Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Chu Has Chosen GI: JOE 3 Over MOTU

Is it for sure the he is out? All I see is that he is in for GI Joe. Maybe I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Fury View Post
    Is it for sure the he is out? All I see is that he is in for GI Joe. Maybe I missed something?
    It’s not confirmed, but it’s likely that he's out. His tweet that I posted in the original post pretty much confirms it, IMO. It’s also likely that Paramount will want to fast-track GI Joe 3 because number two was pretty successful. They won't want to wait around, choosing to strike whilst the iron is hot.

Anyway Movements on movies can be unpredictable, Sony set a date for the Smurfs 3 for 2015, but if the unnecessary Smurfs 2 is a failure, who knows?

also take with tweezers what Escape Artists tell us on facebook,don't be surprised if Sony sets a date for the motu movie.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Fox have just set a July 2015 release date for Independence Day 2. Jurassic Park has also been confirmed for 2015, as well as Pirates of the Caribbean 5, The Avengers 2 and probably Star Wars Episode 7. Maybe 2015 is not such great idea after all.

"2016,2016"

This session could be called: aging expecting a Motu movie.LOL
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    It doesn't matter what other movies are in other screening rooms.

It matters that story and meaning are the root of the work.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post

Wrong. If you put He-Man up against a well-established property that is aiming for the same demographic, that's waving the white flag on the franchise. Our beloved line absolutely does not have the casual cache that other franchises currently enjoy due to an absense from the mainstream. The studio has to be smart about the release date on this thing.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I think this just mostly means that Mattel and the people who are making this film have zero vision or idea what they are doing. It's hard to make a movie, but it's not this hard. I bet it's a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth. If we get a movie, at this point considering the dreck we're getting in the comics, it will likely be garbage. I say wait TG out and then maybe someone with vision and creative talent will step in and take this thing in the right direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post

I guarantee you story and meaning won't be at the root of the work. It will be all about watering down the property so that it doesn't turn a lot of people off, and then sexing it up and adding a bunch of CG to draw in people who eat all this blah-bland crap up. It's only about money. Money, money, money.

The interesting thing is Sony does not return the rights to Mattel and spent four years, They truly believe in the project and for that reason they are working hard on the script.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 21, 2013 at 11:33pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

..well I am ready now.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I say wait TG out and then maybe someone with vision and creative talent will step in and take this thing in the right direction.
    Really, tell me what TG has to do with the movie Unless ive missed something massive where TG is now working on a motu script and not classics anymore. Fans do give TG crap alot but for a toy line with no retail or media to go with it after 5 years i think he is doing a good enough job. Is the line 100% perfect, no but what line is, this motuc is pretty close to it, as far as vision goes, if they had no vision we wouldnt be getting filmation characters, thats a start. What vision and direction would you see fit
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Really, tell me what TG has to do with the movie Unless ive missed something massive where TG is now working on a motu script and not classics anymore. Fans do give TG crap alot but for a toy line with no retail or media to go with it after 5 years i think he is doing a good enough job. Is the line 100% perfect, no but what line is, this motuc is pretty close to it, as far as vision goes, if they had no vision we wouldnt be getting filmation characters, thats a start. What vision and direction would you see fit
    Mattel has influence over the movie's script - which is part of the reason why the movies never get past that stage. TG is the MOTU brand manager and probably has a lot of input. The storylines and characterizations we've gotten in the bios and the comics are terrible in my opinion (and in many others' opinions).

I didn't say anything about TG and the toy line.

The vision we've gotten from storylines under the TG regime: Teela is practically a stripper, everyone's dying, Orko is a big baddy and a spy, Castle Grayskull is destroyed, The Mighty Spector is zipping around through time, etc. It's not my job to come up with a vision, and I don't want to. It's not my story. But I don't want anyone in the approval process for a MOTU script that puts He-man in football gear while turning Teela into a ....... and killing off The Sorceress with no respect and destroying Grayskull in Teela's lifetime. Their vision is adding sex and violence and that's lame.

"Patience is a Virtue."

We just need to be patient and wait for all the stars to align... (unfortunately.)

