Thread: What paint to use on MOTUC bodies and accessories?

What paint to use on MOTUC bodies and accessories?

hey all,
    I'm about to endeavor on my first couple MOTUC customs.
    Advice please, what kind of paint do I use on the bodies and accessories?
    I've heard some people complain that the Testor's Enamel dries sticky.

So best practices please: )

I use aycrlic paints (folkart, martha stuart, etc) they are cheap, tons of colors, and dont dry on sticky. Make sure primer if you need to and put on 3 to 4 coats for the best color. I know the horsemen use cartoon vinyl colors or something like that, def more expensive but really great colors.

I mostly use Testors Model Master acryl/acrylic paints. They are by far my favorites.

Sometimes I use Tamiya for clear colors. It dries sticky and rubs off easily so I always put a clear coat over it.

I have also been using Citadel lately because I like some of their wacky colors. This paint scratches off VERY easily though. So far a clear coat seems to help with that.

Make sure you take apart and wash the figure. I usually use sand paper to sand down the shoulders,elbows, knees and ankles. testors dull coat to seal the paint

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I use aycrlic paints (folkart, martha stuart, etc) they are cheap, tons of colors, and dont dry on sticky. Make sure primer if you need to and put on 3 to 4 coats for the best color. I know the horsemen use cartoon vinyl colors or something like that, def more expensive but really great colors.
    That is what I use and can't recommend it enough, best paint I've ever used. Can never go back to standard acrylic after using Cartoon Colour, it's worth the higher price.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Kind of related enough so I didn't think it needed it's own thread, what are some recommended paint brand/colors for matching the skin tones colors of the average human MOTUC figures? Examples I'm thinking of are BG Teela, She-Ra, and Netossa. Or if they're are none, what are good overall skin tone paints?