Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X-men - Days of Future Past

X-men - Days of Future Past

Have you guys seen the trailer yet?

I've watched it like 10 times in the last 24 hours and can't get enough of it. This movie looks like it has the potential to be the most epic Marvel-movie ever made.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Now if the movie can just live up to the trailer.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    It was good, but that Captain America: TWS trailer might have been the best trailer I have ever seen.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Not going to lie - I am really looking forward to Marvel's whole lineup next year (FOUR!) I'm really excited to see the X-Men back on screen, and that trailer looks great.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The trailer looks rather good! I wonder if they will explain how Professor X is back in it.

spoiler for those who haven't seen the 3rd film:

In the 3rd movie he dies, when Jean Grey turns to Dark Pheonix and basically turns him to dust. There is a little bonus at the end of the credits where he apparently was able to transfer his consciousness to some kind of "conciousless" living body that was introduced earlier in the film, but that would still leave questions about how he would be an old man again (since I believe the body was younger) and still look exactly the same.

At any rate, the trailer is looking good. Hopefully it will be able to get close to X2 territory, which was the best X-Men related film to date (though I have yet to see The Wolverine).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Trailer looks great. Also, BISHOP!!!

I don't think it will be linked to the 3rd movie. It would be an alternate Future from the Trilogy.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It is linked to the third movie. I read somewhere they'll address the question of Xavier's return, and presumably the return of Rogue/Magneto's powers. It's picking up after The Wolverine, which also acknowledges events from the end of Last Stand.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Wow. That trailer has me hooked! Really looking forward to see XM: DoFP! Storm (HB) looks better and better with every XM film. They talk about Morgan Freeman having a golden voice, i'd put Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen in that bracket too.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Normally, I hate the idea of time travel movies where time is altered (Back to the Future) and prefer the idea that time remains constant no matter what happens (12 Monkeys). But I hate X3 so much I welcome the idea of Days of Future Past totally erasing that awful monstrosity out of existence. I have high hopes for this one. I hope I'm not disappointing.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

That movie does look like it is going to beat First Class as the best X-Men movie, in fact it looks like it is going to be even more awesomer then the Captain America: Winter Soldier movie looks.

Of course the trailer is helped by the fact it uses the great tune "Adagio in D Minor by John Murphy (originally from the excellent must see film Sunshine)

can't wait for this one.

Oh and here is the full tune for anyone who hasn't heard it

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    It is linked to the third movie. I read somewhere they'll address the question of Xavier's return, and presumably the return of Rogue/Magneto's powers. It's picking up after The Wolverine, which also acknowledges events from the end of Last Stand.
    Would have made it simpler if it was just a Alternate Timeline. But whatever... hopefully it will be a believable explanation.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

WOW!!! It looks GREAT! Can't wait to see it!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I'm dying to see it. Looks great! What worries me is not only how big the cast is, but how BIG some of the cast members are. Will they have to juggle the amount of time and spoken lines these actors have? Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Sir Patrick, Sir Ian, Sir Hugh, Dinklage, and how many other actors who have since exploded in popularity since first appearing in these movies? I realize some were well established before, but I'm really worried that they'll stuff everyone in just to get them in.
    Regardless, it looks amazing. I have full faith that this will kick lots of stuff that can be kicked!
    But I just read that Quicksilver, while in this and the new Avengers movie, will be played by different actors. Why can't they just let the two combine?
    Anyway, when it really comes down to it, it's a movie. Entertainment. And I have no doubt that I will, in fact, be entertained by the end of it.

looks great.. looking forward to see it
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I wish the rights to X-Men would just revert back to Marvel/Disney already.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Looks awesome to me, but apparently Anna Paquin, who had filmed some Rogue scenes has been cut from the film.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...id=rr-mov-news

All I can say is the the bluray edition had better be an Extended version with the scene put back in. I really hate the old time-constraints baloney, for unless the movie is over three hours long, most people would prefer to see a complete film.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Thrilled that Paquin got cut as Singer ruined that character in the first two films and by the third there was noting decent that could be done with the character. That was not Rogue on any level so I'm pretty glad I don't have to sit through anymore scenes with her in them in an X-Movie.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : The Twiggets

I try to stick to just watching trailers and then the finished movie and not to follow the news scoops. Most of the time those just get me riled up for no good. Like the pictures from the Amazing Spider-man set where the new costume looked worrying. So I try not to care about Roque not making it to the movie.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I'm looking forward to it, but frankly, I've never liked Singer. He's short on action and long on dialogue. I'll never forget how he said before X 1 came out, that it wasn't an action movie. Boy was he right. It's hard to watch that film without the fast forward button at the ready. While I enjoy elements of all the X films, none of them live up to the cartoon/comics. Singer ruined Rogue for one, and I've never forgiven him for it. He also gave Cyclops the shaft with too little to do. Personally, I always preferred the Professor as more of a background character. He always has to be knocked out in every movie so he doesn't interfere with the action too much. Not to mention that I'm sick of the X-Men fighting with Magneto. I'd much rather see Minister Sinister or Omega Red. That's why I'm excited about X-Men Apocalypse.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish the rights would go back to marvel along with every other marvel property that is not with them.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Third and final trailer is up and it's looking AWESOME!

http://screenrant.com/final-x-men-da...-past-trailer/
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Third and final trailer is up and it's looking AWESOME!

http://screenrant.com/final-x-men-da...-past-trailer/
    so I guess part three has never happened if Picard is alive?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Spoiler warning that actually involves both this movie and another movie coming out this summer. Read at your own risk:

Apparently there will be a post credits teaser at the end of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for X-Men Days of Future Past. I have linked two articles below discussing this.

There won't actually be anything specifically "connecting" the two movies together in the same way that the "Marvel/Avengers Universe" related movies are connected. But this is the first step in these different studios that have the rights to different Marvel franchises (Sony in the case of Spider-Man, and Fox in the case of X-Men) working/cooperating with each other.

Hopefully this means that we are gradually heading towards a situation where all of these characters can cross over, even if I'm not a fan of "The Amazing Spider-Man" thus far (The first movie was kind of 'meh' to me, and honestly I'm not exactly getting the warm and fuzzies over the sequel..... I am looking forward to X-Men DOFP, though).

If ever they actually manage a major crossover where Spider-Man and Wolverine end up on screen with The Avengers, for example, it would be interesting to see if they'll find some way to address the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch paradox between X-Men and Avengers.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/x-m...-spider-man-2/

http://news.moviefone.com/2014/04/16...r-man-2-x-men/

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"