in Live+3, making it Fox’s most successful fall drama premiere since the debut of 24 in November 2001. With its encore, post-three-day playback on DVR and VOD and streaming, the Sleepy Hollow premiere has drawn an audience of more than 22 million to date. The series is executive produced by Kurtzman, Orci, Wiseman, Goffman, series director Ken Olin and Heather Kadin, with Iscove serving as supervising producer.

Yup, I just saw it was renewed. Wow, that was really fast, especially for a show in its first year.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Very cool to hear - I caught a quick snippet of something about this on the radio this morning...sounds like the actual town is benefiting from all this as well.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."