Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Poll by Mattel - Do you want the new DCU Comic MOTU as figures?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    New characters, or costumes, yes, redesigns, not right away.
    Does Galactus fart?

Nooo, never, absolutely not!
    Stop the new ugly DC Designs, they are so terrible.
    Make a new Filmation Sub or POP but please no DC Variants!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Voted "no."

I'd caution fans to really consider before they vote for Options 1 or 2. In 2012 and 2013, we had one add-on sub for each of those years. If they make DC characters, I imagine that they'd either be in their own sub-line or in quarterly variant slots since (as of today) all the characters would be variants of existing characters.

Sub-line option - by voting for either option 1 or option 2, you're potentially voting AGAINST another sub-line in favor of New 52 DC designs. If you'd rather have New52 He-Man, Man-At-Arms, etc. then by all means go for it, but if you'd rather have an add-on sub devoted to Filmation, POP, NA, Mini-comics, 200X, 87 Movie (if they get the rights), etc. then I'd suggest voting "Neither."

Quarterly option - Would you rather have variants like Terror Claws Skeletor or would you rather have, say, DC New 52 Teela?

The only one I think most people would want is Despara, and she could be in the main sub or used as a sub exclusive.

Please mull it over before you vote "yes" to these figures.
    Everybody listen to this woman!!!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Okay. I´m not going to tell people to vote "no".

But please vote "no"!!!!!
    Why encourage people to vote "no" when all you have to do is not purchase the item if it's made?
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

*Chanting* POP sub! POP sub! POP sub! It is time the world of POP got some love.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I voted no. I really don't like the new designs of the characters.
    The only one I would want is Despara and maybe a New 52 Shadow Weaver because Mattel fumbled that figured.
    I'd rather have a movie He-man, an original appearance He-man (mini-comic), baby He-man, Flying Fists He-man, Filmation He-man, Snake Armor He-man, Ice Armor He-man, Wolf Armor He-man, Jungle Attack He-man, and maybe even Smash Blade He-man over the new 52 Chainmail He-man.

Plus these would be MOTUC sized figures (look at the price tag) so, I believe, it would be money taken from what has been wanted since at least 2008 (many have been wanted since 1983).

I don't understand. Why so many people voted no?
    I don't know how it would be commercialized, but there's a chance that these new designs maybe a way for MOTU to have a major exposure.
    I'm not a fan of DC New 52 but I cannot denied that it has draw attention; and new figures seem to be selling quite well. There's a DC/MOTU comic corssover just ahead, so pictured that Mattel New 52 Superman is next to DC Comics He-Man figure in a toy store or comic shop, it is a good way to bring people (and money) into MOTU.

I particularly voted as a single for $25, but I for the first time think that I understand what is being trying to do to promote MOTU.
    Last edited by Rhanen; June 5, 2013 at 03:01pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Podcaster
    No for me.

Like MegaGear said, where the heck is our Battle Ram preorder poll? Money in the bank with zero risk and Mattel is blundering around in the dark..
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

I don't want to step on the toes of anyone who enjoyed the MOTU VS DC line, but I did not enjoy it at all. I wanted the MOTU figures, but it forced me to pay extra for a DC figure I didn't need to buy them. I was so happy when that line ended.

I'm fine with single carded figures in the new comic book look. Especially that Prince Randor from when he fought Leech.

But no more DC two packs. Lets not travel down that road again.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I don't understand. Why so many people voted no?
    I don't know how it would be commercialized, but there's a chance that these new designs maybe a way for MOTU to have a major exposure.
    I'm not a fan of DC New 52 but I cannot denied that it has draw attention; and new figures seem to be selling quite well. There's a DC/MOTU comic corssover just ahead, so pictured that Mattel New 52 Superman is next to DC Comics He-Man figure in a toy store or comic shop, it is a good way to bring people (and money) into MOTU.

I particularly voted as a single for $25, but I for the first time think that I understand what is being trying to do to promote MOTU.
    The groundswell of anti-New 52 is based on the fact that the remaining "heavy hitters" were promised before more variants and concept figures. I believe that the feeling is that these New 52 variants would replace upcoming unmade classic figures. At the very least, if you have tooling time, effort, and money being sink into these New 52 figures, there's that many fewer resources being spent on the figures we have been promised since the line began.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    Why encourage people to vote "no" when all you have to do is not purchase the item if it's made?
    It's not about not buying product we don't like. it's about product we DO like and have been promised suffering (or going unmade completely) for the sake of these figures we don't like.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I voted yes to single carded, because I do actually like the redesigns (in most cases). And I can only imagine how great they would be if the 4h men sculpted them. As far as taking up resources etc. I think Matty already has it's own plans, despite what we want (been that way since day one). I'm just glad I was asked this time for my direct opinion. Thanks for the poll despite the outcome.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Voted "no."

I'd caution fans to really consider before they vote for Options 1 or 2. In 2012 and 2013, we had one add-on sub for each of those years. If they make DC characters, I imagine that they'd either be in their own sub-line or in quarterly variant slots since (as of today) all the characters would be variants of existing characters.

Sub-line option - by voting for either option 1 or option 2, you're potentially voting AGAINST another sub-line in favor of New 52 DC designs. If you'd rather have New52 He-Man, Man-At-Arms, etc. then by all means go for it, but if you'd rather have an add-on sub devoted to Filmation, POP, NA, Mini-comics, 200X, 87 Movie (if they get the rights), etc. then I'd suggest voting "Neither."

Quarterly option - Would you rather have variants like Terror Claws Skeletor or would you rather have, say, DC New 52 Teela?

The only one I think most people would want is Despara, and she could be in the main sub or used as a sub exclusive.

Please mull it over before you vote "yes" to these figures.
    Maybe I'm an oddity but I would much rather have the DC comic Teela or even the opportunity to get Despara over another variant Skeletor.

I think there are a lot of good points being made and many questions that need to be answered before people actually vote. Hopefully we can get some answers soon and then maybe they will reissue the survey to truly gauge fan interest.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I voted "YES" to 2 packs

I'm pretty sure if they do 2 packs they will be sold at retail and the buck will be based on the DC figures - which I can live with as I do collect the new DC series.

It's important for MOTU to continue outside of classics and it needs to capitalise on the exposure the new comic is getting.

Whether fans hate or like the redesigns we need to look outside of the MOTUC bubble a bit.

Personally I don't buy the notion that if there is a New 52 sub then it cancels a potential Filmation sub or it eats into the 2014 sub.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    What fans are asking for this? I'm not being facetious-- is there anybody on the boards who wants to drop cash on these varients?? A new 52 Teela, rather than a Filmation Teela, for example?
    I want a "Shipwrecked Teela" from the comics. I would never purchase a filmation Teela.

I can't believe anyone would vote 'no' to new product. Unbelievable!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    A DC Teela using the MOTUC buck will be better than "no Teela going back into production"
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I voted yes to single figures, but if it was not part of MOTUC. If it was done more as the new retail line sure, more exposure.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'm very against any new Sub-Sub (as Filmation Sub) but I'm starting to think about a MOTUC Variants Sub... They should be a little bit cheaper (since they are just penny variants or repaints) and it can include Red Beast-Man, Green Trap Jaw, Filmation Teela, Comics He-man, Fuerza T Titano...
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's new entertainment. New media, which is in the shape of a comic book. Mattel is willing to go the extra mile when it comes to promoting new media, instead of trying to create new hype for older stuff. That's why the New 52 designs are getting so much attention from them. This is MOTU's new media akin to Nickelodeon's TMNT, Transformers Prime Beast Hunters or Star Wars Clone Wars.

One thing TG should have mentioned is whether or not any New 52 MOTUC figures are going to take up space in the budget or is it a separate entity. Fans are going to be less likely to bite if they think Despara is going to interfere with Modulok coming out or New 52 Teela somehow prevents Glimmer from getting done.
    I'm not against the new media route per-se, on the contrary I'm for it, however, if Mattel can create a budget and find resources for those niche items, surely they can find enough budget for the popular line they are currently running. At the end it's only one brand (MOTU) that they're serving, and they always could spread the budget (or wealth) where it needs to go...

People/fans here have already spent their hard earned money on this line on the promise of completion, yet Mattel keeps asking them to invest in their new adventurous media, while backing off on the other promises they need to fulfill.

It's a very hard thing to swallow when Mattel keeps treating us like idiots with fat wallets!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I voted yes to single figures, but if it was not part of MOTUC. If it was done more as the new retail line sure, more exposure.
    I like the way you think, too bad (no pun intended) they did'nt specify a little more (insert Toyguru).

Uh that's a no. I'd rather have a Battle Ram.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I want a "Shipwrecked Teela" from the comics. I would never purchase a filmation Teela.

I can't believe anyone would vote 'no' to new product. Unbelievable!
    Did you forget what forum you're on?

I understand the reactions, especially if it could POTENTIALLY get in the way of the older characters coming out.

If TG would have mentioned that the New 52 stuff would have it's own budget and wouldn't take resources out of Classics, then reactions probably wouldn't be so hostile.

If this thing goes through, then it'll prove that all the internet venom that the new comics get isn't what everyone in the world believes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

So they could use their "extra" resources on the other important line, (MOTUC)...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I voted #2. I want the single variants. There are two reasons why:

#1 I want them. I still don't own a Teela or Beast-Man!

#2 This is an entry point for the line. I know. 90% of the people on this board have been collecting from the beginning, and a lot of you seem even eager for it to be over, but the line doesn't actually have to end in the next two years if they do periodically make an entry point and allow people to buy the core characters in some form.

BUT I'm not particularly interested in the Matty versions of the new 52. My DCD figures look FAR better than my Matty DC figures. And they're much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    New entertainment.

That's why these are being pushed over 200X and Filmation variants.

Some fans have been asking for the New 52 designs since last summer. I'd get BOTH a Filmation Teela AND a New 52 Teela (please come with both blonde and redheads). So there is a demand for those designs despite the loud dislike of the comic and it's designs on the forums.
    Screw that, I want a damn Filmation Hordak in Classics before any of these new variants....they are well more important than some new never before versions that have existed for like 2 minutes vs 30 years of waiting for them....sorry, to hell with that nonsense.

If they make it a separate entity like Mini Masters, then whatever, but I still say hell no to DC vs MOTU 2-packs.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I like the way you think, too bad (no pun intended) they did'nt specify a little more (insert Toyguru).
    In fact realistically I would love for them to go the route many are now and do a 3.75 inch figure line for retail based on those designs. Sure many collectors like myself wouldn't get into the line, but that's fine if it kept the brand going forward.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it