Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Link To June 17th Sale (Now With Flight Stand 2.0 Pics!)

Link To June 17th Sale (Now With Flight Stand 2.0 Pics!)

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ID.40806364209

I hate to say it... but the new flight stands look just as crappy as the first ones. Why not CLEAR plastic?! And how come they don't bother telling you how many stands come per order? Because if it's just ONE for $15... that's a bit much.
    Last edited by zodak74; June 4, 2013 at 07:36pm.

They look pretty good…I think I'll give them a try!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'm going to get at least two, in hopes that they can help keep my Tytus and Procrustus figures standing up. But I was hoping... I dunno... for something sleeker and less of an eyesore. Visually they're not really an improvement. The pics don't really demonstrate what those things are sticking out of the back, either. Also, I just find it annoying that it's not listed how many come per pack. Did the last stands come three to a pack, or am I imagining that?
    Last edited by zodak74; June 4, 2013 at 07:33pm.

Yeah the plastic isn't quite as clear as I'd like.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Easy pass.

A Those things sticking out of the back look like the alternate size clamps stuck into storage holes in the back.

B The description should tell the number of stands.

C On what planet are those clear (as the descriptions states)?

You have to admit, "Made of milky white plastic!" (while truthful) doesn't sound quite as good...

Wow, those things are real eyesores. No thanks.

If there are 2-3 stands for $15 then I will pick up some, but if they are $15 each then no thanks.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

The flight stands look awful. It's a shame I was going to pick up a couple of sets, and why can't they just make them in clear plastic.

I don't know the science behind plastic, but I've never encountered a perfectly clear plastic that wasn't incredibly brittle. So a bit of a compromise on just how clear they are was to be expected. I'm hoping the base isn't as intrusive as it looks. If a figure can stand "under" the flying figure within that base part, it wouldn't be too bad.

I think they're worth taking a chance on. I'll pick up a couple sets and see how they work out.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Well the problem is that clear plastic really doesn't look finished, so they opted for a milky white. True story.

(thought I would apply some "why Frosta is grey" logic here )

Also milky plastic really makes flying characters "Pop" off your shelves!!!!!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Yea, those look terrible. Worse then the first ones IMO as they look like some evil diabolical surgeons device! Part of the MAIN attribute of some thing like that is to look as inconspicuous as possible!

It's like having a marionette doing it's thing with cables! The look and color of those stands are hideous!

Wow. Those stands are terrible. Definite pass. Looks like Leech has been replaced by Spikor.

Flight stands look like crap.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    C On what planet are those clear (as the descriptions states)?
    Probably that same planet where DCUC's "White" Lantern Flash's costume is considered white and the same planet where Frosta's boots & gauntlets look white.

...regardless, as long as it's not 1 stand per $15, I'll try them out. The old ones worked well for some of the taller Marvel Legends, like the first She-Hulk.

Flight stands look like figures balancing atop Battle Bones missing vertebrae.

As someone who spends many hours photographing toys I think that may be a photo trick. Look at this pic of a crystal clear figure...he looks almost milky white. Now if the stands a bit less clear than him it makes perfect sense. And who is to say how edited or un edited the picture really is. I doubt they would make flight stands that white. Also judging from the pic you get two stands in a pack

Last edited by DrRampageo; June 4, 2013 at 09:38pm.
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ID.40806364209

I hate to say it... but the new flight stands look just as crappy as the first ones. Why not CLEAR plastic?! And how come they don't bother telling you how many stands come per order? Because if it's just ONE for $15... that's a bit much.
    It's two stands & three clips for the $15.00

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    As someone who spends many hours photographing toys I think that may be a photo trick. Look at this pic of a crystal clear figure...he looks almost milky white. Now if the stands a bit less clear than him it makes perfect sense. And who is to say how edited or un edited the picture really is. I doubt they would make flight stands that white. Also judging from the pic you get two stands in a pack

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...psd409c2a6.jpg
    I don't know doc, they look just as opaque as the first stands.

Don't get me wrong they certainly don't look as clear as the figure I posted, but knowing how translucent reacts to photos I feel as if it may be a trick of the light. We will see in a few weeks though
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

My guess is that the stands are a lot clearer in person. Either way, I'm picking up a set. Stratos will look much better, even if they are solid white.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Eh from what I can see, they look like dooky :l
    FILMATION

lol no wonder they didn't show us pictures of them. They aren't even clear! Passed on the first set and I'll be passing on these.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Where is leech? I am seeing Spikor and not Leech on the sale page. Was this ever announced?

Often times with lighting crystal clear things can look milky....I have a Crystal Eagle on my shelf at home, but looking at it from certain angles it looks white, and non transparent.

Plus, they look as if they were shot against a white background, then cutout and placed in a black background, that alone would make them appear non transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I don't know the science behind plastic, but I've never encountered a perfectly clear plastic that wasn't incredibly brittle. So a bit of a compromise on just how clear they are was to be expected. I'm hoping the base isn't as intrusive as it looks. If a figure can stand "under" the flying figure within that base part, it wouldn't be too bad.

I think they're worth taking a chance on. I'll pick up a couple sets and see how they work out.
    Plastic can be made clear without being brittle, Hasbro does it quite a bit, but it does seem something Mattel hasn't mastered. Battle Blade Bumblebee has perfectly clear blue windows that are nice and soft and you can cut with an xacto without splitting, plus a few other Transformers use the same plastic, but are perfectly crystal clear....Mattel apparently likes to use CD case plastic for their transparent plastic.

We were doing crystal clear plastic that was non brittle 6 years ago at the factory I now work in the office in. CD's are actually crystal clear, and not so brittle, you can flex those things a lot before they break....they undergo a lot of g forces in the CD players. All plastic has a breaking point though. Mattel just doesn't know how to do it right for whatever reason.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!