Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He-man Sold Out at Matty. [NOPE, Still available]

Heroic Warrior

He-man Sold Out at Matty. [NOPE, Still available]

Well now people who are coming in late wont get the main two figures of the line. I guess if they are not in by now they never were going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    Well now people who are coming in late wont get the main two figures of the line. I guess if they are not in by now they never were going to be.
    Considering how many people just joined in the last 6 months, it seems very foolish to shut the front door. I imagine they're just taking the stock to the conventions with them. They HAVE TO re-stock He-Man and Skeletor after convention season.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Considering how many people just joined in the last 6 months, it seems very foolish to shut the front door. I imagine they're just taking the stock to the conventions with them. They HAVE TO re-stock He-Man and Skeletor after convention season.
    not necessarily. I remember Scott saying on AskMatty that when Skeletor had sold out, he had in fact, sold out. and no more runs would be made for him. I assume it'll be the same for He-Man, once they're gone, they're gone.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Who's buying He-Man? Customizers? MOC collectors? Outlets? It's baffling that He-Man or Skeletor would sell out.

I smell a 2.0 for both characters in the future. Hopefully to include Flying Fists and Terror Claws armors.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Who's buying He-Man? Customizers? MOC collectors? Outlets? It's baffling that He-Man or Skeletor would sell out.
    They are the two most iconic characters of the MOTU brand, so I would imagine a lot of very casual MOTU fans would buy those two and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I smell a 2.0 for both characters in the future. Hopefully to include Flying Fists and Terror Claws armors.
    That would be the best way to incorporate them, though I hope they don't change the head and keep with continuity since NA He-Man has a similar face and all the previous variant versions of both had the same face (save King He-Man).
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

2.0! 2.0! 2.0!
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    There are always people who have just learned about the line. It was always a matter of time before their total allotment ran out. They've had those He-Man figures up on Matty for almost two years now, right?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I think heman is gone for good. I think it costs mattel alot to keep inventory. So I think once they are out they are out unless if they redo them in a variant. Who can we predict is next to sell out? I am thinking keldor.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Something HAS TO be up. Even if there were no other evergreen figures, in my opinion it goes against all common sense to not have He-Man and Skeletor available to buy.

You know, they do have those new wrists for the NA He-Man. Wanting to encorporate them into the vanilla version of him would make a lot of sense.

2.0! 2.0! 2.0!

I myself was pondering buying another 2, I am a collector & a customizer, but I was thinking of buying 2 more to use the bucks for King He-Man & BA He-Man....since I can live without the gold wife beater on KHM, and the long neck peg on BAHM....but I owuld not be modifying the bucks, I would have packed the extra parts away, so I could always have extra complete He-Men lying around.

Same for Skeletor, I was thinking to buy another to use for my BA Skeletor, since I don't care much for the black furries, painted feet and painted abs. And again just pack away all the extra parts....

And it's not really baffling to me, he would sell out, I think many people like me would not be happy with certain parts on NA He-Man, and could easily have bought extra He-Man figures to replace parts they didn't like. I myself don't care to even have the figure....so mine will be sold off instead of messing with doing any swapping.

I personally hate the new hands, and really hope they don't make it to many other figures. They are not anatomically correct, and they are too big, but as I said, I wouldn't waste the money on a third He-Man to do parts swapping, and I hate the new hands, so I would never use them on anyone else....so NA He-Man to me is a worthless figure.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Aww dang it! Now what am I gonna do

I also think he's gone for good. But I would very much like a 2.0 like Eamon suggested on RGD, with the enhanced detail and paint ops. I'm pretty sure it won't happen because I think MOTUC has to pinch its pennies these days. But it's nice to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I also think he's gone for good. But I would very much like a 2.0 like Eamon suggested on RGD, with the enhanced detail and paint ops. I'm pretty sure it won't happen because I think MOTUC has to pinch its pennies these days. But it's nice to dream.
    They have a second sub AND Castle Grayskull this year. They overcharge us for shipping and "handling." The basic price of all of their products went up this year. I don't see them pinching pennies. Yes, they re-use some parts here and there, but that's always been the case.
    Last edited by No-Ah; June 2, 2013 at 11:01pm.

Heroic Warrior
    With how positive the PR speak has been lately, I think there's something coming down the pipeline. Maybe not in time for SDCC, but by the end of the year we will have some pretty amazing news for the Brand, if not MOTUC.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Yeah, since they get no outside funding for the line besides subs, and they were down for 2013....

And since the Castle relied on pre-orders to even get past the drawing phase, I'd say we're lucky to even have it this year, despite things being cut from it, and being made smaller (hence not enough pennies)....had MOTUC had more dough, they could have done much more for 2013, but because of the subs, they don't. Not to mention, a 2.0 He-Man would eat up a much needed place for a new figure....maybe if we see a 2016....maybe we can finally look forward to 2.0 He-Man & A Filmation Hordak....would be nice....(but in my opinion....I hate to see NA's hands again)
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

They have a second sub AND Castle Grayskull this year. They overcharge us for shipping and "handling." The basic price of all of their products went up this year. I don't see them pinching pennies. Yes, they re-use some parts here and there, but that's always been the case.
    I'm fairly confident in my speculation that they do pinch those pennies where possible out of necessity.

Based on what they said, MOTUC subs were in danger at one point last year. I have reason to believe this was true. And given the natural slump of most toy lines as time passes, MOTUC is technically past its prime in terms of the speculators and casual collectors who populated the line early on.

