Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Nintendo Toys

World of Nintendo Toys

Today, I saw this cool 20" Mario at Toys R Us.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    And what a great price! Thats how much Matty charges for their figures!

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    And what a great price! Thats how much Matty charges for their figures!
    with shipping no less.. matty really rips you off...
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Except Matty figures are actually worth the price.

I have yet to see a single one of these Nintendo Jakks toys at Walmart and I'm not interested enough in any of them to pay more than base retail, and they're always at scalper markup prices online.

They are found in K-mart, Target and Toys-R-us, I don't think Wal-mart is carrying the line for some reason.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'm really excited about this line. I hope that we finally get articulated figures of Peach and Daisy. The Mario, Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Wario figures have all been fantastic! It's cool that we are building a collection of these characters. Link although small, is also a great figure.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    These figures are totally awesome!

They are by no means as good as the S.F. Figuarts versions, but they are fantastic for the price. (And the Bowser figure is incredible!!)

I got that 20 inch Mario from TRU.com a while back for 20 Bucks, and I must say, he is really cool. Definitely spruces up the ol' game room!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

In the non motue score thread Bonehead posted this list of upcoming waves

4" Wave 2: Diddy Kong, Lugi, Toad, Samus

4" Wave 3: Goomba, Peach, Fire Flower Mario, Fox McCloud

4" Wave 4: Fire Lugi, Shy Guy, Samus Gravity Suit, WW Link

6" : WW Ganondorf, Piranha Pant, Yoshi, Skull Kid, Metal Bowser, Bone Bowser, Samus

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Did anyone else happen to catch the interview on the Fwoosh today? Looks like Scott taking over means more direct interactions with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    In the non motue score thread Bonehead posted this list of upcoming waves

4" Wave 2: Diddy Kong, Lugi, Toad, Samus

4" Wave 3: Goomba, Peach, Fire Flower Mario, Fox McCloud

4" Wave 4: Fire Lugi, Shy Guy, Samus Gravity Suit, WW Link

6" : WW Ganondorf, Piranha Pant, Yoshi, Skull Kid, Metal Bowser, Bone Bowser, Samus

A store posted these pics on their website a few weeks back.

Looks like there's going to be plenty of Nintendo love throughout 2015!

Lookin' good!

Thanks, Fwoosh, for the pics!

WHOO! Samus!! A normal, joe-sized toy of Samus. The day is finally here. Now all I gotta do is go back in time and give it to my younger self, 'cause DANG MAN, he was waiting for that.

Seriously though: Very much looking forward to this and the other items. I kinda wish they had made some normal Metroids first, but the giant Baby Metroid is important, so it's cool to be getting that. Everything just looks fantastic, and I hope they branch out to other famous enemies, because I'm FROTHING AT THE MOUTH for a Ridley. It's dangerous. I'm ready to bite someone.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I popped into Target this morning after running some errands, and they have the WoN 2.5in. figures there for $2.98.

So I grabbed Donkey, Diddy, Fire Mario, and Ice Luigi. I never realized that these guys are poseable too! And the sculpts look freakin' fantastic for 3 bucks!

Now I have to track down a Toon Link and Ganondorf!!!

- - - Updated - - -

*UPDATE*

Big Bad Toy Store has the next series of figures up for presale!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=631&category=10421

I will get Luigi for sure, will wait to see if I can find a 6 inch Samus or just got with the 4 inch version. I haven't seen any of the six inch figures yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Big Bad Toy Store has the next series of figures up for presale!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/m...category=10421
    Too bad they don't have singles for sale of Diddy and the Metroid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Too bad they don't have singles for sale of Diddy and the Metroid.
    Yeah! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this... BBTS has a habit of doing this though, sometimes (when buying from them) the only way to secure certain figures is to buy an entire set.

Of course, I have no idea how hard these figures are going to be to find, so a pre-order may not even be necessary... after the first couple of shipments, series 1-1 was easy as pie to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this... BBTS has a habit of doing this though, sometimes (when buying from them) the only way to secure certain figures is to buy an entire set.

Of course, I have no idea how hard these figures are going to be to find, so a pre-order may not even be necessary... after the first couple of shipments, series 1-1 was easy as pie to complete.
    I understand why they do it but honestly, these figures aren't that hard to find.

The problem I have is that Luigi and Samus are complete wastes to me. Why would I buy Luigi when the vastly superior SH is out? As far as Samus goes, I already own the Figma. If she's anywhere near as good as Link was in wave 1....she'll be nothing but wasted plastic. That Link figure was McDonald's Happy Meal quality and I see the same thing with Samus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I understand why they do it but honestly, these figures aren't that hard to find.

The problem I have is that Luigi and Samus are complete wastes to me. Why would I buy Luigi when the vastly superior SH is out? As far as Samus goes, I already own the Figma. If she's anywhere near as good as Link was in wave 1....she'll be nothing but wasted plastic. That Link figure was McDonald's Happy Meal quality and I see the same thing with Samus.
    I don't know what McDonald's you're eating at, but please let me know. Their Link figure is nowhere near Figma (which I do own), but I think for $8 or so it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I don't know what McDonald's you're eating at, but please let me know. Their Link figure is nowhere near Figma (which I do own), but I think for $8 or so it's worth it.
    HA, yeah man! I want to get toys at THAT McDonalds, 'cause that little Link is awesome for the price. Really a great little figure.

Seriously, Bonehead, check 'em out! Not that he's a replacement for the Figma version, but for a cheaper version, he's dang fine and far and away from a McDonald's toy.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    HA, yeah man! I want to get toys at THAT McDonalds, 'cause that little Link is awesome for the price. Really a great little figure.

Seriously, Bonehead, check 'em out! Not that he's a replacement for the Figma version, but for a cheaper version, he's dang fine and far and away from a McDonald's toy.
    No need to "check him out." I own it. It was the worst figure I bought last year. The figure isn't worth $8. Sorry.

I am a very big Metroid fan, so when I saw the words Samus and Gravity Suit Samus I nearly crapped myself, but after seeing images, and since I have the Figma Samus, she's gonna be an easy pass.

I almost called Samus "he" just to prod you guys, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I love this series!

I've been reviewing them on my blog and didn't realize so many other people dig them too!

I've reviewed:
    Bowser

Mario

Yoshi

and Wario

I should be reviewing Donkey Kong tomorrow and Link on Friday and yes, Link is definitely an awesome figure. I mean, he's an $8 figure with more accessories and articulation than many 6-7 inch figures and an awesome sculpt. His joints are loose in some places, but he's really pretty smegging cool.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

So Pixel Dan's walkthrough with Scott at toyfare revealed a Metroid toy. As a huge Metroid fan, I'm stoked, but also excited for the potential for more figures from the series, like Ridley, Mather Brain a dozen other bounty hunters. So exciting.

I took the spoiler tags out since the Metroid is right there in the thumbnail.

Last edited by nicholighkun; February 15, 2015 at 01:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    So Pixel Dan's walkthrough with Scott at toyfare revealed a Metroid toy. As a huge Metroid fan, I'm stoked, but also excited for the potential for more figures from the series, like Ridley, Mather Brain a dozen other bounty hunters. So exciting.

I took the spoiler tags out since the Metroid is right there in the thumbnail.
    Yay!! Olimar! I want one of those right now!!

And I am a sucker for these giant-sized figures too! Especially when they're GOLD!