Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine Sequel: The Wolverine

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Wolverine Sequel: The Wolverine

I personally enjoyed the first movie, so I'm pleased to hear about a sequel. I'm not going to watch X-Men: First Class from all the changes to the continuity I'm reading about. If they can de-age Jeff Bridges for the new TRON film to look like he did in 1982, they can do the same to McKellan and Stewart

08.20.10 By: Peter Hall

20th Century Fox has, according to Vulture, narrowed down the hunt for a new director to helm their untitled sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. They've been meeting with talent for a while now, but the playing field has been reduced to just two names: David Slade (he of Hard Candy, 30 Days of Night, Eclipse) and Robert Schwentke (he of Flightplan, The Time Traveler's Wife, the up coming ensemble action flick Red). This doesn't mean they've actually hired Slade and Schwentke to both tackle the film, just that they're the last pair standing.

It will actually now be up to Wolvie himself, Hugh Jackman, to make the call on who wants bossing him around for a few months. Vulture's report is that he'll be meeting with both Slade and Schwentke, but that their tipster pins Slade as being a foregone conclusion. That's a great choice in my book, as I've been a big fan of the British director's work since Hard Candy (hell, he even managed to make a not-terrible Twilight movie). but even if it didn't go to Slade, I've yet to see anything of Schwentke's that makes me think I want him to make a superhero action movie (hopefully Red changes my opinion on that front).

Plus, my preference for their past films aside, I think Slade is the better choice solely because a Wolverine movie set in Japan is going to require a bold visual style; a style I've yet to see Schwentke execute properly. That's just me though. Who would you like to see direct the next Wolverine?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Evil Master of Warcraft
    A sequel to a prequel....nice
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It will be a sequel/prequel/inbetweequel

Hopefully it won't suck, but I'm not holding my breath. The first Wolverine movie was okay, but nothing special. At least it was better than X3.

At this point they are just trying to milk the X-Men franchise for what they can get out of it, and it seems to me that they are going with this prequel route since it is easier to justify recasting some of the rolls than it would be if they were doing another straight-up sequel.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I'm not going to watch X-Men: First Class from all the changes to the continuity I'm reading about. If they can de-age Jeff Bridges for the new TRON film to look like he did in 1982, they can do the same to McKellan and Stewart
    Its a silver-age movie set in the 60s. I don't think the tech is available to convincingly de-age McKellen and Stewart into their 20s.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm still very confused about First Class - is this in continuity with the other X-films or not? I've heard both yes and no.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I'm still very confused about First Class - is this in continuity with the other X-films or not? I've heard both yes and no.
    I think it is. Since the only 'original' X-Man in it is Beast who was played much older than the rest of the X-Men in X3. And Mystique, but her power could easily account for her being longer-lived/slower aging.

I wish they would take a step back from an actual X-Men or Wolvie movie and start into other X-Team movies like Generation X, X-Force, eXcalibur or X-Factor. Completely different team of mutants, maybe one or two from the other films crossing over... like Angel and Iceman crossing into an X-Factor movie or Jubilee being used in a Gen X movie. Heck you can even have the movies each cross into one another and do each one as a seperate franchise.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think it is. Since the only 'original' X-Man in it is Beast who was played much older than the rest of the X-Men in X3. And Mystique, but her power could easily account for her being longer-lived/slower aging.
    Thanks.
    That's what I've been assuming. But the whole Emma Frost thing is confusing.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

cool, of course i will watch it

just hope its better than origins. and no more dumb waste of time black eye peas character what a lame ass rip off nightcrawler wanna be

damn, that was horrid and stupid. the blob was lame, gambit was also

the movie was okay, but those scenes i have to fast foward

i'm all for new directors and new ideas, but at times i just wanna stick with original guys who did just a great job before.

x-men and x-men united, bryan singer.. da bomb

x-men 3.. eh. was the weakest of the three.. loved beast though.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

The new wolverine movie

After seeing the trailer and the images that have come out I'm really thinking this movie is going to suck as a comic book crossover movie. From what I can tell this looks like just about any other action move except for the fact they put a guy with claws sticking out of his hands in the middle of it.
    I'm sure there will be other mutants but who cares they always look like regular people in these X-men/ wolverine movies. They seem to be so afraid to put someone in a Costum in these movies because it might look silly. The thing is if the people in the movie accept that the world they live in is full of super heros and bad guys that dress up then the movie going Audience will except it too.
    That's what you have to love about the DC universe, they are not afraid to put a guy in a costum.
    I know spyder man and caption America where in costumes but spyder mam really has to be or no one is seeing that movie!
    But any ways this movie will a blu ray rental for me maybe.

Heroic Warrior
    Still looks better then the last Wolverine movie and I might actually see this one unlike last stand.

Well I guess what I can take from the last one is that at least there were a bunch of Characters that I knew even though they dressed them all in regular street Clothes and they completely wrecked the Dead Pool character I could live with it To some extent.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I think it looks pretty good. I can't wait
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I liked the last Wolverine movie, except for them screwing up Deadpool -I had no problem with a Weapon XI character but it shouldn't have been Deadpool.

I'm a bit confused that apparently Madame Viper is in this film when she's more of an enemy to SHIELD and this film isn't connected to the main Marvel movieverse
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

The movie doesn't look too bad it's even has Yukio in it for those that like that char.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I understand if that trailer is placed next to IM3, MoS and last year's Avengers; it does not seem to be so epic superhero. I mya give it a chance, but it is true that the weight of the movie falls on Hugh Jackman
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I think it looks awesome.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Looks bad, really bad. Like Spider-Man 3 bad.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gotta be better than the origins movie. I swear the scene in the bathroom it looks like the added his claws with MS Paint.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    When the first teaser poster came out my reaction was: "If you have adamantium claws protruding from your hands, why do you need a samurai sword????"
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

As long as Hugh Jackman is shirtless I really dont care.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I’m excited for it. The fact that it is set after X-Men 3 intrigues me. So it’s sort of an X-Men 4. By all accounts, it seems as though the dreadful first Wolverine movie is being ignored. I wonder if FOX will sprinkle little clues throughout (or at the end) for X-Men: Days of Future Past.

The Wolverine

To tell you the truth, this movie looked mediocre from the trailers. They're supposed to put some of the best parts in them and I didn't see anything special. Plus the last Wolverine movie sucked big time, putting my expectations as low possible. So I'm really surprised to say this is one of the best summer movies to come out this year and the quintessential Wolverine movie.

What makes it so good? There's a real and interesting plot, solid acting, pacing, best written Wolverine, supporting characters that matter, build up, and delivery. I mean it's almost a perfect film, but it gets a little ridiculous towards the end. However, the mid credits scene swings a home run and sends you home satisfied and wanting more. Make sure you stay for that.

The story follows Logan drifting after the events of X3. He's haunted by dreams of Jean then a young woman finds him and takes him back Japan to see a dying man he once saved. Wolverine ends up losing his healing factor and has to use his remaining skill set to save another young girl while running from the Yakuza. Losing his healing factor leads to some of the most interesting Wolverine moments, ever?

Jackman is so good and believable as Wolverine here that it justifies all the focus he gets in the X films. They need to let this guy star in all the Marvel Studios films before it's too late.

This is what the other Wolverine movie should have been.

Heroic Warrior
    Well it is good to hear that it the movie will be worth it.

I just saw the movie today. This movie and xmen first class I think have done a good job at righting the mutant ship back on course After xmen 3 and origins.

However I do love how they are connecting the entire xmen universe.

Loved the ending during the credits.

Can't wait for xmen:days of future past.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!