Thread: Clamp-at-arms!!!

Clamp-at-arms!!!

As soon as Clamp Champ is available for sale, I am going to buy one specifically to make this custom. Here is my mock-up for it, just so I could get a sense of how I plan to color him. I'll be posting images as I progress in the making of this custom. The next step will be buying Man-At-Arms on Early Access next month.

What do you think?

clamp_at_arms.jpg

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    looks super cool. Can I have one? lol

I don't usually reply in these custom forums but I have to say that's a pretty darn cool mockup.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I don't usually reply in these custom forums but I have to say that's a pretty darn cool mockup.
    Thank you, King! I appreciate that.

He looks great!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    As soon as Clamp Champ is available for sale, I am going to buy one specifically to make this custom. Here is my mock-up for it, just so I could get a sense of how I plan to color him. I'll be posting images as I progress in the making of this custom. The next step will be buying Man-At-Arms on Early Access next month.

What do you think?
    I like the mock-up, even though I am not a fan of the concept. (It feels like the writers of the Classics biographies do not know what to do with the character so they are just making him the next Man-At-Arms. It feels like a lazy, uninspired choice.)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I like the mock-up, even though I am not a fan of the concept. (It feels like the writers of the Classics biographies do not know what to do with the character so they are just making him the next Man-At-Arms. It feels like a lazy, uninspired choice.)

Oh, I agree completely. I dislike that the MOTUC bios and storyline had MAA die and that Clamp Champ killed him. It's completely unnecessary. BUT, I just thought I'd have some fun with what is otherwise a crappy story plot.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Awesome job Tom. Looks great.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Awesome job Tom. Looks great.
    Thanks!

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I want to make one now
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    The mock-up is great and I can't wait to see the real thing... but I hate the idea behind it, death is only for Mighty Spector.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    He looks cool

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very fun
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    While I don't think that the armour makes a MAA (it's the title), your mock-up looks awesome, King Tamusk!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    While I don't think that the armour makes a MAA (it's the title), your mock-up looks awesome, King Tamusk!
    what's funny to me is that obviously the armour is more or less a uniform. Kinda like how a green lantern can look all kinds of ways, but they still have that "green lantern" look.

Especially what with the guard looking like that, ect, I feel that though "men-at arms" would have their own specifics, that they generally would have a uniform.

So yes, Dekker & Clamp Champ should be Man At Armsy.

That being said, I think the clamp champ arms needs more in the way of an undercolour, in the way that Duncan is green, perhaps Clampy should be red.

But I like the idea, because uniforms go with titles.

Snappy Threader
    Oh yeah, greatness!!!!

Well, this will be slightly postponed until I can find a Clamp Champ at a decent price. The "no DOS" was not expected for him. I thought it would have been Geldor. Eh, I guess it still could be.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Well, this will be slightly postponed until I can find a Clamp Champ at a decent price. The "no DOS" was not expected for him. I thought it would have been Geldor. Eh, I guess it still could be.
    We can hope. Otherwise I'm not sure how I am unloading two of him.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    The mock-up is great and I can't wait to see the real thing... but I hate the idea behind it, death is only for Mighty Spector.
    .....and then the real Spector will come out in a completely new design (albeit with the same 'Time Agent' concept), and take out the imposter, since recently TG seemed to imply that this one could be. Next variant will be a superty-duperty-awesomer Spector!!!

All kidding aside, great custom, Tamusk! Out of curiosity, do you plan on utilizing the 200x Blaster Cannon in somehow?

Heroic Podcaster
    I love this idea so much, I'm going to have one of my pewter Man-At-Arms miniatures painted up as CC-At-Arms!

Excellent work!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Excellent!

Heroic Podcaster
    This is still one of my all-time favorite customs! Did anyone ever end up making a MOTUC Clamp Champ-at-Arms?
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid