Thread: Paint Question for Customizers out there.

Paint Question for Customizers out there.

I decided to paint Blade's weapons since they were basically a blank slate. I painted everything blades and handles. I painted the handles black (just a basic acrylic) but the paint rubbed off when I put them into his hands.

What can I do to keep the paint from rubbing off of the handles?

i use nail polish clear coat..
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Widget
    Try not to apply a thick cota of paint at once, instead apply many layers and give them time to dry well... I use this to thin the paint and someone tips me that also helps to avoid rubbing. But if someone has a better solution it will be VERY APPRECIATED.

photo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Monolunar; April 22, 2014 at 11:28pm.

Heroic Warrior
    For weapons, they could be sprayed and then topped.off with a top coat paint. Fusion sells primer now. Perhaps try that as a base coat then top it off like you already have. But make sure you remove all the paint you already painted. Putting something over something that won't adhere originally will never stop it from peeling or rubbing. The original coat must bond first in order for anything after to adhere.. I used the primer.on a exhaust vent for an exhaust fan and it work remarkable, I was truly impressed and always questioned why such primer wasn't ever created before. But I never tried this on toys, but it's worth a try for something such as a weapon. And like said thin coats are key in any paint application, from start to finish.

I haven't used it on weapons yet, but Folk Art makes a decent varnish I use for my figures. It seals the paint pretty well, and it's thinner than clear nail polish. It's easy to use a thin coat and layer it if necessary.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Thank you all for the suggestions.

The other question I had was where can I get metallic paints (like blue, orange, & green)

Heroic Warrior
    try the hobby store in salem. they have a bunch of different paints.