Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Poll by Mattel - Do you want the new DCU Comic MOTU as figures?

No, absolutely...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I voted yes to the single MOTUC.

While I would love an "in-scale" Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman...I wouldn't want anything more.

I voted yes because, in my eyes, if other media can start to produce toys...Mattel may start loosening up the purse-strings and venture out into other projects. (Kind of like the video game and the Mini-Masters).

Sure, there are other variant He-Man figures that I'd want before the DC version, but I do want Despara...and I do like the Evil-Lyn (Kind of Maleficent-like). This may also give us the opportunity to get a new Roboto (which looks much better in the DC Comic than the MOTUC figure IMO)

Here's another thing to think about...if the line is in trouble (in any shape or form), would they be looking to add MORE figure options?

I voted no. If we got all the other vintage toy figures first and there was life still in the line, I'd be on board with a DCU MOTU comic inspired subline. But not until then. I want Filmaton, POP, NA and 87 movie sublines first.

Now, if this was a separate budgetted line, that didn't impact MOTUC at all and all the planned sublines/monthly figure slots, I'd be okay with it. But if this in any way impacts the current subline/monthly slots each year for MOTUC, then no.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm a fan of both but I'm confused are Mattel asking if we would like MOTU characters in the DC scale or DC MOTU and New 52 characters in the MOTUC scale?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I imagine that DC will at least contribute to the cost of tooling/designing these figures, and that they won't take time/money/skus away from the MOTUC line. If that is the case, I am totally cool with them.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I voted no.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I also very much want Despera, but no one else. I really wish this survey was more specific, though. "DC Comics Style" could also mean a MOTU figure on a DCUC buck, so they're the same size...which would be cool. I'm sure they just mean the not-well-received redesigns ala Ironman Cosplay He-Man.

I voted no. We can all tell Mattel specifically if we want a character (like Despera). I don't want to risk getting all these variants that will probably take the place of variants fans have shown interest in and requested (like 200X King Randor, Battle Armour Randor and Marlena, the very different Filmation versions of characters like Count Marzo and Clawful, etc.). When prices are forcing people out of collecting and the future of the line is up in the air because of it, I don't really want to vote for a mostly hated variant of a few He-Man figures over stuff people have been asking for, for years. I'm sure these variants will take the place of the other requested variants and money out of the unique character MOTUC budget. Just my opinion.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

No, finish off what was promised!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Why are people assuming these would be in the sub or even on Matty. I could see them trying retail stores again since the comics are out. I hope they get made.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Court Magician
    While it might be neat to see a classic Justice League on MOTUC bucks - like TDKR Batman from the Unlimited line - that's it.

Mattel needs to grasp the idea that fans rarely like new designs. They are not classic yet. A character could have some costume for a day or a month, and then it's changed. People want something iconic and consistent. The main failure of current costume design is that companies keep changing the costumes, and the characters become diluted and unidentifiable (see principles of trademark law). I don't want a figure of the costume-of-the-day, and I hate the whole concept of N52.

Mattel should put its efforts toward delivering better product and finding more cost-effective factories and resources, instead of wasting their time having their crack team come up with half-baked stooge ideas. I've said before that they need new blood in that company. I stand by that.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I don't want any of these lame DC designs... Vintage MOTU, POP, NA, Filmation and 200x figures first !

Voted "no", I dislike the new redesigns.

Maybe, maaayybe after all the vintage (MOTU, POP, NA) and some fan-favourites filmation/concepts/prototypes/comics characters are produced, maybe after that they could try again with that poll.

I voted no. I don't want any slots wasted on these designs. The only two that I would be interested in would be Despara and Teela. Now if they did 2 packs with the DC characters done in MOTUC styles I would be all over it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I also very much want Despera, but no one else. I really wish this survey was more specific, though. "DC Comics Style" could also mean a MOTU figure on a DCUC buck, so they're the same size...which would be cool. I'm sure they just mean the not-well-received redesigns ala Ironman Cosplay He-Man.

I voted no. We can all tell Mattel specifically if we want a character (like Despera). I don't want to risk getting all these variants that will probably take the place of variants fans have shown interest in and requested (like 200X King Randor, Battle Armour Randor and Marlena, the very different Filmation versions of characters like Count Marzo and Clawful, etc.). When prices are forcing people out of collecting and the future of the line is up in the air because of it, I don't really want to vote for a mostly hated variant of a few He-Man figures over stuff people have been asking for, for years. I'm sure these variants will take the place of the other requested variants and money out of the unique character MOTUC budget. Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Why are people assuming these would be in the sub or even on Matty. I could see them trying retail stores again since the comics are out. I hope they get made.
    DC characters on MOTU bucks would be cool, but in their classic costumes--like the Dark Knight Batman. But that is certainly not what they mean. Besides a recent Superman one shot, I haven't seen DC push anything that isn't New 52 or video game related.

And the poll doesn't specify it's for retail-- it's an assumption either way. TG has said there would be no more DC two-packs at retail-- but then he's also said no more variants. SO....

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    First thought, Mattel must be viewing the DC MOTU comics a success if they are now considering making these figures.

Second thought, I favour the single MOTU figures, but would consider the two-packs if the pairings were good and the figures looked nice and had good articulation.

Third thought, the two-packs may be a good way to get MOTU more widely known as they would be displayed in more comic shops around the world. Currently, MOTU figures are displayed in only a few.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

I'm wondering if maybe Mattel is trying to establish certain design elements/styles before the live-action movie hits. You know, to familiarize the public. For instance, it has been said that Mattel is pushing for He-Man to be covered up in a live-action movie. Their designs in the art book for past attempts sort of back up this notion.

That said, I'm guessing this potential sub would likely have a separate budget.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I voted no (neither).

I wonder how Mattel keeps finding money for the new MOTU related projects, and cannot find an enough budget for their MOTUC line?
    No more vehicles and beasts, less paint applications, fewer accessories and a shrunken Castle Grayskull, yet more money to spend on DC MOTU and MOTU minis! WTH!!!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Court Magician
    I voted yes as singles only because I don't want to have to re-buy the same DC figure in the 2 pack. However, if they gave us DC variants and not straight repacks I would be all over the 2 packs. I'm all for whatever gets more figures out. I actually really like the DC designs and the comic has been great.

Being completely selfish here, I hope the answer they get back is a resounding no. I hope that Mattel realizes this redesign is a bad idea, and reconsiders all the changes they are making to the mythos in time to get us a movie that is somewhat respectful and true to form.

If they get a lot of yes's, I think they'll consider that as a vote for these new redesigns.

But if they do go through with it, here's a suggestion: A nu52 Teela that comes with a staff that doubles as a stripper pole.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I voted no (neither).

I wonder how Mattel keeps finding money for the new MOTU related projects, and cannot find enough budget for their MOTUC line?
    No more vehicles and beasts, less paint applications, fewer accessories and a shrunken Castle Grayskull, yet more money to spend on DC MOTU and MOTU minis! WTH!!!
    It's new entertainment. New media, which is in the shape of a comic book. Mattel is willing to go the extra mile when it comes to promoting new media, instead of trying to create new hype for older stuff. That's why the New 52 designs are getting so much attention from them. This is MOTU's new media akin to Nickelodeon's TMNT, Transformers Prime Beast Hunters or Star Wars Clone Wars.

One thing TG should have mentioned is whether or not any New 52 MOTUC figures are going to take up space in the budget or is it a separate entity. Fans are going to be less likely to bite if they think Despara is going to interfere with Modulok coming out or New 52 Teela somehow prevents Glimmer from getting done.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    (From the He-Man 2.0 thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Please don't give them the idea to try to give us a "DC New 52" He-man variant...
    Son of a......
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I voted "neither" as well, though like many others I would happily buy Despara as part of the regular line. At least she's different enough to warrant a figure.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Voted "no."

I'd caution fans to really consider before they vote for Options 1 or 2. In 2012 and 2013, we had one add-on sub for each of those years. If they make DC characters, I imagine that they'd either be in their own sub-line or in quarterly variant slots since (as of today) all the characters would be variants of existing characters.

Sub-line option - by voting for either option 1 or option 2, you're potentially voting AGAINST another sub-line in favor of New 52 DC designs. If you'd rather have New52 He-Man, Man-At-Arms, etc. then by all means go for it, but if you'd rather have an add-on sub devoted to Filmation, POP, NA, Mini-comics, 200X, 87 Movie (if they get the rights), etc. then I'd suggest voting "Neither."

Quarterly option - Would you rather have variants like Terror Claws Skeletor or would you rather have, say, DC New 52 Teela?

The only one I think most people would want is Despara, and she could be in the main sub or used as a sub exclusive.

Please mull it over before you vote "yes" to these figures.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

No way! I can think of nothing I would like less!

NO!!!

The DC designs are awful, the only good thing to come out if this new on going series is that Teela is back to the right hair color. Granted shes a total witch that no one likes, and who doesn't want a figure of her mother, "Decapitated" Sorceress.

Scott needs to stop pushing "his" version of MOTU, we the CUSTOMERS have told him over an over again we don't want it.

If we get a mini sub of DC MOTU figures that's it for our chances of getting POP characters like Peekablue, Perfuma, and maybe even Madame Razz. The NA fans have only 4 figures but we might get figures of designs lest then a year old. Oh and those of us who want more Filmation characters or variants like Hordak I guess we can just forget that because they were not created or influenced by Scott.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"