Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.101!

I had hoped that Mattel's decision to incorporate a slightly alternate NA storyline into MOTUC than the original would have seen some changes like Sorceress not being sucked into a computer and the powers of Castle Grayskull transferred into the Millenium Falcon. I can now see that Scott has tried to stick true to the appalling vintage NA storyline in homage by killing off the Sorceress anyway (completely unnecesarily) and now wiping out Grayskull.

I don't care about Scott's 'all in' bio-canon. No version of NA or the drained Grayskull or Starship Eternia exists in my MOTU universe.

For that matter, none of Scott's deaths occur in my universe either.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Scott wrote the bios...he eliminated Castle Grayskull...CASTLE GRAYSKULL.
    King He-Man and Queen Teela moved into the Eternia Towers. Better view.

I know. It's alarming. Castle Grayskull is such a joke in TG's canon. It's just an old fortress that Tytus built for King Grayskull in the bios (which is similar to the current DC Canon). It's merely where the power is held, the place isn't a wonder on it's own. In the comics now, Adam doesn't need Grayskull at all since he is the Power!

But wow...IN MY CANON™, I've always though as Castle Grayskull as this indestructible place of power built by unknown hands, which was capable of housing the power of the universe and all of these secrets. Even the oldest beings on Eternia maintain that it has always existed.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 4, 2013 at 09:10am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I know. It's alarming. Castle Grayskull is such a joke in TG's canon. It's just an old fortress that Tytus built for King Grayskull in the bios (which is similar to the current DC Canon). It's merely where the power is held, the place isn't a wonder on it's own. In the comics now, Adam doesn't need Grayskull at all since he is the Power!

But wow...IN MY CANON™, I've always though as Castle Grayskull as this indestructible place of power built by unknown hands, which was capable of housing the power of the universe and all of these secrets. Even the oldest beings on Eternia maintain that it has always existed.
    Pretty much where I am at.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

We always assumed that the Castle (Grayskull) was the most important thing, but it's actually the power inside. I am more interested to know what has happened to all that power.

And for the life of me, I don't understand WHY Teela has to be the sorceress anyway. She would be the last person I would consider for such a post.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    We always assumed that the Castle (Grayskull) was the most important thing, but it's actually the power inside. I am more interested to know what has happened to all that power.

And for the life of me, I don't understand WHY Teela has to be the sorceress anyway. She would be the last person I would consider for such a post.
    Teela is the Sorceress' daughter...or in some canons, is a lesser version of the Sorceress herself. That's why she's chosen. The thing is that we see her when she is far from ready, which is the point. Teela herself doesn't know her destiny. That's why she doesn't seem anything like the Sorceress.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

That's not Blast Attak, Scott. That's Dragstor. Blast Attak is to the right of Gygor in that picture.

Ugh...The more Scott makes up these names, the more we get taken for the Pebblass.

Sorceress is dead. Stratos is dead, Hordak is dead, ALL of the Snake Men are dead, Man-At-Arms...dead. And now, Castle Grayskull no longer exists. I think Scott wants to wipe clean anything involving vintage MOTU in favor of his own "Son of He-Man" fan fiction.

I'm so sick of vague answers. They know the plan for the next two years. They've been saying they know for a while now. How hard is it to look at the list and say, "They are not on the production list during 2014/2015" Or, "Yes, we will be getting to them at some point in the "allstar" years." They've already implied other characters will make it into the subs of 2014 and 2015, like Two-Bad and Scorpia. If they can do that, why can't they do the same for other characters? They don't have to say what month or even what year, but it is nice to know if they are indeed planned.

Interesting, because in a different question, they say..."While Mattel helped with the designs and provided input, these are DC created looks for the characters for the DC storyline and cannon." So, which is it...Is Mattel involved or not? According to one artist..."I usually do a few versions and send it out to Mattel and get a cool redraw from one of their supremely talented designers or artists that ties up where I was trying to go with the design. They make it all "MotU" for me." He continues to say, "I don't know for sure but I'd assume Mattel, since it's their property. Now, I have to state that I'm kind of a spectator as well since I only draw the book and have no real input with the story or much of the designs but I know those guys at Mattel are very brilliant and disgustingly talented."

I find it funny that neither Mattel nor the artists or writers want to take credit for the redesigns.
    Well said and I totally agree with you King Tumask. Scott is treating the MOTU cannon as his own personal sandbox and is turning it into a litterbox.

Castle Grayskull is an icon for the whole franchise. I'm sure this idea of Grayskull turning to rubble has to do with Filmation concept for NA. If a concept for a spin off series did not go into production, there's a reason for that, it sucked.

As for Pebbl-ass and Bould-or, they're worse then some of the "real names" we gotten with the bios. Leave the writing and creating to those best suited for such things.

This is all just sad.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    so if there is no CG why do we need a Sorceress (who's job it was to protect CG)???

I'm not going to go up in arms, my feelings toward's Scott's fiction is well documented. This just keeps solidifying how I feel. I find it funny how he kills important things off before they come out as toys (beings from eternia's past don't count though, they were dead during the current story) Sure you can argue that the telling of this story is all past tense but that will just add to justify my feelings on Scott's writing and the format. the bio format is a TERRIBLE vehicle to tell a narrative. it should be nothing but a blurb about a character's personality and powers.
    Having a brand manager write fiction makes as much sense as putting an engineer in charge of public relations. No offense to Scott, but a marketing guy really has no business writing these stories. They should have put a proper creative person in charge of story development.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    See, this is what I think as well. Folks should try to think things through a bit rather than get very knee-jerk emotional about statements like "Castle Grayskull no longer exists." Instead of wondering why or trying to figure it out, all of a sudden it's "Off with Scott's head!!!" instead... LOL.
    That's where I'm at with it as well. We don't even know the details yet and we know these bio stories haven't been the best means to deliver a complex story. I also don't like the idea of Grayskull no longer being important to a MOTU story. But still, this is just one story and I'm curious where it will go. Even if the MOTUC Castle Grayskull is blown up with Eternian Dynamite and they sell pieces of it for years down at the Eternos Giftshop, it's merely a future plot device in this particular canon and I'm not fussed about it. I always have the Filmation/mini-comic canon which I prefer.

That being said, I definitely understand the emotional response to major change of a much loved element of the brand in any MOTU story and don't fault anyone for being upset. But just in case anyone fears that whatever happens in this canon is permanent and that all future incarnations must follow it, please put those concerns to rest. Mattel isn't going to axe one of the most iconic playsets of all time from the brand. Castle Grayskull will live on in a new movie or new cartoon, which I'm still hoping we get!

Heroic Warrior
    Just another in a long line of what I feel are absolutely bad decisions. I can't believe the one person who is supposed to promote the brand is trying to kill it in favour of his own personal MotU Verse.

Yeah, I could see Castle Grayskull being gone ALL the way forward to that point. Personally I thought THE SPOT was the strange nexus to all places in time and space, and the Castle was built over it to protect THE SPOT (and then many peices of technology and magic from anywhere in time and space had been collected there over the centuries). Then again, I'm doin' my own thing in terms of story so they can do whatever they want.

Everyone knows that the toyline could die at any moment too, right? If that ends, how will your story progress with no one telling you how it goes and subsequently ticking you off with the answers?

But hey, lets ignore that for a second and go back to Grayskull: You honestly thing NOTHING - no matter how far the story goes or how much changes or who has what children and what power gets passed to whom - nothing would ever change? Ever? EVER? The Castle would never fall? And then of course - the Castle falling wouldn't ever be considered anything but BAD? Maybe something happens in the future that makes it good that the Castle falls and the Power is dispursed? Maybe it's good that ONE place doesn't hold all the power. Maybe that's what the Twins were trying to do? MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE I dunno how about using your minds a little and seeing this as anything OTHER than Toyguru wiping away the vintage slate - since you know...he didn't. It still exists - and think of it as the possible events far in the future?

I mean what in the world did you expect the future to be like for these characters? He-Man is King, Teela is Queen, the Castle still stands and no badguy ever tries to get at it again? Or maybe Skeletor just lives on and keeps coming back and the future is just more He-man VS Skeletor so everyone is right in thier familiar comfort zone and nothing changes?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Just another in a long line of what I feel are absolutely bad decisions. I can't believe the one person who is supposed to promote the brand is trying to kill it in favour of his own personal MotU Verse.
    That's interesting idea... TG gets ripped for introducing his ideas since he's in charge of the brand, but if YOU were in charge of MOTU canon, what would YOU change?

