View Poll Results: Teela 2.0 as a sub variant or take a regular slot from a new figure?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make Teela (2.0) a regular sub figure, and take a slot

11 9.57%
  • Make Teela (2.0) the quarterly variant of 2014/15 so she don't take a slot

29 25.22%
  • Make Teela (2.0) an out of sub figure, and take a slot

8 6.96%
  • I want A Teela (2.0), but I don't want her to take a slot from a new figure

27 23.48%
  • I don't want a Teela (2.0)

40 34.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Teela 2.0 Poll....

A Teela 2.0 Poll....

Here's a question for you guys....I know many of us have Teela, but myself, I have a defective one....and I'm not just referring to the long neck peg and bobble head deals....mine has a deformed left forearm peg hole on both sides of her forearm, and it makes the arm loose, and I can't fix it without ruining the figure, which I don't want to do. And my dumb ass only bought 1 back at the BF/CM sale of 2011....

Anyway....this poll is to see how you guys would react to getting a Teela 2.0 over a still missing figure in the upcoming 2 years....and she'd be out of sub, or the 2014 variant.

I do see maybe a Sorceress Teela with removable wing cape then underneath a standard Vintage looking Teela but done like BP She-Ra, or the very least a swappable outfit like Marlena, to go between Sorceress & Teela, giving everyone a second shot at Teela, but also getting a new Teela variant at the same time..... Also 2 heads, so you can have the bird head and the regular Teela head.

I think Teela is the most demanded of the original now out of stock Classics, plus an essential character, therefore she should have a variant (2.0) version done, like now.

What say you?

NOTE: I am not saying just a straight revamp of the original Teela, I am saying make her a variant like Sorceress Teela, and make her kind of like Bubble Power She-Ra where she can revert back to the original Teela through part swaps, but have her Sorceress & regular head included, because unlike MAA, Teela is just too damn expensive to get the 1.0 version of, if you don't already have her....

This way she can be the quarterly variant, she'll take a slot on the sub, but it's a slot anyway already allocated for a variant to which unless it's Filmation Hordak....then I'm perfectly OK with.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 7, 2013 at 03:41pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I don't want or need a Teela 2.0, however, a variant like the Sorceress Teela you mentioned that could become a regular Teela would be acceptable.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I don't want or need a Teela 2.0, however, a variant like the Sorceress Teela you mentioned that could become a regular Teela would be acceptable.
    Yeah, not just a straight up Teela redo, but done like Bubble Power She-Ra, as a variant.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I'm cool with it as long as she comes with the Sorceress parts too.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I don't really have a need for a Teela 2.0, and certainly wouldn't want it taking up any type of slot that would oust an original character. I'd rather they just reissue the original figure for people who haven't been able to get her.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I don't really have a need for a Teela 2.0, and certainly wouldn't want it taking up any type of slot that would oust an original character. I'd rather they just reissue the original figure for people who haven't been able to get her.
    That according to Scott would take a slot anyway, so why not get a new Teela?
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I already have a Teela but they have to find a way to sell it again for people who haven't it!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    No interest in this character, don't have the original one, so no for me...

I want a new Teela but only if it is 200X or N52.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

She can have a sub slot, or be released any other way. I would much rather have a Teela figure than any rare character which I've never heard of before. I think only Modulok and Two-Bad are still out there which I wouldn't want to miss out on verses a Teela OR A BEAST-MAN!

Unless it's a straight up reissue, it's going to take a development slot away from a sub figure. That's just a given, there's no way around that. So, a big part of the question is, are we OK with seeing 1 less sub figure for an updated Teela to get released?

A slight update to Teela (ala He-Man 2.0 that fixed the red eyes and swapped shoulders) to fix the bobble head and maybe give her slightly softer armor and BA Evil Lyn bracers could probably be released outside the sub as an "evergreen" figure, or as a quarterly variant. It would likely sit in stock on mattycollector.com for a while, but it would be a show of good faith to the hardcore fans who are clamoring for more Teela.

I don't think a Teela 2.0 should be put into the subscription, unless it's a fairly significant update. Something like 200X Teela, new 52 Teela, Ice Armor Teela, Snake Teela, Disco Teela, etc.

I would like to see a Teela 2.0, but I wouldn't want any resources taken away from finishing the main line of vintage figures.
    Last edited by goluphi; June 7, 2013 at 03:24pm.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arent absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I dont collect toys to be miserable. So Id rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I wouldn't mind a DC Teela with Red and Blonde heads

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Unless it's a straight up reissue, it's going to take a development slot away from a sub figure. That's just a given, there's no way around that. So, a big part of the question is, are we OK with seeing 1 less sub figure for an updated Teela to get released?

