Thread: Karatti Sold OUT!

Karatti Sold OUT!

Well, kind of. Can't have a figure sit there for a week now can we.

Mods: I tried to find a better place to put this post but couldn't. If you can, by all means move it to a nicer home.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post

Mods: I tried to find a better place to put this post but couldn't. If you can, by all means move it to a nicer home.
    On the 6th day? Ouch. I'll bet that's the last DOS figure we see do that thanks to the sub-lites.

I just sent back my defective Karatti today. I better get him replaced and not refunded. I am glad i opened him first though because if not I'd have a carded figure that was defective and never known. On the bright side Karatti is one if the best MOTUC figures to date and I have made him Cy-Chop's partner. They are a feared bounty hunting duo.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    On the 6th day?
    And on the seventh day Karatti rested.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

For a very unknown character not to bad.

And yes, he isnīt the most favorite character but as a figure he looks awesome. The sculpt is great and is a total update from his vintage toy.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I just got mine in the mail an hour ago and he's really fun.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Remember back when we accused Mattel of intentionally ending sales just so figures wouldn't look like failures and they completely denied it only to offer "leftover customer service stock" to purchase again later on?
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'm sure Karatti had limited stock to begin with. It's a shame he hasn't gotten more love, he's a really cool looking figure. And this is coming from someone with a heartfelt loathing of NA. Thanks to the Four Horsemen, I can now like some of the NA concepts.

Woo-hoo! LOVE this figure. Sad to see him get so much hate. Glad he sold out, though! As skewed as the "sell out" might be.

I'm still waiting for mine. It's amazing how long it takes Matty/DR to ship. I am hoping to like him.

I would not be surprised to see him show up again. 6 days is almost a week, which sounds like time to take him down to avoid embarrassment. I think part of the reason he didn't sell quickly is that he's NA, but also that just about everyone who was willing to buy the FFM and Karratti signed up for a sub. Expensive May was the biggest obstacle for a lot of people to subbing. Those who were willing to pay for this month are likely to be a lot less conflicted about the rest of 2013. There can't have been many people looking to pick up DOS figures for this month.

Snappy Threader
    A really fun and cool character. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

Glad to see him "sell out" . As others are saying, implying, or crying from the rafters, him being pulled from the sales page doesn't necessarily imply that he's truly gone, but at least he appears gone and that's all that matters right now.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

This was expected. Not at all a surprise. Look for him in early access in the months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    A really fun and cool character. I'm surprised he lasted this long.
    I Agree. He is so different than most of the other looks we have gotten and his head and armor are very well done.

I am surprised he lasted this long, I am sure Mattel reduced the amount of figures produced for him too...and he is doing terrible on Ebay for sub holders trying to get rid of him. He will definately move at a loss, hopefully not a huge one. I also see Slushhead is still there, and may be for a while.

Thankfully only one more NA figure to get though, and he shouldn't be too much of a loss to sell.
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; May 20, 2013 at 08:15pm.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I am surprised he lasted this long, I am sure Mattel reduced the amount of figures produced for him too...and he is doing terrible on Ebay for sub holders trying to get rid of him. He will definately move at a loss, hopefully not a huge one. I also see Slushhead is still there, and may be for a while.

Thankfully only one more NA figure to get though, and he shouldn't be too much of a loss to sell.
    I'll set off a firecracker in him before I sell him at a loss. Or better yet, just keep him in his mailer tucked away somewhere I don't have to look at him. I ended up keeping Netossa because I knew I would not be able to sell her without a loss, or for a while, I ended up displaying her, but Karatti....yeah, no thanks, I'll just keep him out of sight if he doesn't sell.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I think he's an awesome figure. Even if it was a fake sell-out or whatever, I don't care as long as they keep making NA figures.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think he's an awesome figure. Even if it was a fake sell-out or whatever, I don't care as long as they keep making NA figures.
    Totally agree. If this line was just remakes of vintage MOTUC figures without other eras I wouldn't enjoy it half as much.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Slush Head's gone now too.

My May figures came today. I LOVE the FFM. Karatti is a good figure, but not a great figure. Most of his problems are not the 4H's fault. It's his weird design. BUT They are to blame for his weird abs and the fact that a character known for his karate chop doesn't have a karate chop hand, but instead two awkward weapons. From a design perspective, he's the worse MOTUC figure I own, but he's not a bad figure. He's just not a great figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    Slush Head's gone now too.
    I bought a Slush-Head this week. No, not on Matty. I got him on Ebay, $24 delivered.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well said.

It saddens me how much flak NA has to take. The designs in New Adventures make for some of the most inventive and cool fantasy characters around. They fit in perfectly with "the rest of the crowd" as the 4H have proven (four times over!) and in some instances, they surpass some of the vintage designs.

Karatti is a perfect example of an often over-looked character getting the treatment he deserves. Now I can't wait for the 4H's take on the other GP's and Space Mutants!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    There are plenty of NA characters I'd love to see, it just happens that he is probably the last I care to own. He's really cool-- as are the FFM. But there are A LOT of cool,
    expensive toys out there right now. It's not so much "these guys suck," but "what OTHER awesome stuff could I have bought with that $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    There are plenty of NA characters I'd love to see, it just happens that he is probably the last I care to own. He's really cool-- as are the FFM. But there are A LOT of cool,
    expensive toys out there right now. It's not so much "these guys suck," but "what OTHER awesome stuff could I have bought with that $100.
    Yeah like the new Metroplex that's coming out, not to mention the 280Z triplets, and the potential (Oh My God, I have to have it if it's true) Mirage MP....he's like my favorite Vintage Transformer, even over Prime. I like only 2 of the 3 FFM, and can't stand Karatti....so, half of this months figures, I don't like....so yeah, money I could have spent better on something else. Plus on top of that, I'll never recoup my money from Karatti....which is why I ended up Keeping Netossa, but at least I somewhat liked her before deciding to keep her....Karatti....nope, don't like him, never will.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!