Thread: SHFiguarts TMNT figures (great scale with Filmation He-Man)

SHFiguarts TMNT figures (great scale with Filmation He-Man)

I just wanted to say that these figures are superb. If you can afford the price (it was a challenge for me) but you're also on the fence, and if the fact that they fit in perfectly in terms of scale, with your Club Grayskull figures helps, then let it be known. If you weren't already aware, the turtles are only supposed to be 4' tall within their lore, so they should be noticeably shorter than he-Man, in order to be properly scaled, and they are. Not too short, not too tall. They are just perfect in my opinion.

Also, if you didn't know, Shredder has already been revealed, but he's not up for pre-order yet. I don't know how he will fit in, scale wise, but I'm pretty sure he'll be properly scaled to the turtles. Leo and Don are available now, Raph and Mikey are up for pre-order (due out in october), and Shredder is coming eventually (not sure when). I still cringe at the price just thinking about it, but man these things are fantastic. I got mine from BigBadToyStore, but there may be cheaper options out there.

I'll try to get some pics up soon, but for now, here's Dan's review.

And here's Dan's video that shows off the upcoming Shredder figure.

Here's a comparison pic. If you assume that He-Man is around 6' then the scale is good. I'm sure Shredder won't be as tall as He-Man, but he's Asian after all! Plus I personally can just say that Eternia has taller, bulkier people in general. Probably something in the air.

And here's a fun one.

Last edited by nicholighkun; September 26, 2016 at 06:03pm.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to receiving my order (hopefully some time this week... they've been shipped, just haven't arrived yet).

That's good news on the scale. With my Thundercats sub Lion-O on the way as well, it will be really awesome to have He-Man, Lion-O, and the TMNT all in a good scale with each other, as these were pretty much my top favorite cartoon/toylines growing up (followed closely by The Real Ghostbusters and Voltron). So being able to display them together will be nice.

It also looks like size-wise they are pretty close to the NECA arcade game TMNT, which is cool since I have those as well.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Yeah I'm big into displaying a large mashed up world of all the characters I loved as a kid, so I feel the same way. There's something about these being smaller than He-Man, and in the right scale that almost creates a richer depth to the figures. Somehow it makes them feel more real, and cooler. It's really hard to explain, but it's awesome.

I subbed for TC as well. This is going to be a huge month. Especially since Stridor is almost as high on my favorites list as He-Man, Battlecat, Skeletor and Panthor. Granted Night Stalker isn't quite so high, but it's still going to be awesome to get him.

And for me personally it was MOTU then TMNT, and they were very high above all other brands in terms of how much I loved them. TC was one of those things I loved/hated because I saw such inconsistency in the animation and story telling quality. I loved the designs, the characters, and the lore a ton though. For me the new TC line is kind of a childhood dream come true. It's like the best of what I loved back in the day, minus the cheap quality, and gimmicky, improperly scaled figures. Even though they weren't very high on my list then, I really wanted them to be.

For me, this month will be very hard to top.

-----EDIT-----

I've added a couple pics in the OP.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; September 26, 2016 at 06:05pm.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I just wanted to say that these figures are superb. If you can afford the price (it was a challenge for me) but you're also on the fence, and if the fact that they fit in perfectly in terms of scale, with your Club Grayskull figures helps, then let it be known. If you weren't already aware, the turtles are only supposed to be 4' tall within their lore, so they should be noticeably shorter than he-Man, in order to be properly scaled, and they are. Not too short, not too tall. They are just perfect in my opinion.

Also, if you didn't know, Shredder has already been revealed, but he's not up for pre-order yet. I don't know how he will fit in, scale wise, but I'm pretty sure he'll be properly scaled to the turtles. Leo and Don are available now, Raph and Mikey are up for pre-order (due out in october), and Shredder is coming eventually (not sure when). I still cringe at the price just thinking about it, but man these things are fantastic. I got mine from BigBadToyStore, but there may be cheaper options out there.
    Nice!

I'm glad someone else is enjoying these guys as much as I am! I picked up Leo and Don shortly after SDCC, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made! (Plus, I have Mikey and Raph on pre-order..... waiting for Shredder to go on sale too! )

As far as I'm concerned, these Figuarts Turtle figures are the definitive versions of the Classic 80's TMNT. They're almost perfect!

Here is the TMNT thread where we talked a bit about them earlier this year:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Thread/page83
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    And here's a fun one.
    Is Spector peeing back there?
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 11 more to go! Vizar, Nocturna, Kayo, Sagitar, Artilla, Spinwit, Lizorr, Quakke, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    Is Spector peeing back there?
    He's being scolded by King He-man for not getting Stridor into the line before it died.