Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Eternia 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    Great news. Since there will be no more three packs hopefully all the negativity will be down this year.
    I still think we will get unwanted stuff in the possible quarterly slots I'm thinking the POP Horses, that only the die hard POP fans want. Yes I'm a POP fan but don't need a Crystal Sun Beam or whatever the Swiftwind variants are called... neither do I need Catra's steed. That's the sorta stuff that will make me re-consider whether to sub again or not... I'm gonna need convincing with a couple of the figures from my top 5 getting revealed, if I get saddled with more unwanted quarterly items.
    Last edited by blackiecats; May 23, 2013 at 10:33pm.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    It looks like Mattel is trying to see how many people will sub no-matter-what vs. people how decide after the reveals. It's an important stat if they shoot for 2015-16 with no more core characters left. They need to start designing & sculpting things far in advance and it might not be worth the gamble.
    Subscribing before the reveals is a vote for continuing the line with the more obscure characters.
    I am all for obscure characters. If this was the case then great.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'm in. I'm sure they'll stick to their promise for a MOSTLY heavy hitter year. This year, for Comic Con, the only thing I want, is PEACE OF MIND! (Yes that was meant to be yelling!) I hope the subs do well, and do well quickly. I have a feeling this year will have a stronger turn out.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Hmmm... I'm guessing this means no club FILMation in 2014?
    I dont think this means we will not get an add-on sub. They just dont like to sell them together and have them compete with each other.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I still think we will get unwanted stuff in the possible quarterly slots I'm thinking the POP Horses, that only the die hard POP fans want. Yes I'm a POP fan but don't need a Crystal Sun Beam or whatever the Swiftwind variants are called... neither do I need Catra's steed. That's the sorta stuff that will make me re-consider whether to sub again or not... I'm gonna need convincing with a couple of the figures from my top 5 getting revealed, if I get saddled with more unwanted quarterly items.
    I've been dreading the next horse as well. You know there's another one coming...

I'm waiting till after SDCC. Running out of things I can trade for after this ye ars line up. I'm hoping for no horses in the sub honestly. Also hoping quarterlies are stronger. I like the Foe Men but I'd have rather had a movie three pack. Speaking of which please let there be Gwildor, Blade, or Saurod in San Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    I've been dreading the next horse as well. You know there's another one coming...
    I think it depends on the execution. But I'm hoping the next horse will be Stridor, followed by Nightstalker.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

If they did Catra's horse since Catra was done in her Horde look her horse might be really cool looking since they would probably give it Horde armor and a darker look instead of it's 80's toy look.

I'm buying two 2014 Club Eternia subs and if they offer another add on Filmation sub i'll buy two of those also

Heroic Warrior
    Stridor would be awesome, yeah, but an entirely new sculpt.
    As a side note, I've always thought it would be a little weird for them to do a Stridor since Fisto is essentially an unavailable figure. Maybe we'd actually get a re-release?

Catra's horse with some rad Horde armor--- okay, if they do another horse with the Swiftwind sculpt, THAT is exactly what I want. And you can still get Catra at a not ridiculous price!
    Was this ever in the cartoon, or just your idea?

Ild much rather have Mantisaur as the next beast vs any horse.....even Stridor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Same here. I always assumed we'd get one eventually, but I guess the window is closing for that kind of stuff is closing, isn't it? The Dinosaurs are my other dream beasts. That's why I was never really thrilled with Granamyr-- all I could see was a huge Tyrantisaurus we weren't getting. And now we have a giant sitting dragon with a pot bellly who looks like he came from a booth at Ren Fest.

I'm kidding-- he's not that bad.

Stridor would be awesome, yeah, but an entirely new sculpt.
    As a side note, I've always thought it would be a little weird for them to do a Stridor since Fisto is essentially an unavailable figure. Maybe we'd actually get a re-release?
    Interesting. I hope they think the way you do and consider, despite all their protests, a Fisto re-release to accompany Stridor. And they SHOULD do Stridor in the next 2 years.

Same here. I always assumed we'd get one eventually, but I guess the window is closing for that kind of stuff is closing, isn't it? The Dinosaurs are my other dream beasts. That's why I was never really thrilled with Granamyr-- all I could see was a huge Tyrantisaurus we weren't getting. And now we have a giant sitting dragon with a pot bellly who looks like he came from a booth at Ren Fest.

I'm kidding-- he's not that bad.
    . I too would love a dinosaur as well....and I like granamyr but he does look like he's on the pot....lol

I won't wait. Considering all the vintage figures from all lines and potential Filmation and MYP characters I can't think of a 12 figure line up that would upset me...uses they went into lame low priority Filmation characters, which I doubt they will.

Glad they are doing this. Personally I'll be waiting until SDCC to order because, just in case there are additional subs to announce (a new property perhaps), I want to order everything at once and have it all ship together every month. But the benefit I see this providing is that for people such as myself who like to budget and save up ahead of time, this gives us a longer window where we know the price and can start setting the money aside before placing our final order.
    Classics won't feel complete unless ALL vintage MOTU POP & NA are included
    TOP 35 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/Andros/Hoove
    FILMATION: DreeElle/Imp/Montork/Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque
    MISC:Lodar/Veena/Miro/Delora/Hawke/OOLarr/Prahvus/Dare/EvilSeed

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Shot through the heart, and you're to blame, you give love a bad name

LOL

My feeling for Stridor is that he's more than just a horse, he's a relevant character, and Nightstalker would be a no brainer if they did Stridor. So even though he's a totally new sculpt, they'll get more than one use out of most of it. In general, I would love a few more horses, but I more than understand people being picky at this point, with the possibility that there are very limited beast slots left. Here's hoping we get all of the above, in and out of sub. Stridor, Nightstalker, Mantisaur, Arrow, Storm (storm with bat wings would be rad).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    If I decide to sub again, it will only be after I see the figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLiger View Post
    I'm holding off on subscribing till I see some of the figures.
    They are ALL STARS - Remaining Vintage 80's figures both MOTU AND POP and one or two A-Lists that never existed like Scorpia. If you want those figures, the pool is not that deep with what is left, I think about 34+ figures...none of the bad weird / concept / 200x / NA ones.

I'll be ordering my usual 5 subs as soon as they go on sale.

I don't care what the line-up looks like, it's all MOTU, so it's all good!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Does opening it any sooner even make that much of a difference considering that most people are going to wait until the reveals so that they actually know "some thing" any way?

With that in mind the closing date is more or less the exact same so I'm not really sure that I see the point here.

If you can't make up your mind within around a months time of the reveals you probably shouldn't be getting yourself involved in this to begin with.....
    This is where I am. Does this really matter?

If I'm not going to get Toy#1 until January.... What difference does it make if I sign up 5 months early or they open it up for 6 months?

Especially if we dont' get any hints or previews... I just don't understand.

I mean, wanting to see MORE of what your signing up for is logical... but if your going ot buy blind ANYWAY... what difference does a few extra weeks make?

Personally I'm gonna pass unless there is some truly AMAZING reveals. Odds are I'm done with subs. Way too many figures I just can't seem to sell off. Feels like I'm paying double for the ones I DO want...

Also, I HIGHLY doubt that they will ONLY be selling Club eternia and Club infinite earths. Seems like they always have a filmation, Ghostbuster, Voltron, Watchmen, SOMETING else else to add on. IF they don't have ANY other subs to sell us on, then odds are NOT good for Mattycollector.com....

Heroic Warrior
    The reveals will probably be awesome. But the whole Eternia 2014 sub will be a disaster, as usual. It's been this way since the beginning of the line. Don't expect Mattel to change a thing. And the whole sub will be brutally pushed through shameful marketing techniques, just like what we saw last year. Finally, disappointment will be part of the package as well, I bet.

I am hoping for Battle Lion instead of a horse for a quarterly slot. Eager to see what the breakdown of items will be.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    The reveals will probably be awesome. But the whole Eternia 2014 sub will be a disaster, as usual. It's been this way since the beginning of the line. Don't expect Mattel to change a thing. And the whole sub will be brutally pushed through shameful marketing techniques, just like what we saw last year. Finally, disappointment will be part of the package as well, I bet.

And of course even with the 'extra window' there will still be complaining that they closed the subscriptions sign up to early... just hoping for one or two more reveals to 'convince' them....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I am hoping for Battle Lion instead of a horse for a quarterly slot. Eager to see what the breakdown of items will be.
    This may be one of the few beasts I'd be excited about from a previous buck, now Stridor, Mantisaur, Nightstalker are all welcome. But I don't want anymore Horses in the sub, but there is no way they release a horse without it being in the sub unfortunately. Glad there won't be a 3 pack, personally I hope the Quarterlies either drop to two $30 and two $50 spots (or less) or we only get two extra items plus the 12 figures.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    smells like an early sub adopters bonus to me

I will be subbing up for 2 when the go on sale right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Who cares, as long as I get the awesome reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    smells like an early sub adopters bonus to me
    An incentive would be great and will really push early adoptions..something like Grayskull's checklist poster would do the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    It looks like Mattel is trying to see how many people will sub no-matter-what vs. people how decide after the reveals. It's an important stat if they shoot for 2015-16 with no more core characters left. They need to start designing & sculpting things far in advance and it might not be worth the gamble.
    Subscribing before the reveals is a vote for continuing the line with the more obscure characters.
    Well thought!