Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Matty doesn't get enough Subs to go forward w/ 2014 will the roadmap be revealed?

Heroic Warrior

If Matty doesn't get enough Subs to go forward w/ 2014 will the roadmap be revealed?

Will TG give us the roadmap he had planned for 2014/2015 so we know what we missed out on?

Probably not because they will still find a way to release several figures that are already tooled. I would think if they fall well short, they might just go back to releasing day of sale only a make about 6-8 figures per year.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Probably not because they will still find a way to release several figures that are already tooled. I would think if they fall well short, they might just go back to releasing day of sale only a make about 6-8 figures per year.
    I seem to remember him being interviewed and saying basically this. He did mention that the price would be markedly higher than current retail.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    maybe and those figures will cost $35 to $40.00 each before shipping because they will do smaller runs withouth banked sub sales.

It's going through.

I agree. 2014 is Go.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnspookcity View Post
    IF (big if) Matty does not get enough Subs to go forward with 2014
    Toyguru would come on the forums and create a thread titled "Thats it guys, Im killen teh lien!"
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It's going through.
    Agree with this --^ By now those collectors left supporting this line know the drill. If it appears we're not going to meet quota some of our more deeper pocketed members will again be expected to step up- and God willing they will as they historically have. I hate having to depend on this- as the 80/20 rule applies (80% of the line is supported by 20% of its fans)- but if any of us are going to make the line happen it will be through the loving hands of these great people.

I will certainly do my part to sub as I have in the past, but I'm not living in some fantasy land of belief where we've magically acquired more fans since 2013. I think those who subbed in 2013 will sub again for 2014, and perhaps even more so with the knowledge that 2014 will be more Vintage centric and (mostly) devoid of filler product like The Fighting Foe Men. But again, I think overall 'membership' will have remained roughly flat since the 2013 sub locked in.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

It's going through.
    Yup I agree with this, they will say its going to fall short like they do every year but in the end I think we get another year. Worst comes to worst we get a 6-12 figure sub which is more than fine with me
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

If when the Sub opens on june 17 and we find out that Mattel has finally gon with the subscription only model with NO day of sale, Then on line retailers like BBTS will buy lots of subscriptions and have preorder sales for the figures.

2014 will go through, and maybe have slightly better numbers than 2013. 2015 will be a hike.

2014 will go through. Heck we may hit minimum before SDCC.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I was told in private that my socks were gonna be knocked off at SDCC this year. So, hopefully this has some heavy hitters for the first three months of 2014. That's what the subs need at this point!

We may have to go through the same last second drama, but this isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I was told in private that my socks were gonna be knocked off at SDCC this year. So, hopefully this has some heavy hitters for the first three months of 2014. That's what the subs need at this point!
    I personally have only 2 "heavy hitters" left for my collection, not to say I won't love some of the others because I'm sure I will. If I feel it's worth it even for the ones I don't want or didn't know I wanted....then I'll sub again. I never had all the Vintage figures, and I never had POP at all until Classics, so technically I don't need more than a couple more figures, so I really hope I'm blown away at SDCC.

This is what I am saying....it's not going to be 2 weeks in and "Hey guys we made it!" no, it will be a push just like last year, drama and all, but I do believe we'll get it. The line has put a hurting on many, and is still doing it to some with subs cancelled and other drama just since January....so you'll have those staying out, and some more saying screw it, so it will be a push still, but I believe it will go through, even if like before, a last minute thing.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Just my oppinion/theory.

A) while it is inevitable that over time subcription sales will continue to decrees I think we'll still make the "minimum" needed for 2014 and 2015. While undoubtably some people will quit the line at the end of each year, I think this year we'll also see some new/returning blood. Some people will take interest in the line again/for the first time due to Castle Grayskull and some purely MIB collectors will pick up an additional sub so they have loose figures to pose with the Castle. Some will come back just for the "All Star Promise". Some still active collectors who this and past years have always shopped day of instead of subscribing will now start subbing due to missing out on Fang Man, etc. And other who have always shopped day of instead of subscribing because financially its cheaper to do combined shipping each month if you plan on buying other day of product every time (reissues, etc) will now have less reason not to subscribe now that extra day of product is becoming less and less available (especially for those without early access). Granted this lack of available day of product will also lead to some leaving the line altogether, but I think the subscription gains and losses will even out and the subscription numbers will be similar to last year.

B) I also think that if we only hit lets say 80 or 90% of the "minimum" it would probably still go through for that year (but the next year would be in danger). One big issue is that no one outside of Mattel really knows what the minimum actually means, but there's a lot to suggest that the minimum we're being told isn't the real absolute "minimum needed".

I know this isn't an exact comparison seeing as these are licensed lines but both DC and Ghostbusters were able to get pushed through for a year (or two) despite not hitting their "minimum". I think with the amount of work that has already gone into the subscription plans before they go on sale is enough to get them pushed through at least once more even if minimums aren't 100% met. But it will be the year after that which will suffer to either budget cuts or cancellation if the sales numbers fall short two years in a row.

My prediction: 2014 will go through, probably with similar numbers as last year. 2015 will see a bigger decrease but still get above the number we're told is the minimum (presuming no MAJOR price increase that year). 2016 will be a bigger challenge, and we may only get a small sub offered that year (12 figures + sub exclusive???). But even if it doesn't hit the minimum I bet whatever we get offered still goes through if we're close But I would also bet not hitting that minimum in 2016 would mean less to no product for 2017.

Personally in order to get all the figures/beasts I really want I feel like the line would need to go until at least 2020 (if not longer). I don't know if we'll make that but right now I'm feeling pretty confident about getting a full 2014/2015 line up and at least a partial line up in 2016.

But beyond that who knows? Only time will tell if any of my theory is right.
    Last edited by InspectorZartan; May 30, 2013 at 05:06am.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I hope that nobody thinks we WON'T be seeing a similar push this year that we did last year. It doesn't make sense for TG to come out a week before the deadline to tell people that we hit the minimum. How many people bought extra subs last year to "help the line"? A lot.

Being open and honest with us on the sub numbers just doesn't make fiscal sense.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnspookcity View Post
    Will TG give us the roadmap he had planned for 2014/2015 so we know what we missed out on?
    No, for legal reasons TG/Mattel wont reveal anything not already not released, i agree with others, if targets not met then we may get 6 to 12 figures or pre-orders, MOTUC will still be around one way or another.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I imagine we're going to see the same thing again. From what I'm told, the line was in jeopardy last time.

Plus, as it was pointed out to me recently, getting people to buy more subscriptions is part of Scott's job. There will be a point for this line, no matter who is in charge or what they say, where it's just not going to get enough subscribers.

I think we should just prepare ourselves for the 2014 line being on the ropes and needing our support again. If 2015 gets us almost to a comfortable stopping point, I say let's just go the distance. All the annoying QC, CS, shipping and related problems aside, I want to see it go all the way.

This line is going on 5 years (+ 3 figures from 2008). What's 2 more years, especially if it gets us so many characters in this awesome MOTUC format? Plus, how many action figure lines can say they went SEVEN YEARS? That's a true testament to the awesomeness of the MOTU and POP properties and to us as a fan base for our support of these brands.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I think we should just prepare ourselves for the 2014 line being on the ropes and needing our support again. If 2015 gets us almost to a comfortable stopping point, I say let's just go the distance. All the annoying QC, CS, shipping and related problems aside, I want to see it go all the way.

This line is going on 5 years (+ 3 figures from 2008). What's 2 more years, especially if it gets us so many characters in this awesome MOTUC format? Plus, how many action figure lines can say they went SEVEN YEARS? That's a true testament to the awesomeness of the MOTU and POP properties and to us as a fan base for our support of these brands.
    I think it's pretty amazing how well and long this line has lasted given all the variables against it. Exhorbitant prices, shipping, quality control, the WSOD, minimal advertising, and being available only online. Crazy. I'm sure Mattel realizes how loyal (or insane) we are, we keep coming back for more. At times, I feel we've been treated terribly, but then again, look how many darn (awesome) figures we have. This line is unreal. And the Four Horsemen have created masterpiece after masterpiece. We're so close to the end, we need to finish this thing out right.

If we don't get Blade, I'm going to be forever regretful about it Two-Bad, Modulok, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Extendar, Rio-Blast, Saurod, Gwildor, Sssqueeze, Tung Lashor, Multi-Bot, Dragstor, Horde Troopers, Rotar, Twistoid, and all the beautiful POP girls. Bring 'em on!

And Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor too please!

I just hope the attrition we have seen the last couple years slows down significantly. I think having no Star Sisters or FFM will definitely help the cause. I expect another 2013 Club Eternia figure to be announced as having no day of sale stock either right before or during Comic-Con to help push sales of the 2014 sub. Maybe the quarterly items for 2014 should be sub-only to help push sales and get more resellers back on board.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I feel confident that 2014 will go through, and I'm sure that the SDCC reveals are going to be stellar (with a change in the roadmap specifically to make 2014 great it had better be a very impressive set of early reveal figures or else someone has no idea how to market)

I am concerned with 2015 though.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yup I agree with this, they will say its going to fall short like they do every year but in the end I think we get another year. Worst comes to worst we get a 6-12 figure sub which is more than fine with me
    at this point i'd prefer that too.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Why would we even want to see the roadmap if the line died? So that the naysayers can chide with "haha, look what you missed out on!" or "good, I'm glad it's dead, that line-up sucks!"?
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Sub up and cross your fingers. That's the long and short of it.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar