Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Club Eternia 2014

Heroic Warrior
    I'm thinking the same, every day!

Just bought two for myself. Don't need to know the who, just that more MOTU goodness keeps coming!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior
    The sub would be more "attractive" for many customers, if Mattel choose to go sub only and no more day of sales. The limitation of the figures would create a higher demand and many cherry pickers would choose to buy a sub instead of chasing a figure for 100% more $$$... It wouldn't make sense for the Horde Troopers, because of their army builder potential, but for figures like Two Bad, Tung Lashor or Modulok.

The only ones, who don't need a sub are cherry pickers, who only need 3-4 figures for completing their collection.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The sub would be more "attractive" for many customers, if Mattel choose to go sub only and no more day of sales. The limitation of the figures would create a higher demand and many cherry pickers would choose to buy a sub instead of chasing a figure for 100% more $$$... It wouldn't make sense for the Horde Troopers, because of their army builder potential, but for figures like Two Bad, Tung Lashor or Modulok.

The only ones, who don't need a sub are cherry pickers, who only need 3-4 figures for completing their collection.
    I'd imagine that sub only would prompt more secondary market (BBTS, etc.) sales, as well.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I think we got another update, furry boot cuffs.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Agreed. We are just past the boots.

Hopefully before SDCC we get one more boost to get us going.

Let's do this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    Agreed. We are just past the boots.

Hopefully before SDCC we get one more boost to get us going.

Let's do this!!!
    I'm sure most are waiting on SDCC reveals, and to that end I have a feeling what's shown is going to make people poop.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I'm waiting for SDCC as well, though I'll be subbing no matter what!

Technically I only want and need (existing Vintage) Two-Bad & Dragstor.... But I plan to sub again, after SDCC, just because I love MOTUC, I may not love every figure, but I find I like more than I don't....especially those since 2012....I picked almost 95% of the 2012 figures....I left Mosquitor (although I plan to pick him up at some point), Star Sisters (so glad I didn't get stuck with those), SLL, Spector, Cy-Chop (these weren't main sub anyway), Slush Head, Snake Men (but someday I'll get them too), Dekker & Procrustus....

I even bought Shadow Weaver (although sadly I had to sell her), Granamyr, Draego-Man, Grayskullman & TOD Sorceress.....so I decided to sub in 2013....which so far aside from Karatti, NA He-Man & Geldor I want and plan to keep the rest. I could have opted to pick again from 2013, but honestly, I like since February 2012 I've liked more than I didn't, so I figured I'd save myself a headache every month, and sub. Plus $27 a figure each month was more than I wanted to pay to pick almost every figure again....$25 was better and my cap for every month buying, so I subbed. It was either that or be selective and buy DOS, or from BBTS, I opted to do what got me the most MOTUC....

But I know some pickers will not go over to the sub, not even if it was the only way to get their last few figures....they'd be happy spending $50 a figure at BBTS for 3 or 4 figures next year. But maybe they have to be selective, lower funds, no room, or just no desire for other figures than their nostalgia allows....whatever, that is their preference, no one can say they are wrong....

I started the line with the sole intention to get only my Vintage figures and the ever illusive as a kid Faker (always wanted him, could never get him), then I bought my first POP, and that was the end of that way of thinking....I loved the figures, and I ended up buying much more than my used to haves.

But technically I could walk away from MOTUC after my 2 last figures....but since I have so many already, I'll likely buy, unless finances dictate otherwise, until the last figure comes out now. I still need a few to fill in holes....Mosquitor, Whiplash....etc....but they'll come, I have too many new Transformers I want now, and damn expensive ones at that....to worry about my fill ins....if nothing else, when the line is done, and the figures are cheaper, then I'll fill in the holes, if not....then whatever.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

If most of the cherry pickers sub then who do resellers sell to,cause the ones that want most have subbed and the ones that want 3 or 4 to complete a collection will cause prices to crash b/c there will be unlimited amounts of those figures being sold.And what about the Horde Troopers army building potential,how much subs are you going to have to buy to army build,with no DoS that means there will be even more figures being sold on the second market for those that bought extra subs just for more Horde Troopers.

I'm a little confused with the preauthorization hold for quarterly customers (sorry if covered already). I want to purchase two subs which total $303.99 w/standard ground shipping...How much of that am I actually being charged now, and how much of that is going to be in a hold - and for how long?

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    I'm a little confused with the preauthorization hold for quarterly customers (sorry if covered already). I want to purchase two subs which total $303.99 w/standard ground shipping...How much of that am I actually being charged now, and how much of that is going to be in a hold - and for how long?
    Only $50 should be charged now (for the two $25 "subscription fees"), and the rest will drop off. I'm not sure how long it will take, at the most it will be a few days.