Thread: BCI Eclipse presents... Prince Valiant on DVD

Heroic Warrior

BCI Eclipse presents... Prince Valiant on DVD

Check out http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5479 for information on one of BCI Eclipse's upcoming DVD releases, The Legend of Prince Valiant. Although there is a factual inaccuracy in the press release (the first two Prince Valiant episodes have been available to buy for a couple of years here in the UK on a budget price DVD) it's still great news.

It's mentioned that this is the first in a full line of releases which presumably will include Filmation's Flash Gordon and Defenders of the Earth.
    Last edited by Dagar; April 15, 2006 at 05:36pm.

Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar
    This is good news, man by the end of the year my TV Show DVD collection will have grown by leaps & bounds.
    www.ioffer.com

Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

Gosh, I don't remember this series at all. Was it any good?

BTW: There was mention of the Flash Gordan series recently on tvguide.com

FLASH NEWS: BCI Eclipse, the company behind the He-Man reissues, has nabbed DVD rights to liberate 20 series from the vaults of Filmation, the creators of Fat Albert. Fans of such animated fare as Groovy Ghoulies and Defenders of the Earth, or of live-action adventures such as Jason of Star Command and The Secret of Isis, will be stoked to hear that She-Ra: Princess of Power and The New Adventures of Flash Gordon will arrive in July and Ghostbusters by late 2006. The back-catalog blitz will continue through summer 2007.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I remember hearing something about this show when it debuted, but I don't think I ever watched an episode. Looks like it has a strong voice cast. A Prince Valiant press release, but no SOTS?

Quote Originally Posted by N8 STORM
    IA Prince Valiant press release, but no SOTS?
    Prince Valiant comes out before SOTS.

Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar
    It's mentioned that this is the first in a full line of releases which presumably will include Filmation's Flash Gordon and Defenders of the Earth.
    I sure hope so, I've waited a long time for those two shows to hit DVD. I own the foreign box set releases, but will gladly get rid of them if BCI makes box sets. The more shows BCI puts out the more money of mine they will get. As for DVD TV shows out on DVD I'd say they are clearly #1 when it comes to giving the fans a great product to own.

I'm already on the hook for;

Filmations Ghostbusters (TBA)

He Man & the Masters of the Universe

New Adventures of He Man

She Ra & the Princess of Power
    www.ioffer.com

Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

I remember the toon but I cannot recall if I liked it or hated it. I may check it out.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 60 - Ten Year Anniversary of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by N8 STORM
    I remember hearing something about this show when it debuted, but I don't think I ever watched an episode. Looks like it has a strong voice cast. A Prince Valiant press release, but no SOTS?
    I thought they already did announce that SOTS would be part of the Best of She-Ra collection that is to premiere at the Comicon?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne
    I thought they already did announce that SOTS would be part of the Best of She-Ra collection that is to premiere at the Comicon?
    I'm not talking about the earlier press release. the new one that is due soon.

Chris here...

It's many, many years since I last saw Prince Valiant, I can't remember much about it. I know when I first saw it I didn't care for it, but it gradually grew on me - if I'm honest I doubt if I'll pick this set up, but I'm eager to hear about BCI releasing Defenders of the Earth! I shall eventually pick up the complete series of Flash Gordon that's on UK DVD, but I've actually held off buying the Australian DotE DVD set until I see what BCI can come up with!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

YAY! This makes me SO happy! I loved this series when it first aired, and my grandmother recorded almost every episode for me. The voice talent was very good and the episodes were quite well done. Alan Oppenheimer did the voice of Merlin, so there's a little He-Man connection right there.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be."

~Peter Gibbons, Office Space

"How 'bout you not judge? How 'bout you just love?"

~Me

Amazon has this available for pre-order now...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

If it's the complete series, why does it also say volume 1?

Or is it box 1 of the set? If that's the case I think they should ditch the 'complete series' part because it sounds a little misleading.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Because it'll come out in 2 sets, and since it really didn't have seasons, it'll just be "The Complete Series" Volumes 1 and 2.

Greater than Excalibur Sword of Omens's Avatar
    I remember this series. Wasn't a major fan of it but didn't dislike it either. Still, wouldn't go watching on DVD. On the other hand, if it repeated on TV...
    Sic vis pacem para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war

Just bought it today, loved this show and would always watch it at night when it was on Family channel or whatever itwas called then.

I wish Netflix would get it
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 60 - Ten Year Anniversary of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2016!

I finally got around to getting these sets (before it comes too difficult to find on the secondary market for a cheap price). It was a blind buy, but I've enjoyed the episodes I've watched so far. I'm a sucker for medieval times type stuff. I would have liked to see some dragons or Merlin to use his magic more, but I guess those were part of some conditions that the Family Channel asked for. I thought sidekicks Arn and Rowanne were good editions. The show explores some adult themes and there are character deaths. The comics never ran in my local newspaper.

A few of the episodes seem it particularly bad shape on the Vol. 1 set, but I can't quite tell if it is the masters or the disc's fault (as it has quite a few scratches). The Dawn of Darkness and one or two others on the second disc of Vol. 1 seem in bad shape. I'm guessing the show wasn't remastered. I'm not a fan of the cases. They are brittle and hard to get the discs out. The discs are double sided and overlapping plus there is a flipper for discs 2 and 3 in there that bangs together against discs 4 and 5, so you are bound to get some scratches between all those things.