Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Clamp-at-arms!!!

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,553

    Clamp-at-arms!!!

    As soon as Clamp Champ is available for sale, I am going to buy one specifically to make this custom. Here is my mock-up for it, just so I could get a sense of how I plan to color him. I'll be posting images as I progress in the making of this custom. The next step will be buying Man-At-Arms on Early Access next month.

    What do you think?

    clamp_at_arms.jpg

  2. #2
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,434
    looks super cool. Can I have one? lol

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior King Criss79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    517
    I don't usually reply in these custom forums but I have to say that's a pretty darn cool mockup.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I don't usually reply in these custom forums but I have to say that's a pretty darn cool mockup.
    Thank you, King! I appreciate that.

  5. #5
    Widget Shredder82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    31
    He looks great!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  6. #6
    Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,125
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    As soon as Clamp Champ is available for sale, I am going to buy one specifically to make this custom. Here is my mock-up for it, just so I could get a sense of how I plan to color him. I'll be posting images as I progress in the making of this custom. The next step will be buying Man-At-Arms on Early Access next month.

    What do you think?
    I like the mock-up, even though I am not a fan of the concept. (It feels like the writers of the Classics biographies do not know what to do with the character so they are just making him the next Man-At-Arms. It feels like a lazy, uninspired choice.)

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I like the mock-up, even though I am not a fan of the concept. (It feels like the writers of the Classics biographies do not know what to do with the character so they are just making him the next Man-At-Arms. It feels like a lazy, uninspired choice.)

    Oh, I agree completely. I dislike that the MOTUC bios and storyline had MAA die and that Clamp Champ killed him. It's completely unnecessary. BUT, I just thought I'd have some fun with what is otherwise a crappy story plot.

  8. #8
    Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Nutmeg State
    Posts
    989
    Awesome job Tom. Looks great.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Awesome job Tom. Looks great.
    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    501
    I want to make one now
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  11. #11
    eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobb's End
    Posts
    2,307
    The mock-up is great and I can't wait to see the real thing... but I hate the idea behind it, death is only for Mighty Spector.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

    Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

    Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    259
    He looks cool

  13. #13
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    6,043
    very fun
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  14. #14
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,679
    While I don't think that the armour makes a MAA (it's the title), your mock-up looks awesome, King Tamusk!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  15. #15
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    While I don't think that the armour makes a MAA (it's the title), your mock-up looks awesome, King Tamusk!
    what's funny to me is that obviously the armour is more or less a uniform. Kinda like how a green lantern can look all kinds of ways, but they still have that "green lantern" look.

    Especially what with the guard looking like that, ect, I feel that though "men-at arms" would have their own specifics, that they generally would have a uniform.

    So yes, Dekker & Clamp Champ should be Man At Armsy.

    That being said, I think the clamp champ arms needs more in the way of an undercolour, in the way that Duncan is green, perhaps Clampy should be red.

    But I like the idea, because uniforms go with titles.

  16. #16
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,522
    Oh yeah, greatness!!!!

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,553
    Well, this will be slightly postponed until I can find a Clamp Champ at a decent price. The "no DOS" was not expected for him. I thought it would have been Geldor. Eh, I guess it still could be.

  18. #18
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Well, this will be slightly postponed until I can find a Clamp Champ at a decent price. The "no DOS" was not expected for him. I thought it would have been Geldor. Eh, I guess it still could be.
    We can hope. Otherwise I'm not sure how I am unloading two of him.
    We were specifically told that Dare would not be in 2014-2015, see the words straight from Scott here: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...808#9101046808

  19. #19
    The Man Called 'V' Shecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    The mock-up is great and I can't wait to see the real thing... but I hate the idea behind it, death is only for Mighty Spector.
    .....and then the real Spector will come out in a completely new design (albeit with the same 'Time Agent' concept), and take out the imposter, since recently TG seemed to imply that this one could be. Next variant will be a superty-duperty-awesomer Spector!!!

    All kidding aside, great custom, Tamusk! Out of curiosity, do you plan on utilizing the 200x Blaster Cannon in somehow?

  20. #20
    Heroic Podcaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    1,546
    I love this idea so much, I'm going to have one of my pewter Man-At-Arms miniatures painted up as CC-At-Arms!

    Excellent work!
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN - 11 TO GO
    HEROIC WARRIORS - Flying Fists He-Man - Lazer Light He-Man - ROTAR!
    EVIL WARRIORS - Lazer Light Skeletor - Saurod - Terror Claws Skeletor - TWISTOID!
    HORDE - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - MULTI-BOT!
    SNAKE MEN - SSSQUEEZE!

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Joker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    641
    Excellent!

  22. #22
    Heroic Podcaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    1,546
    This is still one of my all-time favorite customs! Did anyone ever end up making a MOTUC Clamp Champ-at-Arms?
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN - 11 TO GO
    HEROIC WARRIORS - Flying Fists He-Man - Lazer Light He-Man - ROTAR!
    EVIL WARRIORS - Lazer Light Skeletor - Saurod - Terror Claws Skeletor - TWISTOID!
    HORDE - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - MULTI-BOT!
    SNAKE MEN - SSSQUEEZE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •