Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Disney Afternoon cartoon releases finally coming to DVD

More Disney Afternoon cartoon releases finally coming to DVD

More Gargoyles (Season 2, Volume 2) and Talespin (Volume 3) DVD releases are coming through the Disney Movie Club according the Open Disney Vault website. The release date is June 25, 2013. Hopefully, they finish off Gargoyles (needs Season 3), DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, and Gummi Bears.

If this is the only way they can release the rest of those shows on DVD, so be it.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I wonder if these will be available via Disney Movie Rewards.

What all goes into becoming a member of the club? Is there a sign up fee and/or do you have to buy so many items within a certain time frame? I would only be signing up to get these releases.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I want to know when the rest of The Muppet Show seasons will be released. Doesn't Disney hold those rights? We only got the first 3 seasons.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I want to know when the rest of The Muppet Show seasons will be released. Doesn't Disney hold those rights? We only got the first 3 seasons.
    That's a good question. I'm surprised that they didn't release another season back when the new movie came out. That would have been the perfect opportunity to cross-promote.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    First, the Disney movie club is like those old BMG and Colombia House music clubs where you have to buy so many in a set period of time, plus they have a "suggested" title every month that they automatically bill you for and ship to you unless you tell them you don't want it. That's not a problem if you remember to do that, but if you're a forgetful slug like me you're constantly sending DVDS back for refunds.

Once you buy however many you need to they offer some pretty decent discounts if you buy a number of things in a single order. I usually only order once or twice a year, and I'll wait until they're offering a "Buy one at full price, everything else of lesser value is 60% off" deal, and then I'll take requests from family and coworkers and stock up in one go for everybody.

To address the "finishing a set" issue, Disney is HORRIBLE at this. I have incomplete sets of Ducktails, Darkwing Duck, and The Tick that I've been waiting to finish for like 5 years now. Don't expect them to finish the Muppet Show any time soon. I have no idea what the reasoning is for this, but they seems to have a pattern going.

Heroic Warrior
    Well it's better then nothing, hope they finish the other series mentioned plus Kim Possible, W.i.t.c.h., Little Mermaid, and Aladdin.

I took a look at the Disney Movie Club site and nowhere did it state how many full price DVD's you would need to buy to fulfill the membership Also would you be able to buy the same title over again (example buy multiple Talespin sets if fans got together and opened 1 membership just to get this DVD) to fulfill your membership obligation?

Looking it over though, the terms are not very detailed... that tells me it's more hassle than it's worth I hope this isn't the only way to complete Ducktales, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers and Gummi Bears though
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I guess these are the terms of membership...
    As a Disney Movie Club member, all you need to do is buy 5 movies at regular Club prices in the next 24 months (starting at $19.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for a member who joins under a DVD enrollment offer or starting at $29.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for a member who joins under a Blu-ray enrollment offer), plus shipping and processing of $3.95 for the first title in each order, and $1.49 for each additional title in that same order. You may cancel your membership at any time after purchasing the 5 movies.

By agreeing to purchase at least 5 regular-priced movies in the next 24 months, you qualify to receive 4 Disney Movies of your choice from the list of titles currently available from the Disney Movie Club for $1.00 Total. Shipping and processing is free. Please allow 2-4 weeks to receive your first shipment.

YOU MAY ALSO TAKE A 5TH MOVIE NOW AT THE SPECIAL PRICE OF JUST $14.95. PLUS YOU PAY NO ADDITIONAL SHIPPING AND PROCESSING CHARGE. This Bonus Movie will even count towards your purchase commitment, so you'll only need to purchase 4 more movies in the next 24 months instead of 5.

PLUS YOU CAN SAVE EVEN MORE by selecting a 6TH movie NOW FOR the special price of JUST $9.95 AND STILL PAY NO ADDITIONAL SHIPPING AND PROCESSING CHARGE.

About every 4 weeks (up to 13 times a year) you will receive a mailing indicating the "Featured Title." Plus you may also receive up to 2 more seasonal Featured Title mailings a year. That's up to 15 buying opportunities a year! You can choose to receive the Featured Title, an alternate, or no movie at all. If you do not inform us of your choice within 10 days or by the date specified on the card (either by returning the card, visiting the website, or by calling the 800 number on the card), the Featured Title will be automatically shipped to you.
    What I want to know is if these exclusive titles can count towards the 5 DVDs that you are required to buy over the course of the 24 months. I don't knoe if their exclusivity and the fact that they are TV shows and not movies forces them into another category.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I guess these are the terms of membership...

What I want to know is if these exclusive titles can count towards the 5 DVDs that you are required to buy over the course of the 24 months. I don't knoe if their exclusivity and the fact that they are TV shows and not movies forces them into another category.
    I've joined the Disney Club twice now. Any full price movie counts. What doesn't count are the ones you get on sale. So they do deals like buy one get one 40% off. Only the first counts. It's actually a pretty good deal with how many you get free to start....especially if you do the credit card thing. Featured titles are easy to say no to and if you forget they're good about letting you send them back. When you quit the club they send you offers to sign up that are even better deals (get 5 buy 2 in the next two years)

Anyone pick up Talespin from the Disney Movie Club as it was released yesterday! Unfortunately I have no choice but to buy a copy off eBay, since I'm in the UK and cannot become a member of the Movie Club
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I've joined the Disney Club twice now. Any full price movie counts. What doesn't count are the ones you get on sale. So they do deals like buy one get one 40% off. Only the first counts. It's actually a pretty good deal with how many you get free to start....especially if you do the credit card thing. Featured titles are easy to say no to and if you forget they're good about letting you send them back. When you quit the club they send you offers to sign up that are even better deals (get 5 buy 2 in the next two years)
    Okay, so a couple of further questions...

When you say "any full price movie counts," would that include something like the Tale Spin set, itself? Or does that count as a separate item? And either way, can I buy more than 1 copy of it if I want to give one to a family member or something?

Edit: I'm not even seeing the title listed on the Disney Movie Club site. When I browsed their exclusives section and did a search. Did it not come out, or did they sell out?
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; June 26, 2013 at 09:07pm.

The club sounds like more trouble than what it is worth. Maybe, if DuckTales, Gummi Bears, and Rescue Rangers join Gargoyles on there and they all count as purchases towards the agreement, I might go for it. Although if one could just buy multiples of Gargoyles or Talespin and they all counted, it might be worth it for the secondary value. What is the regular price for Gargoyles and Talespin on the DMC website?

DoE, from what I've read on other sites, those titles won't pop up unless you are logged in as a member.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Unfortunately I have no choice but to buy a copy off eBay, since I'm in the UK and cannot become a member of the Movie Club
    Ditto. Glad to see these releases being continued, but Disney aren't making them particularly easy for anyone to get hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The club sounds like more trouble than what it is worth. Maybe, if DuckTales, Gummi Bears, and Rescue Rangers join Gargoyles on there and they all count as purchases towards the agreement, I might go for it. Although if one could just buy multiples of Gargoyles or Talespin and they all counted, it might be worth it for the secondary value. What is the regular price for Gargoyles and Talespin on the DMC website?

DoE, from what I've read on other sites, those titles won't pop up unless you are logged in as a member.
    Do you or anyone else know if you can buy more than one copy of it?

EDIT:

I called them up this morning to get some info about the club in general and these specific releases.

These new exclusive releases cannot be included in the initial promotional titles that you get (i.e. the 4 movies for $1, etc.), but buying them does go towards fulfilling the membership requirement to buy at least 5 movies at full price, and a member can buy up to 3 copies of each of them. So, that's good news right there.

The main thing that is making me hesitant to join is the stupid difference between the "Blu-Ray" and "DVD" clubs.

Basically if you pick any Blu-Rays (even just one) as part of your initial "4 movies for $1" deal, you are enrolled in the "Blu-Ray Club." But if you pick all DVDs for you promotional titles, you are instead enrolled in the "DVD Club". If you are a DVD club member, then all normal priced DVDs cost $20, and Blu-Rays cost $30. But if you are a Blu-Ray club member (which is what you become by picking even 1 Blu-Ray as a promotional titles), everything costs $30 whether it's a DVD or Blu-Ray.

I even when on to inquire further about the Blu-Ray club, asking if the $30 price for DVDs only applies to the 5 required titles to fulfill the membership requirement (which if that was the case would make sense since if someone picks all Blu-Ray as their promotional titles, I can see Disney wanting to get the cost of a full Blu-Ray back with the required purchases), or if it is ALL purchases going forward, even after the 5 required titles have been purchased.

It turns out to be the latter (ALL DVDs going forward are $30), which completely sucks. There are some Blu-Rays that I wouldn't mind getting, and I wouldn't mind having to pay $30 for the 5 required titles regardless of format, but I refuse to get locked in where all titles cost $30. And regardless of the deal, while I don't mind buying something on DVD that simply isn't available on Blu-Ray, I will not buy a DVD of something that I can get on Blu-Ray.

I'll have to see if they even have any DVDs that I would be interested in.

One thing that I did notice is that some older club exclusive DVD titles that have been around for a while can be applied towards the promotional "4 for $1" deal. I may wait this out a bit until more of these Disney Afternoon releases come out. Hopefully as some of them age, they will be able to be applied towards the promotional titles. I could see waiting this out, joining, getting all of the releases in one shot, fulfilling the requirements, and then quickly canceling.

Plus I'd like to see if any of these ever become available over at the Disney Movie Rewards site as something you can get in exchange for your points. That's how I got DuckTales the movie. And I have a crapload of points (over 8,000 as of last night when I applied some codes to my account), but there's currently not really any rewards that I am interested in.

So, it may be better to wait this out a bit.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; June 27, 2013 at 10:29am.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm waiting for Quack Pack to get released. That was one of my favorite cartoons ever. There were only 39 episodes, so it could be a one or two set release. It only had two or three VHS releases with a couple of episodes on each one and one DVD release that consisted of three episodes. That show was awesome and it deserves to have a complete DVD release.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

I really want the rest of DuckTales

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
    I really want the rest of DuckTales
    DuckTales and Gummi Bears are my top wants. There is a seller on e-bay that seems to be an official Disney store that is selling Gargoyles and Talespin for fairly cheap.

More Gargoyles (Season 2, Volume 2) and Talespin (Volume 3) DVD releases are coming through the Disney Movie Club according the Open Disney Vault website. The release date is June 25, 2013. Hopefully, they finish off Gargoyles (needs Season 3), DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, and Gummi Bears.
    are some of them like darkwing duck edited versions, though?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    are some of them like darkwing duck edited versions, though?
    I don't own the Darkwing sets, so I couldn't tell you. Are some Darkwing releases missing some scenes due to syndication edits?

I don't own the Darkwing sets, so I couldn't tell you. Are some Darkwing releases missing some scenes due to syndication edits?
    thats what i heard.... along with ducktales
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

DuckTales and Gummi Bears are my top wants. There is a seller on e-bay that seems to be an official Disney store that is selling Gargoyles and Talespin for fairly cheap.
    Yeah, I actually got Talespin Vol 3 from that seller. The packing slip had an official Disney store logo on it when I received it. The price was like $21.95 (or something akin to that) + $3 or $4 shipping. And I think if you buy multiple items at once, you get combined shipping.

Considering that the price of these things are $19.99 through the club and you still pay shipping on the orders, this ebay seller isn't a bad option to get these things almost at cost minus the hassles that go with joining the club.

I want the DuckTales! I hope they do release it but they don't limit it to the club, though.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah, I actually got Talespin Vol 3 from that seller. The packing slip had an official Disney store logo on it when I received it. The price was like $21.95 (or something akin to that) + $3 or $4 shipping. And I think if you buy multiple items at once, you get combined shipping.

Considering that the price of these things are $19.99 through the club and you still pay shipping on the orders, this ebay seller isn't a bad option to get these things almost at cost minus the hassles that go with joining the club.
    I ordered the Gargoyles set from that same seller. It should be here in a few days. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives.

The Duck Tales Movie, which was an exclusive to the club as well, was seen being sold at some Disney Stores in California and Florida and even some Disney Parks. It's quite possible that these new "exclusive" sets are being sold at the same stores. My friend who was on vacation picked up the Ducktales Movie for me at Disneyland back when it first was released. It had a sticker on the cellophane that said it was a club exclusive eventhough it was for sale at the park.

Hopefully these new sets sell well enough to show Disney there is enough interest in doing more sets. I would love to finish off Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, Duck Tales,...and the rest.