...yeah, I know.
    – No comment.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I have lost weight recently. Although that was done in a healthy way.

I was expecting a news about the movie at SDCC... but it's unlikely

If anyone is going to SDCC, could you maybe ask Jon Chu for up-to-date news on what's going on?

Fans of G.I. Joe: Retaliation who are attending SDCC will have the opportunity to get autographs from the movie’s director and one of it’s stars thanks to Hasbro. Director Jon M. Chu and actor Ray Park (Snake Eyes) will be autographing sleeves for the July 30th Blu-Ray/DVD release of G. I. Joe: Retaliation. The sleeve that will be signed will feature artwork exclusive to Comic-con. The Jon M. Chu signing will take place Thursday, July 18 from 4-5pm for Jon M. Chu and Friday, July 19 from 3:30-4:30pm for Ray Park. Both will be located at the Hasbro booth on the convention floor. Be sure to arrive early to get in-line, these signings fill up fast!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    honestly id much rather see a animated flick like the dc direct to blu-ray stuff.. dont know if a live action would look right or do the property justice.. IMO
    I've been saying this for ages. You need to develop a new fan base. her the property out there again. Toys or no toys. You need something like a toon or a Direct to DVD/Blu to get it back out there. A Live Action film right now would just bomb.Besides, there isn't even a decent script for the live MOTU movie.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    I was expecting a news about the movie at SDCC... but it's unlikely
    The fact that there was no Jon Chu at SdCc, nor any buzz about any MOTU movie at all, proves to me that, sadly, the project is back in development "heck".

I dug 'Conan', 'Green Lantern' and 'John Carter' - three projects that most closely resemble (I think) how 'Grayskull' would have looked. However, they lost more money than any other "Event" comic/scifi/fantasy movies of the last three years. It is heartening that the vision of Krypton at the opening of 'Man of Steel' approached the look and feel I'd want for MOTU (and Snyder is the dream MOTU director for many of us)

I enjoyed Chu's 'GI Joe: Retaliation' and his unique treatment and respect for characters from a toy universe. However, with not even a whisper or rumble of new MOTU movie news from SDCC, I think that we can claim the thing "dormant"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I've been saying this for ages. You need to develop a new fan base. her the property out there again. Toys or no toys. You need something like a toon or a Direct to DVD/Blu to get it back out there. A Live Action film right now would just bomb.Besides, there isn't even a decent script for the live MOTU movie.
    A fan's passion is what made Lord of the Rings great movies and saw them through to box office glory. With the greatest respect to Jon Chu as a professional, he didn't always seem 100 percent on board. I think a new script, created by a fan with a panoply of ideas and knowledge of MOTU - who might also direct - could see this through.

Richard Donner read Superman as a boy, Peter Jackson read Lord of the Rings as a boy, JK Rowling nursed the notion of Harry Potter from her childhood to realise it as an adult book while John Lasseter took all the toy emotions h had as a child and poured it into Toy Story. This is going to need that kind of devotion. Only that spark will make a great movie and sell it to the masses.

Anyway, here's a little attempt I made at placing the Columbia studios ident and MOTU in some alignment a la MARVEL comics' title package. Karl Jenkins, my preferred composer for a MOTU movie, made the tune:

Last edited by Moominsthenmotu; July 24, 2013 at 06:05am.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Widget
    Lets tell Peter Jackson to do it

Hey guys, did you see that article ?

http://screenrant.com/masters-univer...=zergnet_51610

good I dont want campy
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    Hey guys, did you see that article ?

http://screenrant.com/masters-univer...=zergnet_51610
    article says.."" planning to “throw out all the things that don’t work – which is most of it.”

What does this mean..?

Sigh. Will this EVER happen??

I want Guillermo del Toro to direct this movie in the worst way. I think the environment and characters are right up his alley. He has such a great blend of fairy tale, fantasy, monsters and technology. I'm not sure Chu is the right man for the job. And just as a side note, just because I think del Toro would be a good fit, doesn't mean I think he will make this super dark. I think del Toro is perfectly capable of taking this and embracing a little bit of all of He-Man's history and bringing the right balance between fantasy, realism, seriousness and humor.