Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney announces Rebels a new Star Wars Animated series

Disney announces Rebels a new Star Wars Animated series

Just months after Lucasfilm announced the end of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Disney has put the new animated series Star Wars Rebels into production. The new franchise will premiere with a one-hour Disney Channel special in fall 2014, followed by a series on Disney XD.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Disney-A...s-1065860.aspx
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Dave Filoni is involved, so hopefully it'll have the same feel and tone that Clone Wars did. I just hope that keep some of the mature themes intact and don't shy away from the fact that this is a dark time in the Star Wars timeline.

kinda had a feeling something like that was going to happen. Why keep a cartoon series on CN when Disney can put one on XD

SOOOOOOOOOO excited about this!!! I have always said that exactly this series has to happen after CW ends, and it is a Dream Come True, in true Disney fashion. Having Dave involved again has me all atitter with awesomeness-induced glee!

Now, if only we can get a few things into this series, we may actually have to plan my funeral, as I will DIE of Geek-gasmic Overload:

-plenty of Bail Organa and even some young Princess Leia
    -lots of Tarkin being nasty
    -tie up the loose Darth Maul ends (unless that happens in the CW "Bonus Content" we're being promised)
    -Jar Jar. Yes, seriously. Give him some important things to do, in his inimicable style. Not a lot, but an episode or two.
    -Droids. R2 should of course be centerstage often, aiding in missions for Organa and Captain Antilles, and maybe Leia at times as well
    -Rex. If he survives the "Bonus Content," he should show up, but is he a traitor to the Empire and his Clone brethren, or does he now serve Vader? Speaking of...
    -Vader. This is a chance to show him hunting down Jedi. Struggling with his new role. Being the dastardly villain we all love! Used sparingly, I think. Searching for an apprentice? Which leads me to...
    -Ahsoka.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Yes, Ashoka now surviving the Clone Wars well hopefully she will be added to this series, and help the Rebels
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Hmm. Interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing this. I hope it doesnt look like the clone wars cause I hated those designs.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hopefully, unlike Clone Wars, this series will be good and actually focus on the rebels instead of the Jedi. It was very annoying having a series called Clone Wars that focused solely on 3 Jedi. So does this mean CW is ending? It has to end with Grievous capturing Palpatine though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well, that was a pretty fast turnaround. I liked all the movies and the Clone Wars, so I'm sure I'll check it out. Hopefully, it is as good as Clone Wars and not too kiddie. I wouldn't want Ahsoka as a main character, but I'd like seeing her make a few appearances.

Heroic Warrior
    I mixed feelings about this one and will wait till I see some previews, maybe actual episodes, before I will get interested.

This is great news but I still wish they'd finished The Clone Wars to its originally planned 8 seasons, that way they could have even planned a natural transition into this series.
    I really hope Ashoka is not in it at all!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    -Jar Jar. Yes, seriously. Give him some important things to do, in his inimicable style. Not a lot, but an episode or two.
    I... like this idea. I'm no Jar Jar fan, but he must be doing something during this time.

I just want to see Ahsoka vs Darth Vader, as long as Vader can't bring himself to kill her and lets her go.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    This is great news but I still wish they'd finished The Clone Wars to its originally planned 8 seasons, that way they could have even planned a natural transition into this series.
    I really hope Ashoka is not in it at all!
    8 seasons? They said Clone Wars was going to be 100 episodes, which would be around 5-6 seasons.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    8 seasons? They said Clone Wars was going to be 100 episodes, which would be around 5-6 seasons.
    That was the original, original plan, but it eventually developed to be more as the series went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That was the original, original plan, but it eventually developed to be more as the series went on.
    And then they never bothered to finish the story?

And then they never bothered to finish the story?
    Lucas sold the company to Disney as the just previous season of Clone Wars was ending and before the really got into production on the next season. They are going to make some special that will tie up some loose ends. They had the next season plotted out. We talked more about this in the Clone Wars thread here. More or less the series ended on a good spot, aside from loose threads. The show was despite what some seem to think about Ahsoka and her story was wrapped up well enough.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Snappy Threader
    Very exciting news. I can't wait....

