Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: X-Box One

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I already preordered a PS4 from Amazon, though there's a good chance that I'll cancel it later. I have a Sony rewards credit card that I'm saving points up on, and I plan to see if I can get it for a good discount, if not for free

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Battlefront 3, that is all!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Upgradable HDD and no region locking on PS4 as well.

I am glad to hear that. Looks like they learned a lot for the past few years! while Microsoft just greedy enough to steal everything in sight.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

despite having an internet connection, something Don Merrick recently said has made me decide against the Xbox One simply due to his poor attitude

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360." - "“If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device.”"
    Which is an almost polite way of saying "If you can't get online well sucks to be you"

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/1...says-microsoft
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    despite having an internet connection, something Don Merrick recently said has made me decide against the Xbox One simply due to his poor attitude

Which is an almost polite way of saying "If you can't get online well sucks to be you"

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/1...says-microsoft
    Yeah, I saw that comment too. That's a pretty rough way to handle things

This definitely aiming for Higher middle class family who have stable internet, stable income and stuff. Hey, since this is Microsoft that's their demographic.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Upgradable HDD and no region locking on PS4 as well.
    Does this mean you can play blu-rays from other regions on it?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Does this mean you can play blu-rays from other regions on it?
    I believe it is going to be the same as the PS3 in that the games themselves are region free but dvds an blu-rays are still region locked.

Ah, that's no fun.

saw this and it made me laugh

Master of New Adventures!
    I just don't get it.

Look, I'm a dad that loves his kids and they deserve it -- they work hard in school, pull great grades, do their chores around the house and are respectful of themselves and others. But there's a limit to how far I'll go to indulge them. With a starting price of $499 -- yeah, I learned that the price of the platform was just the start when I bought Alex xBox 360 -- there's no way I'm going to shell out those kinds of bucks. I know I'm a dinosaur when I say I was happy with a yo-yo and a Slinky when I was a kid. But I think things have just gotten carried away. For adult gamers that want to splurge on this, I say "Go for it." But for parents that are already shouldering the huge costs of raising children, I just think this goes over the line and shows that these guys have little concern for for what parents go through. And yes, I get that I can just say no. But parents do find themselves pressured because other kids have something and theirs do not. I also get that business is business, but that doesn't mean business always has to seek out more and more expensive ways of separating parents from their hard-earned bucks.

Am I out of line thinking like this?

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-499-p...154030866.html

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I just don't get it.

Look, I'm a dad that loves his kids and they deserve it -- they work hard in school, pull great grades, do their chores around the house and are respectful of themselves and others. But there's a limit to how far I'll go to indulge them. With a starting price of $499 -- yeah, I learned that the price of the platform was just the start when I bought Alex xBox 360 -- there's no way I'm going to shell out those kinds of bucks. I know I'm a dinosaur when I say I was happy with a yo-yo and a Slinky when I was a kid. But I think things have just gotten carried away. For adult gamers that want to splurge on this, I say "Go for it." But for parents that are already shouldering the huge costs of raising children, I just think this goes over the line and shows that these guys have little concern for for what parents go through. And yes, I get that I can just say no. But parents do find themselves pressured because other kids have something and theirs do not. I also get that business is business, but that doesn't mean business always has to seek out more and more expensive ways of separating parents from their hard-earned bucks.

I definitely feel like it must be hard to be a parent in this day and age. How do you keep your kids active? I used to walk long distances to the mall to visit the arcade. I got my exercise for the day as well as my gaming fix
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I just don't get it.

Mattrick (sp?) would just tell you to stick with 360 (aka display an appendage)

Even Cracked is getting in on this though

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things...-about-gamers/

Honestly I think most in your predicament, being married with kids, and responsibilities will go to PS4 or Wii U or PC.
    I actually think most people will do that. Between the high price, the fact that you can't trade games in without publisher
    approval, and even then only at select retailers, the once every 24 hour internet check ins a lot will skip this.
    Then you have the concerns over Kinect 2.0's ability to decipher expressions, heart rate, temp, that it sees/hears everything
    when it's on. With all of these NSA scandals in the news a lot of folks have 1984 proportioned worries.
    Oh, and it will only work in 21 countries at launch. JAPAN ISN'T ONE OF THEM!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Titanfall looks awesome, some look forward to Killer Instinct, and Halo 5 but with all of these problems I don't think they'll
    save it. I fully expect all of the gadget addicts to fill the preorders, but after launch I don't see this doing well at all.
    Even if NONE of those things were to upset you, and you wanted it anyway, consider the space Kinect 2.0 is going to require
    to work properly even after the tweaks they made.