I know three things I would change.

I know that the fandom prefers Teela as a redhead and she would be this way 80% to 90% of the time, but I would introduce the idea that she appears as a blonde occasionally and free interchanges her leotard and bikini outfits. It's sort of like how there's the Gray Hulk, Black Spider-Man, Silver and Red Iron Man, Brown and Orange Wolverine, etc.

Orko would be played a bit more seriously. While I wouldn't have him getting grounded or have him running away anymore, he would be a extremely cunning low-level magician, but screws up trying higher level spells.

I'd merge Etheria with Eternia and "warrior queen" the POP characters up with more intricate costumes, furry boots and the Teela/Evil-Lyn bracers.

Heroic Warrior
    That's interesting idea... TG gets ripped for introducing his ideas since he's in charge of the brand, but if YOU were in charge of MOTU canon, what would YOU change?

I know three things I would change.

I know that the fandom prefers Teela as a redhead and she would be this way 80% to 90% of the time, but I would introduce the idea that she appears as a blonde occasionally and free interchanges her leotard and bikini outfits. It's sort of like how there's the Gray Hulk, Black Spider-Man, Silver and Red Iron Man, Brown and Orange Wolverine, etc.

Orko would be played a bit more seriously. While I wouldn't have him getting grounded or have him running away anymore, he would be a extremely cunning low-level magician, but screws up trying higher level spells.

I'd merge Etheria with Eternia and "warrior queen" the POP characters up with more intricate costumes, furry boots and the Teela/Evil-Lyn bracers.
    Those are pretty cool ideas.

I always feel small "self enclosed" stories are better than big sweeping historical events that nearly always destroy the main things that draw people to a property. Bigger isn't always better. Eternia is a big place, CG has a LOT of history. Explore that before destroying it and replacing it with the Spector brigade.

Heroic Warrior
    Scott wrote the bios...he eliminated Castle Grayskull...CASTLE GRAYSKULL.
    First of all... Scott did not destroy Castle Grayskull. Whoever wrote the HORRIBLE NA minicomics did. IN MOTU lore... The castle was destroyed 25 years ago... He just didn't choose to CHANGE that. He SHOULD have... but he didn't. He's keeping the HORRIBLE 'No Adam/Starship Eternia sucked up grayskull's power' storyline from the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Well said and I totally agree with you King Tumask. Scott is treating the MOTU cannon as his own personal sandbox and is turning it into a litterbox.

Castle Grayskull is an icon for the whole franchise. I'm sure this idea of Grayskull turning to rubble has to do with Filmation concept for NA. If a concept for a spin off series did not go into production, there's a reason for that, it sucked.
    I agree... However someone reminded me a couple years ago... that even in the 80's, Grayskull had been largely ignored by the time the line ended... Once the three towers showed up, everyone started fighting over THEM... Sorceress got to leave the castle... Hordak never really showed MUCh interest in Grayskull at all... the franchise had moved on to the 'next' big thing...

Personally i wish MOTUC was more about FIXING the bad ideas.... rather than CELEBRATING the wrong turns in the MOTU history... but these are not 'original' ideas by scott... The castle was destroyed in the NA comics... the castle was destroyed at the end of the Star comic series... It's a been there done that situation.

As for Pebbl-ass and Bould-or, they're worse then some of the "real names" we gotten with the bios. Leave the writing and creating to those best suited for such things.
    Yep!! leave it to the professionals who came up with names like Rokkon and Stonedar... wait...

Honestly I think Bould-or sounds like he fits right in... Pebb-lass? I don't like it for simple way it leads to puns and mocking... It's a poor name. Bould-or? Fits in with the other two just fine.

Once again he does not answer my question, this is the second time that i included pics and TG is either contradicts himself with the answer or point in the total wrong direction. The first time i asked about snowthief and golden rod, golden rod and Snow thief.jpg still have no idea who they are and second time I asked about these 2 unnamed long necked snakeman.jpg are. Its frustrating cause these new names appear yet no backstory no mention of who or what they are , and yet we get 2 chances a month to ask questions and they aren't answered properly.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    First of all... Scott did not destroy Castle Grayskull. Whoever wrote the HORRIBLE NA minicomics did. IN MOTU lore... The castle was destroyed 25 years ago... He just didn't choose to CHANGE that. He SHOULD have... but he didn't. He's keeping the HORRIBLE 'No Adam/Starship Eternia sucked up grayskull's power' storyline from the 80's.

