Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics SDCC Rokkon and Stonedar Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics SDCC Rokkon and Stonedar Video Review by Pixel Dan

The Comet Warriors have crash landed! Here's an early look at the upcoming SDCC Exclusive!

Enjoy! Any questions, just ask! I'll do my best to follow up an answer. I've got a pretty busy weekend, though, so don't hold it against me if I can't answer all questions right away.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Could not have thought better way to transform these characters to classics.

Great review! I'm extremely excited about these guys. I can't think of how they could have pulled them off any better.

Is there still no word on Octavia samples?

These figures are beautiful. Both get an A in my book!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Thank you for the review PD! Great as usual!

I can't wait to get these guys! I LOVED them as a kid and they look as if they turned out VERY well. Stonedar's face sculpt looks amazing!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I was always wondering how they would do these figures. I knew it was possible with clip on pieces but I thought it would look terrible. They proved me wrong and they came out really well
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

They look really cool. Looking forward to adding them to my display/collection!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Wowsers, those rock pieces are humongous. Not bad overall, though.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Thanks for great review. I'm still undecided on these.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    They look great! Thanks Dan! Are the heads removable?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    They look great! Thanks Dan! Are the heads removable?
    Yep! Heads pop off just like any figure. Sorry, I should have shown that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    Is there still no word on Octavia samples?
    I've tried my best to spread the word on this, but I know it's hard to get it out there so everyone can see it. Mattel has not received samples of Octavia yet, so they've been unable to send her out for review. There is still a small chance she could come before release, but if not I'll just be reviewing my subscription figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I've tried my best to spread the word on this, but I know it's hard to get it out there so everyone can see it. Mattel has not received samples of Octavia yet, so they've been unable to send her out for review. There is still a small chance she could come before release, but if not I'll just be reviewing my subscription figure.
    No problem, was just hoping that maybe she had come in along with the stone warriors. Also if you don't mind my asking, is your review deal with matty only for MOTUC? What all lines do you officially cover for them? Any chance you get things like that awesome Hotwheels Atari Asteroids surf van? It'd be a cool thing to tie in with Pixels to Plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    They turned out great. Really excited about these figures. Hopefully they'll have a decent amount left for everyone that can't attend SDCC.

Court Magician Grayskull Master's Avatar
    Great figures! Way to go 4 Horsemen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    No problem, was just hoping that maybe she had come in along with the stone warriors. Also if you don't mind my asking, is your review deal with matty only for MOTUC? What all lines do you officially cover for them? Any chance you get things like that awesome Hotwheels Atari Asteroids surf van? It'd be a cool thing to tie in with Pixels to Plastic.
    I review quite a bit for Mattel (and several other companies), but only the Matty stuff (which is mostly MOTUC and DCUC, sometimes WWE). Hot Wheels is it's own division of Mattel. I most likely won't get one of those for review.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I review quite a bit for Mattel (and several other companies), but only the Matty stuff (which is mostly MOTUC and DCUC, sometimes WWE). Hot Wheels is it's own division of Mattel. I most likely won't get one of those for review.
    That's a shame. Was hoping you might get lucky since it's on the matty site for convention preorder. Regardless, I can't wait for the Clamp Champ and Octavia reviews whenever they come out. Thanks again for all the work that goes into these reviews!

Can't wait to get them.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Overall interesting figures, but I thought they were let down by the rock armour. The paint job for the most part, but they just looked a bit too awkward transformed for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior
    I really like the comet warriors! The 4 horsemen did a great job!

But i'm still disappointed that they cut stonedars red bands on his legs! I hope they will come later on, in a accessory-pack or with another figure!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    These look awesome. Nearly perfect actually!

Only things holding them back for me are the plain boring thighs and the Trap-Jaw leg reuse.

If only Mattel had better foresight to know they'd always be so chintzy with tooling dollars the 4H could've been building up a more diverse bank of buck pieces from the get-go.

Definitely one of your best overviews, Dan!

These guys look great. The reuse of parts was pretty smart and effective, in my opinion. The front rock part needed for the final transformation makes a decent diorama piece for the background of a shelf. I don't think I'll display the figures with anything more than one part of arm-rock on.

If you had two sets could you potentially pop off the red clips from Stonedar's leg pieces and use them as the red bands or would this completely tear thing up?

Also with having the extra piece could they have made it bigger and the actual leg and arm pieces smaller?
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    These look awesome. Nearly perfect actually!

Only things holding them back for me are the plain boring thighs and the Trap-Jaw leg reuse.

If only Mattel had better foresight to know they'd always be so chintzy with tooling dollars the 4H could've been building up a more diverse bank of buck pieces from the get-go.

Definitely one of your best overviews, Dan!
    I hear ya. There's already sooo much parts reuse in this line. Back in the earlier days of MOTUC, I always thought the unique characters would get EVERYTHING they had in the vintage line.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    So cool! Very nice review and I am happy with how they turned out. I can't wait to get these guys! The translation to classics was well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I hear ya. There's already sooo much parts reuse in this line. Back in the earlier days of MOTUC, I always thought the unique characters would get EVERYTHING they had in the vintage line.
    So did I. In fact many of us probably did as well. It would be nice to lose the trap jaw legs and arms for a bit. I'm not saying that they don't do decent with what they offer us. I'm just saying that they could be a tad better if they sculpted the arms and legs different for once.
    Last edited by Hordak; June 2, 2013 at 01:24pm.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Am I the only one that thinks the clips are an eye sore. The ones that hold the figure in the rock form. I was planning on displaying them with the armor on, to look like the vintage but I don't think I will. Unless I cut them off, but I don't like altering my figures.