Thread: Disney announces Rebels a new Star Wars Animated series

Hybrid View

Disney announces Rebels a new Star Wars Animated series

Just months after Lucasfilm announced the end of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Disney has put the new animated series Star Wars Rebels into production. The new franchise will premiere with a one-hour Disney Channel special in fall 2014, followed by a series on Disney XD.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Disney-A...s-1065860.aspx
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Dave Filoni is involved, so hopefully it'll have the same feel and tone that Clone Wars did. I just hope that keep some of the mature themes intact and don't shy away from the fact that this is a dark time in the Star Wars timeline.

kinda had a feeling something like that was going to happen. Why keep a cartoon series on CN when Disney can put one on XD

SOOOOOOOOOO excited about this!!! I have always said that exactly this series has to happen after CW ends, and it is a Dream Come True, in true Disney fashion. Having Dave involved again has me all atitter with awesomeness-induced glee!

Now, if only we can get a few things into this series, we may actually have to plan my funeral, as I will DIE of Geek-gasmic Overload:

-plenty of Bail Organa and even some young Princess Leia
    -lots of Tarkin being nasty
    -tie up the loose Darth Maul ends (unless that happens in the CW "Bonus Content" we're being promised)
    -Jar Jar. Yes, seriously. Give him some important things to do, in his inimicable style. Not a lot, but an episode or two.
    -Droids. R2 should of course be centerstage often, aiding in missions for Organa and Captain Antilles, and maybe Leia at times as well
    -Rex. If he survives the "Bonus Content," he should show up, but is he a traitor to the Empire and his Clone brethren, or does he now serve Vader? Speaking of...
    -Vader. This is a chance to show him hunting down Jedi. Struggling with his new role. Being the dastardly villain we all love! Used sparingly, I think. Searching for an apprentice? Which leads me to...
    -Ahsoka.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    -Jar Jar. Yes, seriously. Give him some important things to do, in his inimicable style. Not a lot, but an episode or two.
    I... like this idea. I'm no Jar Jar fan, but he must be doing something during this time.

I just want to see Ahsoka vs Darth Vader, as long as Vader can't bring himself to kill her and lets her go.

Yes, Ashoka now surviving the Clone Wars well hopefully she will be added to this series, and help the Rebels
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Hmm. Interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing this. I hope it doesnt look like the clone wars cause I hated those designs.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hopefully, unlike Clone Wars, this series will be good and actually focus on the rebels instead of the Jedi. It was very annoying having a series called Clone Wars that focused solely on 3 Jedi. So does this mean CW is ending? It has to end with Grievous capturing Palpatine though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well, that was a pretty fast turnaround. I liked all the movies and the Clone Wars, so I'm sure I'll check it out. Hopefully, it is as good as Clone Wars and not too kiddie. I wouldn't want Ahsoka as a main character, but I'd like seeing her make a few appearances.

Heroic Warrior
    I mixed feelings about this one and will wait till I see some previews, maybe actual episodes, before I will get interested.