I agree... However someone reminded me a couple years ago... that even in the 80's, Grayskull had been largely ignored by the time the line ended... Once the three towers showed up, everyone started fighting over THEM... Sorceress got to leave the castle... Hordak never really showed MUCh interest in Grayskull at all... the franchise had moved on to the 'next' big thing...

Personally i wish MOTUC was more about FIXING the bad ideas.... rather than CELEBRATING the wrong turns in the MOTU history... but these are not 'original' ideas by scott... The castle was destroyed in the NA comics... the castle was destroyed at the end of the Star comic series... It's a been there done that situation.
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/sub...id=52&subid=27

Phantom, the Castle was never destroyed in the NA mini-comics. You can read for yourself in the link I've provided. The power of the universe was transferred from the Castle to the Starship (just like how the Eternia Towers made Grayskull unimportant, Mattel tried to make Starship Eternia the Grayskull of NA). He-Man even wanted to return the power to the Castle, but the Sorceress told him that they were stuck in the future!

Nope, destroying the Castle is all TG this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    But hey, lets ignore that for a second and go back to Grayskull: You honestly thing NOTHING - no matter how far the story goes or how much changes or who has what children and what power gets passed to whom - nothing would ever change? Ever? EVER? The Castle would never fall?
    No, I didn't think they'd be foolish enough to destroy the Castle in any story line. But that's a far cry from expecting nothing to ever change.
    By the ancients!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    No, I didn't think they'd be foolish enough to destroy the Castle in any story line. But that's a far cry from expecting nothing to ever change.
    It happended before. In the last issue of the Star Comics. The story was Life Time. In an alternate future Skeletor conquered Grayskull, ruled for 30 years and in the end it was destroyed with him. But that was mereley a vision of a possible future in which Adam refused the Powers of Grayskull.
    So, here is what the MotUC Canon is now: A a terrible vision of a possible Future.
    At least we have Filmation and MYP, the old(!) Comics and some exiting radio plays. All brought to life through the fantastic MotUC figures. Screw some haphazard fanfiction written by someone who is the brand manager by any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Its frustrating cause these new names appear yet no backstory no mention of who or what they are , and yet we get 2 chances a month to ask questions and they aren't answered properly.
    I can make up a story for ya if you want. But it involves Orko, a bolo, a physics exam and a coconut pie.

In regards to Niki's question, I wonder if Pebblass is a joke. I get it... Pebble and Lass. But it reads Pebble ASS! I don't want a pebble ass figure.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Pebblass ????!!! Wasn't Quartzina available?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Snappy Threader
    Gotta say, Pebblass is one fine name for a rock girl. And Grayskull.....if TG destroys it, I just ignore that part of the bios like I did with Snake Man-At-Arms...no biggie to me.

Yeah I don't like the Castle Grayskull no longer existing comment either. For me, Castle Grayskull has always been invincible, situated at the very center of the universe. It always will exist.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKant View Post
    It happended before. In the last issue of the Star Comics. The story was Life Time. In an alternate future Skeletor conquered Grayskull, ruled for 30 years and in the end it was destroyed with him. But that was mereley a vision of a possible future in which Adam refused the Powers of Grayskull.
    So, here is what the MotUC Canon is now: A a terrible vision of a possible Future.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKant View Post
    At least we have Filmation and MYP, the old(!) Comics and some exiting radio plays. All brought to life through the fantastic MotUC figures. Screw some haphazard fanfiction written by someone who is the brand manager by any chance.
    Amen!
    By the ancients!!!

I agree completely. Grayskull is older than the world and will still be there when the world is gone. The power of the Elder's may well be there, but it's not all that matters about Grayskull!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    See, this is what I think as well. Folks should try to think things through a bit rather than get very knee-jerk emotional about statements like "Castle Grayskull no longer exists." Instead of wondering why or trying to figure it out, all of a sudden it's "Off with Scott's head!!!" instead... LOL.
    Why is Dare, Son of He-Man necessary then? Where does his power come from in Grayskull is gone? He uses the power sword, according to Scott, that's why King He-Man came with the banged up MYP sword.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Worst decision ever. I like the part about giving the POP characters intricate costumes, though.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."