Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Attempting New Adventures again!

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791

    Attempting New Adventures again!

    Hey guys. For the 6th time in my life, I'm going to attempt to watch The new adventures again. I own them, but I never watched them when it was actually on. Because of this, I don't have a real attachment to it. I'm trying to make myself love new adventures. I even started buying the figures. In order to keep me motivated, I hope you guys can tell me your favorite episodes to give me something to look forward to. Wish me luck!

  2. #2
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,776
    Not me. I got up to disc 5 and bogged down. I'm donating my discs next time I get over to the thrift shop

  3. #3
    Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Hey guys. For the 6th time in my life, I'm going to attempt to watch The new adventures again. I own them, but I never watched them when it was actually on. Because of this, I don't have a real attachment to it. I'm trying to make myself love new adventures. I even started buying the figures. In order to keep me motivated, I hope you guys can tell me your favorite episodes to give me something to look forward to. Wish me luck!
    I never watched them when I was growing up, but I just started watching them and really enjoy them. The figures are REALLY cool also and I now have a complete set
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!


    Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778


  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Not me. I got up to disc 5 and bogged down. I'm donating my discs next time I get over to the thrift shop
    You've made it farther than me! I'm five episodes in now. I'm enjoying the animation, even though sometimes the characters proportions look weird...I'm still hating the scientists though. Their voices are killing me. I blame them for making me quite the show multiple times.

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I never watched them when I was growing up, but I just started watching them and really enjoy them. The figures are REALLY cool also and I now have a complete set
    I'm enjoying the figures, but I do find it to be harder to find the accessories to them. I also noticed that you have one of the hardest NA figures to find! I've already come to the conclusion that I'll never complete my MOTU and NA collections. No tytus, megator, laser he-man and skelly, and missile armor flipshot for me!

  5. #5
    Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I'm enjoying the figures, but I do find it to be harder to find the accessories to them. I also noticed that you have one of the hardest NA figures to find! I've already come to the conclusion that I'll never complete my MOTU and NA collections. No tytus, megator, laser he-man and skelly, and missile armor flipshot for me!
    In order to find Missile Armor Flipshot I had to turn to international ebay sites. It took some time,but I was able to find one.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!


    Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778


  6. #6
    ▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,904
    The only way to get all of the way through is to commit to watching a certain number of episodes each day until its done.

  7. #7
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You've made it farther than me! I'm five episodes in now. I'm enjoying the animation, even though sometimes the characters proportions look weird...I'm still hating the scientists though. Their voices are killing me. I blame them for making me quite the show multiple times.

    I don't find it to be unwatchable--just kind of boring. There's a lack of exciting characters on the side of good. I can't get in to characters like Flipshot, Icarius, etc,. They just seem incredibly bland, and I actually still can't even identify a lot of them...

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    In order to find Missile Armor Flipshot I had to turn to international ebay sites. It took some time,but I was able to find one.
    ol' flipshot will be one of the last I'd add to my collection. tytus and megator are my number one wants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The only way to get all of the way through is to commit to watching a certain number of episodes each day until its done.
    I like this game plan.

  9. #9
    I stopped after the first episode. I bought the set to see if I liked it. No wonder it is not Netflix, you have to buy it to see how terrible it is.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I don't find it to be unwatchable--just kind of boring. There's a lack of exciting characters on the side of good. I can't get in to characters like Flipshot, Icarius, etc,. They just seem incredibly bland, and I actually still can't even identify a lot of them...
    Its been making me laugh from some of the cheezy-ness. I don't know how many times I've heard He-man say "I have the power of good!". I'm enjoying the bad guys. I like skeletor's voice, but his laugh doesn't compare to alan oppenheimer's.

  11. #11
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by ToteMan View Post
    I stopped after the first episode. I bought the set to see if I liked it. No wonder it is not Netflix, you have to buy it to see how terrible it is.

    With all due respect, you can't judge any televised production by the first episode. They tend to get better as they go along. They eventually peak and then head downhill. The original Star Trek pilot was pretty pathetic with Spock not even acting like a vulcan

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    With all due respect, you can't judge any televised production by the first episode. They tend to get better as they go along. They eventually peak and then head downhill. The original Star Trek pilot was pretty pathetic with Spock not even acting like a vulcan
    and CAPTAIN PIKE! I do like how NA is like a long story, not just a story in an episode like in the original.

  13. #13
    Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by ToteMan View Post
    I stopped after the first episode. I bought the set to see if I liked it. No wonder it is not Netflix, you have to buy it to see how terrible it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    With all due respect, you can't judge any televised production by the first episode. They tend to get better as they go along.
    Agreed. You can't judge an entire series based on 1 episode....or even 2-3 episodes.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!


    Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778


  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    so far so good. Made it to disc 2! I like how he-man says "I have the power" in the intro. Sounds very similar to Dolph in the movie. Also, I discovered how brittle some of the figures are. I got a Staghorn in the mail that was dirty, so I was lightly cleaning him and one of his antlers broke off. Sooo I'll be buying another one day. I'm also worried about their lower legs. Seems very very flimsy.

  15. #15
    ▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    With all due respect, you can't judge any televised production by the first episode. They tend to get better as they go along. They eventually peak and then head downhill. The original Star Trek pilot was pretty pathetic with Spock not even acting like a vulcan
    Not New Adventures of He-Man; the first episode is the best of the entire series.

  16. #16
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Not New Adventures of He-Man; the first episode is the best of the entire series.

    Early peaker

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    I've made it farther than ever before..DISC 4! Still enjoying it more than before, though I still don't find it as exciting as the old Filmation episodes. I like how He-man is tapping into his magic, but he seems way weaker than in the vintage cartoon. I mean...he used to be able to throw mountains and now he has trouble we random hand to hand combat? I did enjoy mutant He-man aka CRUNCHER! Now that's a variant I'd enjoy getting. I could see them using a Ram Man buck for him.

    blog_cruncher_01.jpg

  18. #18
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I hope you guys can tell me your favorite episodes to give me something to look forward to. Wish me luck!
    Check out this thread mate:

    Favourite-Best-New-Adventures-Episodes
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  19. #19
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,298
    Weasel, you're abolutely correct that in NA He-man is "weaker" than before; although I prefer calling him "less strong". I did this intentionally as I felt I first that his being so far away from Castle Grayskull would somewhat diminish his strength. It's also why I changed his line from "By the power of Grayskull..." More importantly, I wanted to diminish his strength a bit and, instead, have him rely more upon his intellect. I also somewhat changed Skeletor by making him a little more humorous. He was already the epitome of evil and I thought it might be interesting to add in a little humor to create some additional depth to his character.

    Obviously not everyone agreed with these changes, but I wanted to try to add a new layer to He-man and Skeletor, while still retaining the classic battle between them. As a writer, one has to take risks in order to remain fresh. Hockey great Wayne Gretzky once said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." He was correct, I believe. Every shot a writer takes doesn't end up scoring a goal. But I think it's important, none the less, to take those shots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I've made it farther than ever before..DISC 4! Still enjoying it more than before, though I still don't find it as exciting as the old Filmation episodes. I like how He-man is tapping into his magic, but he seems way weaker than in the vintage cartoon. I mean...he used to be able to throw mountains and now he has trouble we random hand to hand combat? I did enjoy mutant He-man aka CRUNCHER! Now that's a variant I'd enjoy getting. I could see them using a Ram Man buck for him.

    blog_cruncher_01.jpg

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Weasel, you're abolutely correct that in NA He-man is "weaker" than before; although I prefer calling him "less strong". I did this intentionally as I felt I first that his being so far away from Castle Grayskull would somewhat diminish his strength. It's also why I changed his line from "By the power of Grayskull..." More importantly, I wanted to diminish his strength a bit and, instead, have him rely more upon his intellect. I also somewhat changed Skeletor by making him a little more humorous. He was already the epitome of evil and I thought it might be interesting to add in a little humor to create some additional depth to his character.

    Obviously not everyone agreed with these changes, but I wanted to try to add a new layer to He-man and Skeletor, while still retaining the classic battle between them. As a writer, one has to take risks in order to remain fresh. Hockey great Wayne Gretzky once said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." He was correct, I believe. Every shot a writer takes doesn't end up scoring a goal. But I think it's important, none the less, to take those shots.
    I'm enjoying the Skeletor change. I like that he looks different and acts different. I just think of it like he transformed from something, like he did by absorbing the crystals power, before the first episode of NA. I can see He-man becoming "less strong" from being so far away from CG. Perhaps this is why he has to rely on his sword more than his brute strength. Thanks for clearing some things up!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Check out this thread mate:

    Favourite-Best-New-Adventures-Episodes
    Awesome. I'll check it out!

  21. #21
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,478
    I STILL haven't watched any, though I have the anny set that has the 20 episodes in it. I want to, just haven't found the time. Perhaps tomorrow.

  22. #22
    Daemonite Scum! Jobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    823
    I finally got Vol. 2 from evilBay. Love New Adventures. Yes the animation is a little lacking but I love the characters and story.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

    ~ Me ~

    FeedBack:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

  23. #23
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,298
    Thanks for that. You make me feel like... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pmSvWHgaao


    Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    I finally got Vol. 2 from evilBay. Love New Adventures. Yes the animation is a little lacking but I love the characters and story.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    Alright! Been a while since my last update. I've made it to disc 8! Or disc 3 of vol. 2 if you want to call it that....anyways. The series has been picking up and had some really strong episodes which I enjoyed highly. So far discs 5 and 6 are my favorites. With episodes like "Four Ways to Sundown" which was completely hilarious and probably my favorite yet. Saw some new awesome characters I'd enjoy seeing in MOTUC like Remlin the wizard, He-slave, the mutated humans in the "Zone of Darkness", Maxis, Dreadator, and of course NA Teela..oh and Slushheads wife Felka!

    dreadatorbeam.jpgFelca.jpgHe-slave.jpgremlin01_thumb.jpgteela8zpNewAd.jpg

  25. #25
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,298
    Although I realize and respect that not everyone warms to NA, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Btw, along with THE RUNNING OF THE HERD, FOUR WAYS TO SUNDOWN is my personal favorite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Alright! Been a while since my last update. I've made it to disc 8! Or disc 3 of vol. 2 if you want to call it that....anyways. The series has been picking up and had some really strong episodes which I enjoyed highly. So far discs 5 and 6 are my favorites. With episodes like "Four Ways to Sundown" which was completely hilarious and probably my favorite yet. Saw some new awesome characters I'd enjoy seeing in MOTUC like Remlin the wizard, He-slave, the mutated humans in the "Zone of Darkness", Maxis, Dreadator, and of course NA Teela..oh and Slushheads wife Felka!

    dreadatorbeam.jpgFelca.jpgHe-slave.jpgremlin01_thumb.jpgteela8zpNewAd.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •