Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 92

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.101!

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior whbinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

    Phantom, the Castle was never destroyed in the NA mini-comics.

    Nope, destroying the Castle is all TG this time.

    Mini-comics, no. The Series Bible did refer to the ruins of Grayskull existing outside of Levitan. Although Jack claims that part of the Bible was written by someone at Mattel and not his intent towards Primus.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakram1701 View Post
    Castle Grayskull no longer exists?! WHAT THE *BLEEP*?!
    Exactly. Feels like I missed something.

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Well according to the bios, Adam tapped into both the power of the Universe and the wisdom of the Elders during his New Adventures, so it seems to me both he and Adora are the ultimate fulfillment of the prophecy and Grayskull is no longer needed to house the power because the twins contain it. Granted, this is just speculation on my part.
    I like your thinking.

  3. #53
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,751





    seriously…

    i dont know what to say.

    Weird answers…

    I do get the feeling the questions weret answered respectfully or the answer weret thought through…either way not good if you ask me.
    Last edited by Niki; June 4, 2013 at 06:51pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  4. #54
    Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ELDERSburg, MD
    Posts
    1,750
    Bould-or, sounds a lot like Boulder (from Tonka's Rock Lords). If there was only a Rock Lords Classics line, my heart would be complete.

    Pebblass. I actually don't mind it, it's corny and has a terrible pun quality.

    As for Castle Grayskull, people, ignore the bios! They're pretty terrible. Don't waste your time fretting over them. MOTU has no real canon, and never will. The MOTUC bios were only written to justify more figures. Nothing more, nothing less. I highly doubt Random House is going to ask Mattel to create a novel out of these stories.

    The only canon that matters is your own at this point (and well, whatever was written during the original line, at least I feel so, even those 80's ones don't agree much with each other).

  5. #55
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,020
    *fights urge to start "SHOW SUPPORT FOR PEBBLE ASS" thread in the character support forum*
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  6. #56
    Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ELDERSburg, MD
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    *fights urge to start "SHOW SUPPORT FOR PEBBLE ASS" thread in the character support forum*
    Do it, I promise you'll have at least one reply!

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake of Gnarl
    Posts
    1,584
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

    As for Castle Grayskull, people, ignore the bios! They're pretty terrible. Don't waste your time fretting over them. MOTU has no real canon, and never will. The MOTUC bios were only written to justify more figures. Nothing more, nothing less. I highly doubt Random House is going to ask Mattel to create a novel out of these stories.
    Unfortunately stuff from the bios does show up in contemporary comics
    By the ancients!!!


    Lich Leech feedback thread

  8. #58
    Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ELDERSburg, MD
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Unfortunately stuff from the bios does show up in contemporary comics
    True. That's part of the reason I don't read the new comics.

    I do feel bad for those that want new MOTU comics and end up ultimately disappointed.

    Just make up your own canon, that's my best advice. We actually understand the mythos, brand, and characters. Unless you get a real long-time and knowlegeable fan to write and draw these new comics/stories, I see no hope for new MOTU adventures that will please us.

  9. #59
    A Real Master Of Arms nato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,167
    Castle Grayskull no longer exists?????


    Well, that's cool with me. I can easily play that canon when I cancel my Grayskull order for lack of size. Castle Grayskull will not exist in my house.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

    Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,648
    Sit down and think it through?

    Scott drops a bomb out of nowhere and you want us to stay calm and think it through?

    ok. I'll give it a try.

    wait. didn't someone in MYP have a dream/vision that the castle crumbled because of King Hisssssssssssssssss? wasn't it ZodaK?

  11. #61
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,305
    the true reason why Castle Grayskull no longer exists when Teela is Queen is because she tells her husband, King He-Man, that "it would look better over there". However he throws it a bit too hard and it ends up in orbit
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  12. #62
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    845
    Really? TG had to wipe Grayskull out of existence? Grayskull's the cornerstone of the whole mythos for me, even more than He-man.

    Personally, I don't want my own cannon. I don't want to take my toys home and play by myself.

    I didn't think my opinion could get even lower, but it has. What's next? Does Spector wake up and realize that all of MOTU was a dream, a world of his creation?

    And as far as the answer about Teela's appearance is concerned, I wish TG would give a straight answer. Sometimes Mattel plays a part in the process, sometimes it doesn't. The determining factor, I think, is whether or not Mattel's involvement betters or worsens Mattel's image.

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,352
    Awww, yeaah!!!

    pebble.jpg

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Why is Dare, Son of He-Man necessary then? Where does his power come from in Grayskull is gone? He uses the power sword, according to Scott, that's why King He-Man came with the banged up MYP sword.
    That's a good question. I guess my answer is that just because the castle is gone doesn't mean the power is gone. The power could be in the 3 Towers, Starship Eternia, or maybe the twins themselves. We already know (according to the bios) that Adam permanently becomes He-Man once he gains the wisdom of the Elders and the power of Starship Eternia, so that could imply he is now fully capable of housing the power himself, or along with his sister. I like the idea of speculating of seeing how this works post-New Adventures.

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior tycondrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    298
    wow killing of castle grayskull interesting I guess this is were it leads to NA-heman and the reason for the new power sword ? becasue grayskull is no more he still has to be able to say by the power of grayskull so I guess they made some way for that power to be stored in the sword. I take its its gonna be something like this. the castle has fallen, He-man and queen Teela have Dare son of He-man. once he is old enough Dare becomes the protector of Eternia while He-man gets the call to join the Galactic Guardians.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Ridureyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,748
    It probably becomes redundant when the power gets transferred to Adam directly before he flies off into space.

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    wow killing of castle grayskull interesting I guess this is were it leads to NA-heman and the reason for the new power sword ? becasue grayskull is no more he still has to be able to say by the power of grayskull so I guess they made some way for that power to be stored in the sword. I take its its gonna be something like this. the castle has fallen, He-man and queen Teela have Dare son of He-man. once he is old enough Dare becomes the protector of Eternia while He-man gets the call to join the Galactic Guardians.
    Not quite right. According to Scotts History Lessons (aka the bios) the New Adventures Period preceeds the times when Dare is the protector of Eternia. So the Castle has to fall after He-Man went to Space or soon after he returned to Eternia.

  18. #68
    AZ Mazter Shokoti's Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The House of Darkness
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    3. Shokoti's Slave: How is it possible for Teela to become both the Queen of Eternia as well as the new Sorceress of Grayskull?

    Her mother had to sever all ties like relationships in order to protect the power inside of Grayskull. How can Teela not have to do the same? She can't exactly protect Grayskull from the Royal Palace. Castle Grayskull no longer exists by the time Teela is Queen.
    Way to destroy the mythos, Scott.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

    __________

    Arizona Mazter of the Universe

  19. #69
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    122
    As someone said before, the idea of Grayskull being destroyed is not new. It's from NA Bible, but these NA events are supposed to happen 1 million years in the future, so thinking of "Grayskull's ruins" is not so blunt in that context.

    In the MOTUC canon, however, this is happening presumably in just a few decades. So yes, it is just as bad as Duncan and Stratos being killed.

    I understand that the bios and canon are just a plus for MOTUC, collected or composed with no particular care to become a serious source for MOTU history (since we are permanently encouraged to build our own canon), but I would love to have serious material for this franchise some day, in the form of a novel may be, done professionally by a writer (opposed to being just collected from existing material and trying to tie the stories in a rush working some extra hours till late night). The franchise would benefit from a model like the one used in the Star Wars franchise, whose mythos are now expanded and detailed through novels... the MOTU universe is as rich as that.

  20. #70
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Awww, yeaah!!!

    pebble.jpg
    Lol nice!!!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  21. #71
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    As someone said before, the idea of Grayskull being destroyed is not new. It's from NA Bible, but these NA events are supposed to happen 1 million years in the future, so thinking of "Grayskull's ruins" is not so blunt in that context.

    In the MOTUC canon, however, this is happening presumably in just a few decades. So yes, it is just as bad as Duncan and Stratos being killed.

    I understand that the bios and canon are just a plus for MOTUC, collected or composed with no particular care to become a serious source for MOTU history (since we are permanently encouraged to build our own canon), but I would love to have serious material for this franchise some day, in the form of a novel may be, done professionally by a writer (opposed to being just collected from existing material and trying to tie the stories in a rush working some extra hours till late night). The franchise would benefit from a model like the one used in the Star Wars franchise, whose mythos are now expanded and detailed through novels... the MOTU universe is as rich as that.
    I used to want MOTU novels, but I'd rather wait until TG isn't running the show. I personally don't feel he respects the mythos - and that becomes clearer to me as time goes on. The ink on his stamp is obscuring much of what came before, much of what I love.

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122
    As much as i like having a MotU Fan at the helm, by now i have seen the danger of this. Toygurus love for all things MotU (and that is fine) but it is really a problem.
    He loves it so much, that he seems blinded by this. He seems to think that now that he has some degree of creative control he has to use this influence to publish his own fanfiction as a de facto MotU canon, based on great ideas other Motu Fans (who respected the franchise much more, if remembered correctly) established a few years past.
    The old saying comes to mind: with great power comes great responsibility. So please TG use this power wisely.Put some distance between your inner child and the guy writing the stories. Stop ruining the franchise with mindless killing and/or destruction for dramatic effects. This is not good story telling. This is childsplay. And that is how most of the bios and stories read nowadays (looking at both Mattel and DC at this point).
    Oh and by the way:
    The worst thing in this matter: mentioning the "departure" of Grayskull in a WTFWTK. We are talking Grayskull for Eldors sake. If this Icon of Power has to go (for whatever sick reasoning) make it epic. Make it meaningfull. Make it matter. Not in a throwaway sentence.
    It will probably be themed in the next bios or minicomic but at this point i am sad to say id rather have no further "official" MotU Stories than what is coming out of MotU Headquarters lately. I will largely ignore it, but the biggest problem remains: it will forever remain "out there"...

  23. #73
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,286
    I dont see any of these answers being a big deal. Especially weird the question about Teela's DC comics uniform. Just standard thing in fictional depictions of ladies. I direct you to Red Sonja comic good sir. Logic has no place in it.

    I rather like the design, which they were banking on I'm sure, and I would like equally as well more clothes. It doesnt matter either way. Since the characters can wear other outfits like normal beings, it's not even like it is something permanant.

    As for Grayskull eventually being destroyed or whatever, sure why not? After a Second Ultimate Battleground, or some big huge deal, perhaps it's finally just too big a target and dissapears.

    Until something is said more definatively I assumed that Once Teela became Sorceress and Queen, King He-Man and the Queen Sorceress would rule from Grayskull. I see no reason to alter my view. Plus I assume that Teela as Queen and Sorceress would not be limited by location because things had "come to a head" sort to speak and there was no longer any need for whatever that rule was for.

  24. #74
    +2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I didn't think my opinion could get even lower, but it has. What's next? Does Spector wake up and realize that all of MOTU was a dream, a world of his creation?
    Of course not. That's ridiculous.

    If you go the "it was all just a dream" route it has to be Pam Ewing's dream, regardless of the fictional universe in question (unless the universe contains Bob Newhart, but that technicality does not apply here).

  25. #75
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Of course not. That's ridiculous.

    If you go the "it was all just a dream" route it has to be Pam Ewing's dream, regardless of the fictional universe in question (unless the universe contains Bob Newhart, but that technicality does not apply here).
    I was being facetious, but the ridiculousness of what is already going on is not that far from the dream scenario I described, in my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •