Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Eternia 2014

Sounds good to me. I'm in as soon as it goes on sale! It's all MotU to me, no matter what faction or era the figure is from! Bring it all on!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Yeah, even though I know I will subscribe (barring some strange personal catastrophe knockonwood) I will probably wait till SDCC. I don't feel like things ever go right when you jump right on something with Matty. It pays to hang back a little.
    Agreed. There's really no need to "jump the gun" and sub right away. It's not like Mattel is going to ship out orders in the same order the subs were purchased.

I'm 100% I'll be subbing but I'll still be waiting till after the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I can't believe no one is upset that the FILMation sub is apparently one-and-done.
    Who said it was ??

You're assuming a lot just cause there is no mention of it in the press release. For all we know it could be a "surprise" at SDCC that Mattel doesn't want to announce now.

Glad to see them starting to be a bit more pro-active with this. Really think next year will be a great one for MOTUC
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Great news. Since there will be no more three packs hopefully all the negativity will be down this year.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Glad the window is open longer this time around, though i'm curious as to whether Mattel will divulge more details about numbers for 2014. Normally they announce all this during SDCC but with the window open a month prior I can't help but think it might slightly put some ppl off from subbing from the get-go. At this point in time, I think i'll wait till SDCC.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Who said it was ??

You're assuming a lot just cause there is no mention of it in the press release. For all we know it could be a "surprise" at SDCC that Mattel doesn't want to announce now.
    I'm not assuming anything.

I believe the idea for opening these subs earlier was fan-generated. I want to say I heard it on a gooble episode, can anyone confirm that recollection for me?

Does opening it any sooner even make that much of a difference considering that most people are going to wait until the reveals so that they actually know "some thing" any way?

With that in mind the closing date is more or less the exact same so I'm not really sure that I see the point here.

If you can't make up your mind within around a months time of the reveals you probably shouldn't be getting yourself involved in this to begin with.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Did Mattel ever tell us 'how big or small' the 2014 line-up was going to be? I take it this subscription will have as much as 2013, with quarterly items?
    That info will be available on June 17th Tallstar, We will all know how many figures and if any are oversized and or bonus. We just won't know any names, or if they are male or female untill SDCC.

I'll be ordering mine right away. No need to wait since I plan to order anyway.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Hmmm... I'm guessing this means no club FILMation in 2014?
    Why would you say that? Club Filmation wasn't announced untill New York toy Fair in February in 2013.

Mattel has untill February 2014 to offer another Filmation add on sub to us.

This was definitely fan generated. I remember this being asked during one of the RGDs with Scott maybe during the big sub push of last year. He seemed surprised that fans were willing to sub without really knowing what would be included but was open to the idea... Count me in for another 2
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yeah, even though I know I will subscribe (barring some strange personal catastrophe knockonwood) I will probably wait till SDCC. I don't feel like things ever go right when you jump right on something with Matty. It pays to hang back a little.
    Agreed. I will be buying two subs anyway just because I think they are going Subscription Only, but want to hold off till I see the Mattypalooza Fan Panel.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the idea for opening these subs earlier was fan-generated. I want to say I heard it on a gooble episode, can anyone confirm that recollection for me?
    Yes it was asked on RG and many times over on Ask Matty

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    This was definitely fan generated. I remember this being asked during one of the RGDs with Scott maybe during the big sub push of last year. He seemed surprised that fans were willing to sub without really knowing what would be included but was open to the idea... Count me in for another 2
    Agreed! This has always been a big complaint- "Why would I sub to something without knowing every single figure...ect" A lot of us don't care however so it is nice that it's opened up before
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I can't believe no one is upset that the FILMation sub is apparently one-and-done.
    We didn't know last year there would be another add on sub, they said there wouldn't be after the 30th....Bam, Filmation....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Well, the good news is that for those who are a tad insecure due to costs, now they get an idea of the sub costs earlier... (and prepare for it.)
    The possible bad news is that many will wait for SDCC to subscribe.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Since Mattel always has issues around New Years, why not extend the sale a month later and not release a January figure? It's not like the haven't ever had months with no figures, why not just make it January?

J

I'll be getting 2 subs. But will wait until the reveals are shown.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'm really glad they're doing this. It can't hurt to give people an extra month. Hope it helps maximize sub sales.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

It looks like Mattel is trying to see how many people will sub no-matter-what vs. people how decide after the reveals. It's an important stat if they shoot for 2015-16 with no more core characters left. They need to start designing & sculpting things far in advance and it might not be worth the gamble.
    Subscribing before the reveals is a vote for continuing the line with the more obscure characters.

I'm not assuming anything.
    Ah...then what was all of this?

Hmmm... I'm guessing this means no club FILMation in 2014?
    word: assumption

Definition: taking something for granted; something expected

You did say "I'm guessing..."

A synonym of a "guess" is an "assumption." You came up with a "theory." Due to the lack of any info on a 2014 Filmation Sub, you were "taking for granted" that it was canceled. It's all the same thing.

Opening the sub a month early can't hurt.

I'll wait until the SDCC panel. I'm subbing for 2014 either way, but the question is: one sub or two?

Assuming anything about what Matty will or won't do for a second 2014 mini-sub at this point is preposterous! In fact, how well the main sub does plays a big part for them in deciding what else they will do.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    It looks like Mattel is trying to see how many people will sub no-matter-what vs. people how decide after the reveals. It's an important stat if they shoot for 2015-16 with no more core characters left. They need to start designing & sculpting things far in advance and it might not be worth the gamble.
    Subscribing before the reveals is a vote for continuing the line with the more obscure characters.
    My thoughts exactly. I just hope TG keeps his word regarding the 'All Star Years'.

My concern is just how many fans will sub blind. I doubt it could ever be enough to pass the sub in that window, but if it was and they revealed a selection like Songster, Professor Tempus and the Yellow Guy from the Tug-o-War match as opposed to Tung Lashor, Scorpia and Hydron, fans would have practically dig their own grave.

That is all quite extreme though. If this move is meant to test the waters for fans who want EVERYTHING no matter what from 2016 onwards, it'll undoubtedly be an interesting experiment for Mattel.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

This was DEFINITELY fan demanded, I may sub early, I am definitely subbing regardless, however I will not be subbing up in the first week, because digital river always seems to have issues on preorders and subscriptions on day 1... they got me twice, in 2012 with that nonsense.... so much like the filmation sub I will probably sub up a week or 2 in. I'm all in this line til the end.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Ah...then what was all of this?

word: assumption

Definition: taking something for granted; something expected

You did say "I'm guessing..."

A synonym of a "guess" is an "assumption." You came up with a "theory." Due to the lack of any info on a 2014 Filmation Sub, you were "taking for granted" that it was canceled. It's all the same thing.

Thank you for schooling me.
    Last edited by Wakko; May 23, 2013 at 09:40pm. Reason: eh, nevermind