Thread: ASUS PC with windows Vista randomly freezes.

ASUS PC with windows Vista randomly freezes.

ASUS PC with windows Vista randomly freezes as random intervals. Usually while I am using google chrome. (the only browser I have) When it freezes the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive and a hard reboot is the only thing that will fix it. I've updated my graphics driver and ran a full virus/spyware scan using Microsoft security and super anti-spyware. Both programs I have been using for years without issue.

I'm not sure what else to do? I've read about similar experiences via a google search, but most of the advice given doesn't seem to apply to me. Does anyone have experience with something like this or have any advice?

I would run memtest to make sure your ram is still good. http://www.memtest86.com/
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

As the above said, and I suppose make sure your CPU is still working right, and test your power supply to make sure it's not overheating. Check/replace any case cooling fans, if they're old they may not be running efficiently and if the PC is heating up too much it will cause issues.

Beyond that... try another browser and see if those have the same issue? And I guess the obvious answer most will tell you- "replace Vista because Vista was garbage." Did you run any recent Windows Updates? Any of those could be causing a software conflict- I had a W7 update conflict horribly with graphics drivers once and it'd randomly freeze up/BSOD the computer.

Another physical issue, have you dusted it out recently? Also memory could need need a reseating.

I have also learned sometimes with browsers some patches need a fresh install specifically for you so an uninstall then a fresh install could fix her up also.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Thanks everyone for the feedback – the issues continues, that it is different now. The computer was freezing at start up. Now it isn't. Now it freezes if I click to add a file on facebook. When I choose the file and select open...the computer freezes and only a reboot will make it move again. I'm going to try downloading Firefox and see if Chrome is causing the issue.

Memtest came back good.

It's not the power supply or fan as both were upgrade in the past 6 months and the computer is freezing at certain particular points.

It has been dusted fairly recently.

I have not tried re-seating the memory yet. I will give that a go if Firefox does not clear up the issue.

I have updated windows and graphic drivers to their most recent versions available.
    Last edited by davidlogan; June 20, 2015 at 02:32pm.

I really think that the CPU are too old to run the laptop, my usually and expected lifespan for my Laptop is 3 years, if it's do more than that? I will feel and look surprise.

How old is your Laptop anyway, after I heard it's run on Vista it's time for a replacement.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO