Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Eternia 2014

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    This can only be positive for MOTUC. Something like an early subscribers incentive is a good idea - it doesn't have to be something massive, just a little bonus like a weapon or poster.

Also I do think they should announce the Sub Exclusive figure in June though, depending on what it is, that should get some subscribers in.

I'll wait until SDCC personally, but if they announce someone like Oo-Larr or King Miro or even Scorpia as the sub exclusive, I'll sign up for my 2 subs straight away.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I'm getting a new credit card in July so I'll have to wait until then. But I'll sub before SDCC. Two subs as usual!
    Awesome sticker included!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Eh. I subbed for the first time this year and have sold (or am thusfar UNsuccessful trying to sell-I'm looking at you here, FFM and Karatti) more figures than I have kept (and that estimate figures to hold going forward for the rest of the year). The four (or two?) current sale targets aside, I've mostly broken even (although I HAVE been eating the shipping costs from Matty for what I'm selling-$13 a pop, meaning I'm down about $50 so far, projecting to a loss of the year on shpping of over $100).

It really doesn't feel worth the hassle. I think I'll be going back to selective buying next year. I got my Ram-Man. I don't have any "essentials" left, to be honest. Certainly not anything that would warrant essentially crumbling up $15 every other month and throwing it out my car window.

Tried it out. Didn't work for me. Moving on.
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; May 24, 2013 at 07:21am.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I'll be ordering my subs the day they go on sale...no need for me to wait! I know I want it all, sight unseen

Well, I'm in for one no matter what!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

My question is whether they will be putting a meter in to track sub sales to hit the minimum
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    My question is whether they will be putting a meter in to track sub sales to hit the minimum
    Don't hold me to it, but I feel like I read somewhere that Toyguru said there would be a meter.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I'll most likely sign up early. I've signed up for everything else so far and loved it, so why would 2014 be any different? It would be neat to have an early sub incentive. Just something small - doesn't have to be huge.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I'll be there to subscribe on day 1, I don't need SDCC to sell me on anything. This is my favorite franchise of them all, I'm in it until the end, even if all Mattel decided to do was give us a year of variants.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Don't hold me to it, but I feel like I read somewhere that Toyguru said there would be a meter.
    He's said it a few time, but who knows if it'll go up right away or if the meter will start with SDCC. I'm hoping we hit the limit before SDCC. LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I will probably buy three 2014 subscriptions when they open.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I wonder if they need to hit a minimum number of subs, if they would grant some sort of benefit for subbing earlier, as BttF 6" flying board when purchasing the replica before a certain date.

I'm starting to feel a little bit nervous about sub costing... if they offer it so early, it may mean that cost may have rise and they have already all the slots locked out (12 regular figures, 6 bi-monthly extra regular Filmation figures, 4 special quarter extra figures, no go lucky and chase a figure...)
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I'm on the fence in regards to buying a 2014 subscription. If they throw in some 80's movie figures like Blade and Saurod, and I'll buy a subscription, but otherwise I will probably just become a cherry-picker.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Podcaster
    I'll sub regardless, as I have from the beginning.

But I've been wondering what exactly they consider to be a "year of big hitters". For 12 figures, will it be 8 vintage MOTU and 4 PoP? 10 and 2? 6 and 6? And does it mean nothing outside of vintage MOTU and PoP?

I'll be very curious to see whatever they reveal at SDCC. Also, I agree with those that think the sub exclusive will be a never-before released figure like Eldor (my choice) or Oo-Larr or a vintage heavy hitter which could be Two Bad or Tung Lashor. Hope we find that out at SDCC as well.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I've been subbing since the beginning, but will wait until the figures are revealed to see what's going to be offered (like Horde Troopers or another cool army builder) to see if I want to get multiple subs. I always did 2 subs (one loose and one backup MOC), but subbed for 3 last year to help the line. I regret it a bit, because of how expensive and unnecessary an extra has been. Thankfully I have a wonderful friend who is taking some of my extras, so it hasn't been too bad.

On a another note, while I like this early sub date offer by Mattel, I never sub in the first few days. How many times has Matty botched up orders, especially in the first day? Countless...Castle Grayskull, Filmation, and I'm pretty certain for almost all past Club Eternia offers. Not worth it to me. While I encourage everyone to sub, you may want to wait at least a few days past 6/17 to commit. In Matty/Digitial River I do not trust

Want to gauge interest in the line prior to the reveals?
    All early subscribers (Pre-SDCC) get a "one-off" weapon....only available to early subscribers. Maybe that "star-field" power sword.

I'll wait to see the figures as well. I'd like to say that I'm in this to the end, but there are not that many more figures that I want. Plus, I'm getting tired of the empty excuses, poor CS, etc. etc.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Well, I'm in for one no matter what!
    Me too!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

I will probably sub for 2014 but TG needs to not bait and switch us and keep to his word of no more concept characters included in the sub, if die-hards want em great!, make them day of sale and produce just the minimum to "turn the machine on". I don't want another "forced" stinker like FFM. I have better things to spend 100 dollars on.

Oh and heaven be still, if I don't get Glimmer and Two-bad next year, I'm very tired of waiting for both those characters.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    That's exactly my thoughts. Plus they technically never said there'd be more than the one, right? I guess I never expected there to be a second Filmation sub. If there is, great! But I bet they wouldn't announce that until around Toy Fair next year.

I sort of wish they could have extedned the 2014 sub window a month later rather than a month earlier. That way people would see reveals at SDCC and have longer to subscribe. At this rate, I bet most people are going to wait until SDCC anyway, so the extra month beforehand may not do much good.
    I agree, I don't think a month early is going to make much difference especially if they don't throw out some teasers. Personally I want to see what I'm buying even though I'm sure I'll be subbing again. If they'd make the deadline 9/15 or something that would give everyone more time to see the product but I understand they believe they have to have their numbers by August to meet January releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I will probably sub for 2014 but TG needs to not bait and switch us and keep to his word of no more concept characters included in the sub, if die-hards want em great!, make them day of sale and produce just the minimum to "turn the machine on". I don't want another "forced" stinker like FFM. I have better things to spend 100 dollars on.

Oh and heaven be still, if I don't get Glimmer and Two-bad next year, I'm very tired of waiting for both those characters.
    And this will determine how many subs I get...pay attention Scott. I don't want another FFM or SSisters 3 pack like that. I shelled out over $300 dollars for the FFM alone this year because I doubled my subs. I'm not likely to put myself in that situation again even though I moved my extras this year. I just don't need that size of a monthly bill for something I could do without. On the other hand, if you produce a three pack of Horde Troopers, I'll sell my extra car to buy as many of those as I can. Think it through!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'll wait til the very last day or so to buy my subs just like the past few times. #Procrastinator
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post

He said last year, no more concepts, and no more 3-packs, so hopefully nothing over say $50 for a single SKU.....

And hopefully 2014 stays $25 per basic figure, if not, I may just have to pass, and buy a couple figures I really want from BBTS.

I already have 2 figures I can't sell from this year, which aggrevates me, and I know of a few more coming that I likely will not be able to sell...
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I am waiting till after mattypallooza just in case they do an add on sub and everything has to be on the same order to get them shipped together the first month.

That being said I am hoping that the exclusive figure is a fan demanded figure to keep the sub number up. And I am hoping that the quarterly figures are not a 3 pack unless it is Tuvar, Badra and Two-Bad. Also other than Skeletor's flying robots I don't think there is another army builder unless they do a repaint of the snake men (assuming troopers are coming this year). I would like to see a Road Ripper for a $25-$30 spot.

Battle-Ram! Battle-Ram! BATTLE-RAM!!
    Last edited by Lipster; May 24, 2013 at 05:32pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Hey, this is cool news! Though it might be a bad sign for the line's longevity that they're taking measures to try to get mroe subscribers... or it COULD mean a bigger year, subscription-wise! Hoping for the good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Hey, this is cool news! Though it might be a bad sign for the line's longevity that they're taking measures to try to get mroe subscribers... or it COULD mean a bigger year, subscription-wise! Hoping for the good!
    In what world would trying to get as many subscribers as possible be a bad sign? McDonalds and Wal-Mart work hard to maximize their customers.....