Yeah in recent interviews with James Arnold Taylor he's been saying the cast and crew had been told the series was planned to go for eight seasons, taking us right up to EPIII.

Yeah in recent interviews with James Arnold Taylor he's been saying the cast and crew had been told the series was planned to go for eight seasons, taking us right up to EPIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Lucas sold the company to Disney as the just previous season of Clone Wars was ending and before the really got into production on the next season.
    Some interviews with cast and crew are saying season six was almost finished, which is why we are getting this 'bonus' content, most people are currently guessing it will be 3-4 story arcs.

Wanted:

I like what I'm seeing for the series, but I'm really surprised to see a Ventress/Maul style new not-really-a-Sith-but-carrying-a-red-lightsaber villain for the series. The Inquisitor looks good and evil, but what a cheat not making Darth Vader the main heavy. Maybe that's a sneaky guest star stunt for later...although I really hope they can get James Earl Jones.

Also I'm surprised the show is set 14 years after Revenge of the Sith. I guess they're saving the era of Vader hunting down the rest of the Jedi right after the Empire's birth for a different venture like one of the stand alone movies or the live action TV series. It almost guarantees we'll see a teenaged Princess Leia joining the rebellion and possibly even a young Han Solo crossing paths with the rebels of the series at some point. This might be too geeky of me but I hope we see Grand Moff Tarkin and Admiral Screed from Droids.

EDIT: Here's the video hyping the Inquisitor.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 14, 2013 at 04:15pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    This might be too geeky of me but I hope we see Grand Moff Tarkin and Admiral Screed from Droids.
    Why would it be too geeky? We already saw Tarkin in Clone Wars for a sustained story arc, so I can only assume he will be back given his dislike for Anakin who is now Vader
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Why would it be too geeky? We already saw Tarkin in Clone Wars for a sustained story arc, so I can only assume he will be back given his dislike for Anakin who is now Vader
    I meant that about wanting to see Screed actually. I'd like to see Tarkin 10000x more than Boba Fett though too.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I like what I'm seeing for the series, but I'm really surprised to see a Ventress/Maul style new not-really-a-Sith-but-carrying-a-red-lightsaber villain for the series. The Inquisitor looks good and evil, but what a cheat not making Darth Vader the main heavy. Maybe that's a sneaky guest star stunt for later...although I really hope they can get James Earl Jones.

Also I'm surprised the show is set 14 years after Revenge of the Sith. I guess they're saving the era of Vader hunting down the rest of the Jedi right after the Empire's birth for a different venture like one of the stand alone movies or the live action TV series. It almost guarantees we'll see a teenaged Princess Leia joining the rebellion and possibly even a young Han Solo crossing paths with the rebels of the series at some point. This might be too geeky of me but I hope we see Grand Moff Tarkin and Admiral Screed from Droids.
    I've always liked the The Inquisitor's way back to the WEG material, so I'm glad they are using an Inquisitor as it fits with established lore. I'd prefer them to give him a name though like Inquisitor ....., and not just call him The Inquisitor.
    Yeah his design does look reminiscent of past Sith and Dark Jedi design but I do like it

Nar I'm glad Vader is not the main villain in it as I don't want them to over use him. I'm sure he'll be in it every now and again and it will make his appearances have more impact

I'm also pretty certain we also wont see young versions of the big three in this series, maybe Laia if Bail is going to be in it but I'd still be surprised as I don't think this series (at least to start with) will be about the Rebel Alliance, maybe in later seasons it will get into the formation of the Rebel Alliance, but to start with I think this is going to be about a single group of rebels on one ship (The Ghost) before all the many groups of rebels in the galaxy come together to form the Rebel Alliance.

Just like Vader I'm pretty sure we'll see Tarkin in it now and again, and oh man I'd love it so much if Admiral Screed was in it
    I also think we'll see Boba Fett at some point and he has been over used IMO which is why I don't want the same thing to happen to Vader. Remember when Boba Fett was mysterious and cool, like before EpII came out.

Really gald to see the Imperial Troop Transporter show up, I loved that toy as a kid

Wanted:

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I've always liked the The Inquisitor's way back to the WEG material, so I'm glad they are using an Inquisitor as it fits with established lore. I'd prefer them to give him a name though like Inquisitor ....., and not just call him The Inquisitor.
    Yeah his design does look reminiscent of past Sith and Dark Jedi design but I do like it

Nar I'm glad Vader is not the main villain in it as I don't want them to over use him. I'm sure he'll be in it every now and it will make his appearances have more impact

I'm also pretty certain we also wont see young versions of the big three in this series, maybe Laia if Bail is going to be in it but I'd still be surprised as I don't think this series (at least to start with) will be about the Rebel Alliance, maybe in later seasons it will get into the formation of the Rebel Alliance, but to start with I think this is going to be about a single group of rebels on one ship (The Ghost) before all the many groups of rebels in the galaxy come together to form the Rebel Alliance.

Just like Vader I'm pretty sure we'll see Tarkin in it now and again, and oh man I'd love it so much if Admiral Screed was in it
    I also think we'll see Boba Fett at some point and he has been over used IMO which is why I don't want the same thing to happen to Vader. Remember when Boba Fett was mysterious and cool, like before EpII came out.

Really gald to see the Imperial Troop Transporter show up, I loved that toy as a kid
    I have a bad feeling about this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Nar I'm glad Vader is not the main villain in it as I don't want them to over use him. I'm sure he'll be in it every now and again and it will make his appearances have more impact

Well RE the big three, I think there's more than a good chance we'll see Leia and Han in separate venues if it's a multi-character series like Clone Wars was. Three episodes here or there might utilize them like various guest characters were featured in TCW. The only reason to hold back would be because they have other plans to use the characters at those ages in something else (young Han Solo movies that have been rumored just for an example). Luke I'd find very dull since the whole point was that he has a boring life when we met him. The Star Wars trilogy WAS his story. I guess maybe a one-shot first taste of adventure kind of thing could happen, but I don't care if they do that or not. Leia is the one I'd most want to see because her life would probably give us glimpses of the Imperial Senate, Palpatine, Tarkin, and in general life under the empire that informed her scenes in the original Star Wars. Seeing her first go the Coruscant with her father as a political icon, idealizing him and then discovering he's part of a growing rebellion to undermine the government (I assume she wouldn't be raised to simply hate the empire, but that could be their path too). I see lots of potential for her in a series set in this time, particularly at the age of 14-15. If however this new show is really focused on just the small band of rebels, maybe there wouldn't be room to do any of that with Leia that could be done better in another project. Potential is all I see for now.

Now Vader, I really don't care about over using because I think they've already crossed that line with his image in marketing. I'm well sick of evoking him, and am ready to see him in action again----and not just to scream a silly "Noooooo!" They did very very well with the villains in TCW (excepting for that southern Hut character), even put most of them I thought to better use than in the movies, so I know they'd do great with Vader.

Definitely hope we'll see Screed, not to mention the Droids (I'd be shocked if we don't see them honestly) and maybe even Jann Tosh or Mungo Baobab.

Well they said at the panel at NYCC that the series will follow a core group of main characters and not be multi-character series like Clone Wars was.
    Yeah like I said I'd love them to use any f the characters from the Droids series, especially Screed or Baobab but unfortunately I don't see it happening.
    My main concern is I don't want the crew of The Ghost to be to young, I really hope they're not a bunch of teenagers "sticking it" to the Empire.

Wanted:

Well they said at the panel at NYCC that the series will follow a core group of main characters and not be multi-character series like Clone Wars was.
    Yeah like I said I'd love them to use any f the characters from the Droids series, especially Screed or Baobab but unfortunately I don't see it happening.
    My main concern is I don't want the crew of The Ghost to be to young, I really hope they're not a bunch of teenagers "sticking it" to the Empire.
    Goonies vs the Empire is what it sounds like to me then. I'd much much MUCH rather a format more like TCW. That or just go back to Droids, which would be fun. I'll try to be optimistic, but this does make me think of the team of astromechs and the frog alien arc from this last season only endless. Ugh if it's like that. I'll bet they'll still work in guest shots for Han or Leia if push comes to shove though.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 20, 2013 at 05:24pm.