I'm staying on PC. Really wanted to like the XB1 but there's no way I'm buying it. PS4 I'm not interested in the exclusives, and the
    multiplats are hitting PC anyway. But at some point I may nab it if exclusives hit I might like. I'll get a Wii U eventually because
    I do love me some Super Smash Bros.. Wonderful 101, and Bayonetta 2 look like must plays.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

It seems the people do still have a voice:

http://news.yahoo.com/microsoft-xbox...204824307.html

yep, definitely saw this coming, i'm glad because the xbox one excites me more than the ps4 (hell so does the wii u)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

while that is awesome news Mattrick's past comments about ppl sticking to 360's if they don't have internet has still put me off buying their latest console.

Enough people said they weren't going to buy the console at all, so they backed off. Between my PC, my WII U, and the games I still have to play through on the Ps3 (ps2 for that matter) the Wii U might be the last console I buy for the foreseeable future. I just don't have time to play through games like I used to. That and been having issue with how some of the games have gone lately. Final Fantasy has become way too focused on story where you read story for hours and not actually play the game. The new game does seem to be a few step forwards gameplay wise, but I still typically had more fun with turn based versions of the game.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

How about getting a bunch of guys together on Saturday for a real game of basketball on a real playground court? Cheaper, more laughs and good for the body as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Enough people said they weren't going to buy the console at all, so they backed off. Between my PC, my WII U, and the games I still have to play through on the Ps3 (ps2 for that matter) the Wii U might be the last console I buy for the foreseeable future. I just don't have time to play through games like I used to. That and been having issue with how some of the games have gone lately. Final Fantasy has become way too focused on story where you read story for hours and not actually play the game. The new game does seem to be a few step forwards gameplay wise, but I still typically had more fun with turn based versions of the game.

Is he trying to troll us?

First, they made an announcement regarding how "this" DRM system work on the latest generation.

And now they're taking it back by making this statement.

Since it's Microsoft product, I feel they might write this on the box or template but once you open and start up the console, you have to put it on standby and there will be charges on used game.

I am not surprise if they implant Always online DRM on the launch day.

How about getting a bunch of guys together on Saturday for a real game of basketball on a real playground court? Cheaper, more laughs and good for the body as well.
    Up through college I would actually get together with friends from the neighborhood or around town and a few times a week would play whatever sport game we wanted for 4 or 5 hours at a time.

My current job though I am on my feet for 8 hours a day so, sitting feels really good at the end of the day or on my days 'off'. Days off being with the church were we have planned in game event nights every other month, playing it every night was just causing problems. I was also riding my bike every day last year before taking this job. Right working on getting some reading in each night.

games to me were important but more just relaxation time for me, when I didn't have a book to read.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

leave the house and do actual exercise

I know the feeling, Wyldman. Life has a way of overtaking us, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Up through college I would actually get together with friends from the neighborhood or around town and a few times a week would play whatever sport game we wanted for 4 or 5 hours at a time.

My current job though I am on my feet for 8 hours a day so, sitting feels really good at the end of the day or on my days 'off'. Days off being with the church were we have planned in game event nights every other month, playing it every night was just causing problems. I was also riding my bike every day last year before taking this job. Right working on getting some reading in each night.

games to me were important but more just relaxation time for me, when I didn't have a book to read.

LOL. Just watch out for insects. I got stung by something last week when I was sitting on the park bench. Arm swelled up, had to go to the hospital for anti-biotics.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    LOL. Just watch out for insects. I got stung by something last week when I was sitting on the park bench. Arm swelled up, had to go to the hospital for anti-biotics.
    yes but more importanly...what about the poor insect? Was it okay after such a harrowing experience?

Poor little thing