Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread June 2013

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread June 2013

Welcome to the Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread for June 2013!

Toyguru's Recent Posts on Mattycollector.com's Forum

Like last year, instead of posting EVERY little thing in it's own post, I'll gather them ALL the relevant MOTUC Ask Matty postings here. Keep checking for updates! The old threads are ancient history and won't be updated anymore. This is the new spot until next month.

As always, I'll put the most recent news up first, while the old news is down the bottom.

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread I
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread II
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread November 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread February 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread March 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread May 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread July 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread May 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread June 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread July 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread August 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread September 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC Mini-Comic Q&A Thread 2012 (SPOILERS)
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread November 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread December 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread January 2013
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2013
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2013
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2013
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread May 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW STUFF!!!

DC MOTU Figure Poll Results

What are the results of the poll? It sounds like most fans are likely against these figures, but perhaps what I've been hearing is skewed.

Please don't take such negative response as a decline in interest in MOTUC, it's more a lack of interest in these variants that many consider badly designed.

WE DO WANT DESPARA THOUGH!

Sorry, we're not going to be making the results available to the public. But it does help our marketing team understand fan interest (and yes I am aware of all the details from a fan perspective like the difference between redesigned Teela and Despara, we're just trying to quantify stuff etc... it really helps to get as many folks voting as possible.)
    DC Comics MOTU Classics figure poll

So do you know which choice is winning so far?

"Filmation Spector variant" is winning by a landslide.
    MYP Mini Sub

Hi! Have you given any consideration to doing an MYP mini sub? There are a lot of great characters left and these seem to stand the most chance of being pushed out of the line. Do you think that there is enough interest to do this?

Anything is possible, but nothing to announce right now. We'll have to see how Filmation does day of before looking into more "mini subs".
    Ram Man + Shokoti = Sho-poopy

Greetings Matty Gang, He-fans and She-ravers, Just Watched the Episode that Has Shokoti in it and Let Me Tell You, I Laughed so Hard I Had to Turn it Off for a Minute to Catch My Breath! You've Got to Check Out the Masters of the Universe Episode with Shokoti part 2. If it Doesn't Make You Wet Your He-man or She-ra Underoos then You Need to Think About Your Life. I Am Completely Happy and Now Can Not Wait to Get the Filmation Figure of Sho-poopy Oops I Mean Shokoti. Thank You Matty Team, Scott and the Four Horsemen for Making These Figures Happen.

You're welcome!
    Another flight stand 2.0 question

Just a quick question concerning the new flight stands on sale this month- it appears that we get 2 stands for the $15 price. Is that confirmed? I just wantto make sure I'm ordering the correct amount.

Yes, two stands each with 3 clips each. And a white mailer. And an instruction booklet.
    Mighty Spectors mission in Preternia

Sorry if this has been answered before, but what exactly was Spectors mission for King He-Man in Preternia? And how did he manage to become one of King Grayskulls Masters of the Universe? (See minicomic #2) I assume this doesn´t happen instantly, so he must have stuck around quite a bit?

Spector was there to infiltrate Grayskull's Preternia MOTU team, become a trusting member of the group and therefore befriend Sir Laser Lot to convince him to come forward in time to train He-Man's son Dare as the new MAA. Together Spector and Laser Lot arranged a plan based on Spector's future knowledge of Sir Laser Lot's heroic death - sacrificing himself into an active volcano to save the planet. Spector arranged to time port in right before Sir Laser Lot hit the lava, hence pulling him into the future without changing his fate in the past. Grayskull and all his MOTU would continue to assume Laser Lot died in the Volcano saving Eternia (by placing a magic crystal inside that cooled the eruption) and Sir Laser Lot's place in history would remain unchanged (from actually dying in the Volcano which is what happened "the first time"). He could now come to the future and help train Dare and have further adventures without affecting the time stream (a very unique situation which the Time Agents spent a long time researching to pull off).

After the FUBG, Spector ported back to the future (leaving Grayskull and his men to assume Spector perished on the field of battle). He would then time port back to Preternia 5 months later to carry out the plan outlined above with Sir Laser Lot. Hence Spector's line in the mini comic refers to completing the initial part of the plan; having made contact with Laser Lot and convinced him to take part in the second part of the plan.
    Surprises

Can we exspect some real surprises at SDCC?

Oh boy can you
    Spirit of Hordak availability TIME question...