I'm NOT trying to bring doom and gloom. I'm merely trying to bring a realistic outlook to the table so we, as fans, might also keep ourselves in check about what we should expect. I've talked to enough folks outside of Scott involved in MOTUC to know this line is here in part because of the passionate and dedicated fans who collect this line, a number of which are on no doubt on these forums. Few other toy lines have this kind of fan base.

So, I firmly believe we're almost down to just hardcore collectors that constitute a smaller number of subscribers. It says a lot about fan power to keep this line going. BUT, sculpting/paint-app limitations and production expense reflects that reduction in subscribers, no matter how the Mattel overhead factors into it to justify keeping the line alive.

The high cost of shipping from DR, though? That I can't explain. Yes, shipping costs ARE high in general these days. DR costs, though... not sure what that's about. That's something DR has to explain. That one definitely seems out of whack to me.

I'm fairly confident in my speculation that they do pinch those pennies where possible out of necessity.

Based on what they said, MOTUC subs were in danger at one point last year. I have reason to believe this was true. And given the natural slump of most toy lines as time passes, MOTUC is technically past its prime in terms of the speculators and casual collectors who populated the line early on.

I'm NOT trying to bring doom and gloom. I'm merely trying to bring a realistic outlook to the table so we, as fans, might also keep ourselves in check about what we should expect. I've talked to enough folks outside of Scott involved in MOTUC to know this line is here in part because of the passionate and dedicated fans who collect this line, a number of which are on no doubt on these forums. Few other toy lines have this kind of fan base.

So, I firmly believe we're almost down to just hardcore collectors that constitute a smaller number of subscribers. It says a lot about fan power to keep this line going. BUT, sculpting/paint-app limitations and production expense reflects that reduction in subscribers, no matter how the Mattel overhead factors into it to justify keeping the line alive.

The high cost of shipping from DR, though? That I can't explain. Yes, shipping costs ARE high in general these days. DR costs, though... not sure what that's about. That's something DR has to explain. That one definitely seems out of whack to me.
    Careful, you might need proof to back your story up....And realistic outlooks may be frowned upon....

I subbed for the first time this year if that tells you anything about how much I love MOTUC, even though I don't like or want every figure. I support the line, but I look at the line realistically, and try to be positive, but positivity only can go so far when you see things in real light.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Careful, you might need proof to back your story up...
    True. Everyone has to take what I say in instances like this with a grain of salt. I have no reason to mislead, but without proof, any story can easily be perceived as dubious. I don't fault anyone who chooses not to believe what I say due to the undefined nature of it.

And realistic outlooks may be frowned upon....
    LOL! I hope not. I think at the heart of it, we all are realistic deep down, even when we speak out against that gut feeling.

Well, I've said it all before, but based on the skyrocketing secondary prices and a few other factors I actually think the line is in better shape now than a year ago.In terms of speculators, those Fistos and Beast-Men have never been worth more than they are now. Who knows what will happen, but I'm predicting things peak a few months after Grayskull is released, assuming they don't do anything else to advertise or re-energize things.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    They are the two most iconic characters of the MOTU brand, so I would imagine a lot of very casual MOTU fans would buy those two and no one else.
    I haven't been on the particular He-Man sales page on Matty Collector for ages... no reason to go there. I ask, did anyone else notice if it said "almost gone" at any point, or did it just do a "now I'm here, now I'm gone" maneuver?

10 bucks sez 2.0

Here are some tweaks I'd like to see for 2.0...

He-Man - use NA He-Man's hands, use TP He-Man's shins (no ankle pin and they aren't usually loose), re-sculpt head and or hair, slight color adjustments, and softer fur below the belt (for easier posing sitting down).

Skeletor - new head sculpt, Fang Man's shins (no ankle pins), softer groin piece (for easier posing sitting down), Havok staff has ball behind ram horns, forearms don't have "fins" like in the cartoons.

These could easily become Filmation versions of the figs. Not sure if they'd go that far, but a 2.0 would be welcome by all of us I'm sure. I'd re-buy him!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Well, I've said it all before, but based on the skyrocketing secondary prices and a few other factors I actually think the line is in better shape now than a year ago.In terms of speculators, those Fistos and Beast-Men have never been worth more than they are now. Who knows what will happen, but I'm predicting things peak a few months after Grayskull is released, assuming they don't do anything else to advertise or re-energize things.
    It's always possible! But I think increased 2ndary prices for certain figures at this point may speak more to their demand due to rarity rather than demand due to popularity of the line. There's also recent figures on ebay folks can't seem to move at consistent profit, let alone break-even like Dekker, Eternos Palace King Randor, Frosta, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    10 bucks sez 2.0

Here are some tweaks I'd like to see for 2.0...

He-Man - use NA He-Man's hands, use TP He-Man's shins (no ankle pin and they aren't usually loose), re-sculpt head and or hair, slight color adjustments, and softer fur below the belt (for easier posing sitting down).

Skeletor - new head sculpt, Fang Man's shins (no ankle pins), softer groin piece (for easier posing sitting down), Havok staff has ball behind ram horns, forearms don't have "fins" like in the cartoons.

These could easily become Filmation versions of the figs. Not sure if they'd go that far, but a 2.0 would be welcome by all of us I'm sure. I'd re-buy him!
    I'm with you. It makes more sense than any alternative, and I'd bet we'll hear all about it at SDCC!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    I haven't been on the particular He-Man sales page on Matty Collector for ages... no reason to go there. I ask, did anyone else notice if it said "almost gone" at any point, or did it just do a "now I'm here, now I'm gone" maneuver?
    I bought a Keldor and a weapons pack yesterday, He-Man DID NOT say almost gone at that time. I'm guessing the remaining He-Man and Windraider stock is off to the conventions....