Thread: MotU MADNESS - Episode DC02 - The new old Outfit

MotU MADNESS - Episode DC02 - The new old Outfit

Here is my idea why the new DC outfit is not a good idea.
    I apologize for the quality, but i my work plate is too full to spend too much time on private stuff
    Hope you enjoy:

Yup, pretty spot on with the new comics Teela.... leave it to New52 DC to alienate someone who was in love with her for so many years like myself . And turn her into someone who's supposed to be like another one of the boys but really just acts like she's on the rag 24/7 . Now I know how fans of Starfire before the reboot feel.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    Yup, pretty spot on with the new comics Teela.... leave it to New52 DC to alienate someone who was in love with her for so many years like myself . And turn her into someone who's supposed to be like another one of the boys but really just acts like she's on the rag 24/7 . Now I know how fans of Starfire before the reboot feel.
    Yep - with you there. Maxx hits the nail right on the head, here. The DC Teela is just so ruddy BORING, plainly being aimed at the discernment-challenged market.
    Alienation is what the writer seems to be trying for (and it's not just Teela, either, is it?) and - one has to say - he's doing a really great job. When he clumsily re-creates her as the new Sorceress it will be so leaden and flat and utterly unlikely that nobody much will even care. So very sad.

Heroic Warrior
    Great stuff, Max.

Fixing what clearly ain't broke seldom works - and your mockery is a very fitting response!

May we hope for more? After all, the target is so huge - and so very deserving of more shelling....