Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Disney Afternoon cartoon releases finally coming to DVD

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    As much as i want to support these releases, I can't for the simple fact the Disney company right now is a joke. They hate anything done under Eisner and would gladly throw these old shows into the vault alongide Songs Of The South, but they've not been as profitable with their newer stuff so they throw us a bone and release these DVDs and did the new comics. But then they do them poorly- syndicated cuts missing scenes, little advertising to let people know they're released, canning the comics "for poor sales" and making it hard to actually buy these DVDs.

Look, Disney, I'm sorry if you hate Eisner, but the cartoons that came about under him are some of the best known since the days of Walt Disney himself. It's not our fault that Cars can't hold a candle to the 90s Disney Afternoon. It's not our fault you've had fewer hits, it's not Eisner's fault, it's your own fault for not trying. Either put some effort into reviving those franchises or don't bother with it at all. Considering the effort you put into your own new stuff, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. For every Wreck-It Ralph, you've produced a bunch of forgettable DTV sequels along with it. Pixar seems to be the last actual thing you have anymore. You bought up Marvel and Star Wars, so what? You'll let your own franchises rot in the process?

I'm sorry for that open letter but the current Disney ownership really seems determined to put the least effort into anything produced under Eisner's time as CEO.

Heroic Warrior
    I keep hoping Disney will make the Don Rosa award winning "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" I think it would make a fine animated feature or more since its big enough for more then one.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    That's odd, I thought I posted this here, but you can get Gargoyles S2V2 off ebay from Disney's store without having to be a club member.

I got it for $26 shipped.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    DuckTales and Gummi Bears are my top wants. There is a seller on e-bay that seems to be an official Disney store that is selling Gargoyles and Talespin for fairly cheap.
    I saw the DuckTales sets at Wal Mart last weekend... They were 9.99 each.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I saw the DuckTales sets at Wal Mart last weekend... They were 9.99 each.
    Only US Volumes 1, 2 and 3...really?

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    Only US Volumes 1, 2 and 3...really?
    Really, all 3 volumes that have been released were at Wal Mart at discount prices.
    Shouldn't really be a huge surprise... These sets were released between 2005 & 2007.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

I can't understand why Disney Movie Club doesn't make the fourth volume, the last one...

Seems to be rumours going around that Ducktales Vol.4 is out in November as another Disney Movie Club exclusive... not sure how true that is...
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Seems to be rumours going around that Ducktales Vol.4 is out in November as another Disney Movie Club exclusive... not sure how true that is...
    There is nothing yet on the internal DMC website... Though I would certainly look forward to final Ducktales & Darkwing Duck sets
    Kowl, the know it owl!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Why Disney Movie Club would make the Vol.4 and Disney Home Video wouldn't make it?

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    Why Disney Movie Club would make the Vol.4 and Disney Home Video wouldn't make it?
    Probably because sales of at least the last set of DuckTales didn't reach Disney's high standards.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they get more volumes out, I really would like to complete my collection of a lot series Disney never finished releasing.