A slight update to Teela (ala He-Man 2.0 that fixed the red eyes and swapped shoulders) to fix the bobble head and maybe give her slightly softer armor and BA Evil Lyn bracers could probably be released outside the sub as an "evergreen" figure, or as a quarterly variant. It would likely sit in stock on mattycollector.com for a while, but it would be a show of good faith to the hardcore fans who are clamoring for more Teela.

I don't think a Teela 2.0 should be put into the subscription, unless it's a fairly significant update. Something like 200X Teela, new 52 Teela, Ice Armor Teela, Snake Teela, Disco Teela, etc.

I would like to see a Teela 2.0, but I wouldn't want any resources taken away from finishing the main line of vintage figures.
    Even a straight up re-issue will take a slot, according to TG....

And I am not calling for a slight updated Teela, I am saying if they do a Sorceress Teela (ala BP She-Ra) with swappable parts to allow her to become Sorceress or a standard updated Teela, she could be released as the Sub quarterly variant in 2014, 0r 2015, and bam, we have the Teela 2.0 we've been wanting, but a totally new figure / version to boot.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I still think a Filmation Teela would be just fine. Use the female 2.0 buck, Adora's arms, a new sculpt head that matches the Filmation look more closely, and give her the Adora pistol, Marlena sword, and the Teela shield in gray. Done.

I know Matty said they don't want to do a similar or Filmation Teela, but they are missing out on a HUGE opportunity.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quartery variant.

I'm not interested in a Sorceress Teela or any of her new DC looks.
    A variant based on either her 200X or Filmation design would be my preferred choice.

I suppose they could include a removable falcon cloak to put on the blonde Battleground figure, for those who liked her "Sorceress in Training" attire.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Quartery variant.

I'm not interested in a Sorceress Teela or any of her new DC looks.
    A variant based on either her 200X or Filmation design would be my preferred choice.

I suppose they could include a removable falcon cloak to put on the blonde Battleground figure, for those who liked her "Sorceress in Training" attire.
    That was more or less what I was referring to, more a removable cloak & swappable falcon head, and not a Sorceress style figure with wings and drums. A more regular Teela would be underneath either via just removing the cloak, or swapping the whole outfit like Marlena, and include a redhead head as well.

I would prefer a Filmation style over 200X but we know that neither are supposedly happening (too close in appearances), I just figured a more Sorceress styled Teela (so they can justify it, and use it with the He-Ro story, and go with King He-Man) so they can have a second He-Ro era figure, and have He-Man and his wife.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Already have both Teelas so I'm good.

It'd be cool if they re-released the original one for ALL the people that need her though so they don't have to pay Scalp-Or $100s of dollars on eBay.

If they did make a new one, I'd obviously buy her because I have a serious MOTU problem, but she definitely shouldn't take up a sub slot.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'd take any of these Teela figures:

-Sorceress
    -Queen
    -Bride of Skeletor
    -Pink repaint (with a Pink repaint Sorceress!)
    -'87 film (if that ever becomes feasible)

I do not want Filmation and could pass on MYP.

Now, if one of these variants came with swapped hair-color heads, that'd be killer. I did actually paint some myself, and they're nice, but I want official blonde hair-up and red hair-down heads.
    Last edited by Uki; June 8, 2013 at 02:16pm.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i really want a teela 2.0
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I want another Teela, but I'd prefer a filmation version or a NA version.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    There it is. Exactly that ^.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    There it is. Exactly that ^.
    I'd prefer a Filmation version, but we all know they won't do it, too close to the original....the really only thing she'd get would be a new head and armor....sadly. That is why I proposed the Sorceress Teela....totally different enough, not that I'd prefer it, but that actually she'd look cool in a cloak that looked like the original Sorceress' wings.

- - - Updated - - -

66% of 77 voters say yes, and regardless if it's considered enough (when only 77 voters out of the tens of thousands of MOTUC collectors voted....compared to the 34% that say no, and you know some of them if faced with her actually being made and she popped up on Matty, would buy her too) or not to have her made....those that want her, outweigh those that are whatever.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I'd say 2/3 replying that they want the figure is excellent. If they do a good job, they can always win that last portion over.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I'd say 2/3 replying that they want the figure is excellent. If they do a good job, they can always win that last portion over.
    Half the people saying no, would jump on her if she actually got made....look at all those saying SOH was a waste and look how many of them caved and bought him anyway....when they had the chance....and SOH by the end of the year will be no more rarer than any of the Filmation sub figures.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

There are two ways they could do this and not lose a slot.

1) Teela 2.0 with blonde tiara head & 200X pony tail head; two piece body armor with twist waist - enclosed with Battle Unicorn (recently trademarked) - aka "Charger."

2) 200X Sorceress - two heads: myp sorceress & red head Teela (maybe long 200X pony tail); two outfits:

A) winged sorceress gear - and use a modified Octavia torso wings plug into back via holes through armor.

B) a version of the Teela 1.0 armor done in two pieces to allow for the twist waist... But with a high enough back to hide the holes for the wings.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app