Hi Toyguru (or anyone else that may answer)...
    Is the Spirit of Hordak only going to be available during business hours, or is a 24 hour a day possibility?

I'm mostly asking because the last Saturday was on a Saturday afternoon at about 5 PST. (Which was great) but the question is really for international fans in very different time zones. Should they be keeping an eye out as well?

We looked into making it available "in the middle of the night" (Pacific Time, where Mattel HQ is located and Matty run from by the digital group) for international fans and it doesn't look like that will be possible. (to avoid any confusion).
    Surprise character after Spirit of Hordak

So, Spirit of Hordak goes back into hiding and on sale every now and then.
    There is another character that loves to play hide and seek.

Have you thought about making Loo-Kee the next figure available in the SoH "format"?

Loo-Kee does seem like a hide and seek character. But it doesn't mean he would need to be an online chase fig. How and when he shows up has yet to be revealed!
    She-ra's Techno Sword

I was wondering since we have a back story with Adam using the techno sword temporary until he finds the power sword, there should be a story with Adora and her techno sword. We know that we received a golden techno sword with her via the millennium cartoon, so I think this would be a great way to include this somewhere down the line in MOTU Classics. He-man has many versions of his sword already and I think the golden techno sword could be used with She-ra in the New adventures timeline.

Technically She-Ra did not have the sword in the cartoon due to the fact that she never appeared in the cartoon.
    motu dc comics

Hi guys I bought the subscription for the motu dc comics, and still nothing arrived to argentina, How can I do? I dont know where I have to go to reclaim.

Mattycollector.com does not sell comic books. You need to contact the company you bought the comic books from. (in this case DC)
    Early subscriptions

how about a small 'appreciation gift' for early subscribers?
    Something like an exclusive poster would really push subscription numbers in the first phase, leaving more time for people to decide to buy more.

We just don't have the resources right now. We opened the sub early as a request from fans. Asking for a gift on top of that isn't really in the cards.
    Lookee and Kowl

Are Lookee and Kowl on the list of "All Stars" to be made in 2014? I gots to know because someone in my family really really... I mean REALLY wants you guys to make them so I can get them for her.

Is it more likely that they would be offered in a Comic Con two pack or a traveling show two pack?

They are character we would like to get to. And maybe even both versions of Kowl too. Only time will tell.
    Re issue Teela and Beastman?

For a lot of new late-comers, I am sure you know we have a hard time getting the must-haves, like Teela and Beastman. Any ideas on having reissues of them? Like a Filmation Teela?

No, right now we are putting all of our resources into new characters to try and complete the vintage lines and A list characters from other media by 2015. If we used a design slot for a "Filmation Teela" it would take a slot away from a Horde Trooper or Ninjor or Sweet Bee, etc...
    3rd mini comic - Character question

On pages 6 and 7 of the third mini comic (the page with the various Eternian kings), to the right of Carnivus and Red Beast there is a dark-furred Beast Man looking character, that looks similar to the new character Red Shadow that appeared in the second mini comic. Is this character...

1. Actually Red Shadow, who has somehow survived the last 5000 years?

2. A new character?

3. A generic that just happens to have the same coloring?

All of the armies on that page are being lead by their leader. Dactus has his winged Spaleans, Stratos with his Avion army, Carnivus has his Quadians (although they are behind him and not on panel) and Red Beast is leading an army of Beastmen. The characters I believe you are referring to are generic Beastmen in Red Beast's army.
    We voted with our wallets!

The Mini-Masters sold out while Stonedar and Rokkon are still available. Does this bode well for those of us who want more minis?

Definitely!
    Did The Wind Raider Sell Out?

I was checking to see what was available on Matty and noticed that the Wind Raider was not listed anywhere, and did not come up in the search.

Does this mean it sold out? Does this mean another potential vehicle (perhaps smaller) could be considered?

Edit: Just found the sale page and it's listed as no longer available. Is this accurate?

saw a few folks asked this so to give a catch all to all remaining WR questions:

1: Yes it is now sold out!

2: No we do not have more vehicles planned, even the Battle Ram despite being sculpted. While we would love to try a presale or another method, the extremely slow sell out of the WR and the fact that a large quota was sold at discount on different occasions like Cyber Monday all make it REALLY hard to go back to management and get something like this approved. Fans really do speak with there purchase and at this time, the opportunity for more vehicles oin Classics has sailed.

