Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: would you buy this flimation subscription ?

would you buy this flimation subscription ?

Would you buy this 12 figure sub of filmation versions of Motu if made (all repaints)

1 He-man
    2 Prince Adam w/Cringer
    3 Teela
    4 Hordak
    5 Skeletor
    6 Mer-man
    7 Trap jaw
    8 Zodac
    9 Evil-Lyn
    10 Clawful
    11 Man at arms
    12 She-ra with the silver sword

and i would buy atleast 3 subs how about you guys?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mitchyba...ow=grid&view=0 my youtube chanel with my he-man collection please take a look and subscribe always updating my motu

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The only ones I'd be interested in having off that list are:

Teela
    Hordak
    Mer-Man
    Evil-Lyn
    Clawful

as they are all in different enough to justify buying them.

I'm not really interested in a Filmation He-Man or Skeletor. Prince Adam in pastel shades won't interest me that much - I'd definitely be up for a DC Prince Adam though - blue jacket and bare legs.

We already have a Filmation Zodac - the DC one which came with Green Lantern.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Nope. I think what we have is a nice mix of everything. Sure Clawful could have less eyebrow but he's ok.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Hordak is the only one I'd be interested in.

From that list, probably only Hordak and Clawful would appeal to me. I would much rather get a variant POP toy line sub.

Last edited by Tallstar; June 3, 2013 at 08:33am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

No.
    Most of those are, sadly, far too similar to the already made Classics Figures.

He-Man: Unless this He-Man had the 2.0 Forearms to hold his sword aloft, he'd be the exact same thing as the TRU 2 pack one.

Adam + Cringer: He'd need the 2.0 Forearms as well, a new vest to keep his sword on his back and Cringer would need to be Articulated (which is unlikely) or be in a new pose.

Teela: She'd be easy to sell since Teela has not been reissued. But she would need a new head and vest to make her more like Filmation, less like the toy.

Hordak: New Head, Armor, Cowl, New Shoulders similar to Trap Jaw's in order to make the Arm-cannon transformation, new Arm-cannon arm.

Skeletor: New Loincloth, new head, new Forearms, Keldor boots... even then he's still too similar to the Skeletor from the TRU 2 pack.

Merman: He'd need a new head and armor (The current armor would not work with the Filmation head.) Still too similar to Merman. (He was among the figures that popped up as the "Gift" for the Frosta forearm issue. Mattel had to give away their MerMan just to get rid of him.)

Trap Jaw: He's pretty much a Repaint...

Zodac: TRU 2 pack Zodac is pretty much Filmation Zodac.

Evil Lyn: that would be a Battleground Evil Lyn repaint... which was an Evil Lyn repaint... The sooner we back away from Evil Lyn Repaints, the better.

Clawful: I don't like that look for him, BUT Mattel COULD get away with it. All it needs is a new head and Armor (worst case scenario, reuse Merman's)

11: He's pretty much a repaint... Not to mention that Mattel STILL has to get rid of their Normal MAA stock.

12: We already have a Filmation She-Ra. Now if they find a way for her to hold her sword aloft...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Not in the least bit interested in this. I'd want the Hordak, that's virtually it.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

No way, no how.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I am not sure about others, but I would certainly buy 3-5 subs !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I'd pass on this sub. I am not interested in Filmation styled characters at all...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Not a chance.

A Filmation subscription I would be interested in us

Scorpia
    Madame Razz / Broom
    Huntara
    Strongarm
    Lord Masque
    Vultak
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Hordak, yes....the rest, just need heads.

I doubt I would be willing to buy this UNTIL all the vintage figures are made. Once all the vintage are done, and the line is in a lull, then I would buy it.

Also, I think only a Filmation heads pack is necessary at this point. No need to really do entire figures.

Not for me. I don't have much interest in Filmation versions of characters we already have. I am all for additional heads appearing as a bonus (like they did with Alcala Skeletor etc) but I wouldn't want to buy the same characters again like this.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Not a chance.

A Filmation subscription I would be interested in us

Scorpia
    Madame Razz / Broom
    Huntara
    Strongarm
    Lord Masque
    Vultak
    THIS ^ I would also want.

Filmation subscriptions are not about repaints they are to get us all new characters we don't have Like Kittrina, Queen Elmora, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork etc.

To all of these....yes....well maybe....

4 Hordak (I have a custom I did, so yes, I would love one)
    5 Skeletor (would be more than a simple repaint)
    6 Mer-man (I would say only a head and armor, but I dislike the 4 fingered hands on the original, so I'd want a new figure, knowing they'll never sell correct hands for him)
    10 Clawful (I prefer the Filmation design to the Vintage toy)
    11 Man at arms (I have a custom I did, so yes....again, I would love one, would be more than a simple repaint)

Possibly....

3 Teela (I wouldn't mind a Filmation version, but I could live with what we got, but maybe a new head with someone)
    9 Evil-Lyn (I wouldn't mind a Filmation version, but I could live with what we got)

To all of these....not so much....

1 He-man (the Classics He-Man is Filmation enough for me....I just want the head, sword and sheath to come with someone else)
    2 Prince Adam w/Cringer (Prince Adam would simply be a repaint, so not really)
    7 Trap jaw (The Classics is close enough, only a paint job difference....they could include his Filmation accessories though with someone)
    8 Zodac (technically we have a Filmation Zodac....the TRU version)
    12 She-ra with the silver sword (She-Ra is close enough, and you can get her silver sword in a Weapons pack or something)

So to be honest, not sure I'd buy a full sub, but I'd buy a few of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    THIS ^ I would also want.

Filmation subscriptions are not about repaints they are to get us all new characters we don't have Like Kittrina, Queen Elmora, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork etc.
    No, the 2013 Filmation sub is not about repaints....no one said all Filmation subs would not be about repaints, just this years for now. If we get another for 2014, then it could be anything.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 3, 2013 at 11:56am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Nope, I would pass on such a sub.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

this would be a HUGE PASS for me....
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I might cherry pick a couple figures from a line like this, but a full sub? No way.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I'd buy such a sub cos I'm struck by the completist disease but there are a lot of higher priority figures on my list.

Skeletor, Teela, Evil Lyn, Trap Jaw and Hordak are the main ones from that list that could really deserve a variant figure.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

No, I'm not interested in variants, so I would not buy any of these figures.

Very big "Heck No." I have almost zero interest in any toon versions of characters we already have. I'd take a Hordak repaint and that's about it.

Now, as Tally mentioned, a Vintage Toy styled PoP line would be a hit with me. I WANT that She-Ra and that Catra!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Nope. I would like Hordak, Trap-Jaw, and Tongue Lasher though.

Nah, maybe on Hordak and Clawful since they look different enough. Actually I'd just use the Hordak and put the UK Horde Prime's head on there to make some sort of new Horde character.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Filmation is where it's at for MOTU, but that said I'd only really be interested in a few of those figures. They would also have to have now parts not just straight repaints.

Teela
    Evil-Lyn
    Hordak
    "Don't crowd me boys!"