We may look into some smaller vehicles (like the old Battle Packs or personal one manned vehicles etc..) down the road, but another fill scale vehicle is pretty much done. The WR, while finally selling out, took a bit too long to do so (keep in mind we need to pay storage on unsold product and those costs add up!)

The best way to support any brand on Matty and any new items is to buy the product. Fans really do vote with their purchase!
    He-Man Sold Out?

Did He-Man really sell out completely or did you just sell out of what you had on hand and are waiting for more stock to be shifted over to the distribution center before he goes back up for sale?

He was very temp sold out while we moved product. But he is getting very low and original He-Man may be gone for good soon.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 9, 2013 at 06:03pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Can the Time Agents go back in time, and remove themselves from Masters of the Universe? Then put themselves in another franchise that would fit more? That would be cool.

Spector and the Mighty Time Agents....coming to the Cartoon Network! I'm sure it'd appeal to many of the Masters of the Universe fans. We'd all be watching!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Well, SCREW Mighty Spector................ I totally hate that "Filmation Teela" answer !

Silly answers such as this will make fans, more importantly fans who don't like to see variants will hate it even more !!

And they are going do it with passion. Not a good news for variants fans though.....

Man........... I can't wait for 2016 !!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

That Kowl answer is interesting... it sounds hopeful that fans of the classic flocked yellow toy and the Filmation colors will both get what they want- perhaps one as a regular monthly release, the other as a con exclusive?

The Wind Raider answer is absolutely depressing. Battle Ram is required in this line, no exceptions.

He could now come to the future and help train Dare and have further adventures without affecting the time stream (a very unique situation which the Time Agents spent a long time researching to pull off).
    I'm sorry, but placing a person into a time period where one previously did not exist would most definitely change history. Sir Laser-Lot has taken over the important role of Man-At-Arms and given Dare knowledge & training he would not otherwise have.

Plus, the poor guy who was supposed to become the new Man-At-Arms before Sir Laser-Lot showed up has had his whole life altered too.

All the vintage, NA and 200X vehicles are must have in MOTUC!!!! I will fight for it until the last drop of my blood and the last coin in my wallet! (seriously)

... oh, and I like the Spector + Sir LaserLot story ... not my cannon but I like it as an alternative, always liked to read other fans MOTU stories. I only do not like the new DC comics because of the excess of violence in the story and in the pictures.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; June 9, 2013 at 04:09pm.

Some interesting answers, I am not a vehicle fan so don't mind the lack of a Battle Ram - and I do not want Filmation variants and I understand their position on characters like Teela that are long gone.

The only weird thing for me was that Scott must love the new Star Trek film... because sacrificing yourself and freezing a volcano is straight out of Spock's playbook. Other than that I don't mind the Spector answer - I have no issue with time travel in the mythos as it has been done before several times and I really don't think it is too overpowered given the limitations Scott has set on it.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    He-Man gone for good soon, eh? Can we please stop laboring under the assumption that they give a lick about bringing in new fans?
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    It's great to see Scott post that massive block of text when it comes to his guy, but still manages to half answer and often get other bio questions completely wrong, even though he wrote them.

Give us the Battle Ram already. Quit the old scare tactics and fan blaming please.

The Battle Ram answer is ridiculous. Do a pre-order already.

And I'm preparing to be very underwhelmed by any "surprises" at SDCC.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That Kowl answer is interesting... it sounds hopeful that fans of the classic flocked yellow toy and the Filmation colors will both get what they want- perhaps one as a regular monthly release, the other as a con exclusive?
    I was very happy to hear this answer. I think it would just be a repaint though, not a flocked version.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Well, maybe they could still do the Sky Sled from the sounds of it. I'm a big Kowl fan, so I am happy with that answer. I doubt any version will be flocked, though. I think Loo-Kee is too important to make in the SoH format unless it is a variant and they release a regular figure through ordinary means.

The SLL stuff works for me. And RP, bringing someone into the future as he was wouldn't necessarily cause any problems. Besides, SLL is the guy supposed to take over MAA, so nobody's losing out.
    (I still wonder what happens to Clamp Champ...)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    So... No more reissues and no more vehicles, from what it sounds. AND fans have to make the entire advertisement job by themselves... and for free ! How exactly does TG intend to bring new fans in MOTUC ? Fans efforts won't be enough, I'm afraid.

Plus, Digital River didn't improve at all, and some fans regret taking a sub this year. How does TG plan to sell more subs for 2014 ? Scare tactics and aggressive marketing won't work eternally... (Nevertheless, I can already imagine the main argument for selling the 2014 sub : "2014 is gonna be such a great year, guys !").

About the Sir Laser-Lot and Mighty Spector answer : personally, I don't care, as I don't own these figures, and as there's no Mighty Spector at all in MY personal MOTU mythos ! STILL, the "novel-like answer" about this particular point seems a bit disproportionate compared to the other answers.

So reissues are still not in the cards because all resources are focused a the vintage line and A listers from new media. How does Spirit of Hordak fit into that?

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    So reissues are still not in the cards because all resources are focused a the vintage line and A listers from new media. How does Spirit of Hordak fit into that?
    A - Lister - Hordak - Faction Leader......New Media.....Origin of Skeletor Mini Comic........That fits completely with that statement.

So variants of a listers that don't exactly look like the new media are ok?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've added a few more new ones.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    The SLL stuff works for me. And RP, bringing someone into the future as he was wouldn't necessarily cause any problems. Besides, SLL is the guy supposed to take over MAA, so nobody's losing out.
    (I still wonder what happens to Clamp Champ...)
    The presence of a new Heroic Warrior in a timeline where he previously didn't exist would certainly alter events from that point onwards. Especially one that holds the important position of Man-At-Arms.

Let's assume that Clamp Champ was the last Man-At-Arms, and he had been training someone (his son perhaps) to take over the role when he died. Thanks to Spector, that successor has now changed from 'Clamp Champ Jr.' to Sir Laser-Lot.

Sir Laser-Lot was never supposed to take over the role of MAA, he was supposed to die in that volcano. He did not exist in Dare's time, until Spector brought him there.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; June 9, 2013 at 06:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    The presence of a new Heroic Warrior in a timeline where he previously didn't exist would certainly alter events from that point onwards. Especially one that holds the important position of Man-At-Arms.

Let's assume that Clamp Champ was the last Man-At-Arms, and he had been training someone (his son perhaps) to take over the role when he died. Thanks to Spector, that successor has now changed from 'Clamp Champ Jr.' to Sir Laser-Lot.

Sir Laser-Lot was never supposed to take over the role of MAA, he was supposed to die in that volcano. He did not exist in Dare's time, until Spector brought him there.
    That isn't how time travel works (I realise that is a stupid sentence) the fact is that when Laser-Lot is brought to the future there isn't as "change" he is suddenly in a "new now" and the time line continues for him and for everybody else from that point. Any "might have beens" or other possibilities don't happen and that is that. It is only when somebody goes into the past and meddles with stuff does it change a perceived future... because that future has already been experienced by those going backwards in the first place.

So in this case yes, there was a chance Spector could have messed up the timeline, but as Scott has said it was a special event because there was nobody around to see Laser-lot die and everybody from that timeline didn't realise he was gone. It was a planned "in and out" mission.

Sure if somebody else was being trained up and Laser-lot arrives then that is a shame for that person, but as King he-man sends Spector back one can assume he didn't have any other options. I dunno, I just don't see an issue with it as we have seen other examples of time travel in this mythos already.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

The answer about the Battle Ram doesn't really bother me and here's why…

They said no to a vehicle to begin with. They said no to Castle Grayskull. They said no to preorders. All three of those things have happened or are in the process of happening. Anything's possible.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    So... No more reissues and no more vehicles, from what it sounds. AND fans have to make the entire advertisement job by themselves... and for free ! How exactly does TG intend to bring new fans in MOTUC ? Fans efforts won't be enough, I'm afraid.

Plus, Digital River didn't improve at all, and some fans regret taking a sub this year. How does TG plan to sell more subs for 2014 ? Scare tactics and aggressive marketing won't work eternally... (Nevertheless, I can already imagine the main argument for selling the 2014 sub : "2014 is gonna be such a great year, guys !").
    Do you get a paycheck from Hasbro?

I, personally, prefer Sho-booty!

We SsssooooOoo need Lord Masque so we can have, what i agree to be, one of the best MOTU episodes!!

The answer about Loo Kee was interesting. 'How and when' he'll be revealed. No 'if'? Is that a confirmation for Loo Kee or ami reading too much into it?