Thread: Skeletor: Triumphant

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar

Skeletor: Triumphant

Skeletor Triumphant: Part 1

The air crackles as a bolt of lightning strikes the ground beside the gnarled claws of his great cat, a warning should he tread any closer to that which he covets, but he does not hesitate this time. He has no fear of retribution from the seemingly invincible barbarian that has plauged him all these years. Having rallied his ruthless minions behind him, the Overlord of Evil is taking merely a moment to drink in the vast power before him, and breathe deep, the sweet smell of victory. His clawed toes curl in the stirrups of the heavy leather saddle. The massive beast beneath him, scratches at the earth, kicking up dust, as he raises a finger to command his the ferocious feline steed forward. The immense cat's eyes glint in the shimmer of the light reflecting from the sword which his demonic blue-skinned master wields overhead.

The low rumbling of the his roar is matched only by the thunder cascading over the horizon. Panthor's fur is wet and matted, stained crimson. Tufts of green fur decorate his muzzle and claws, a grim telling of the fate of heroic Battle-Cat. "How long I've waited for this..." he says through jagged jaundice bone teeth. Held aloft beside him, on a banner of wood and steel is the twisted body of a young man, beaten to within an inch of life. Blood gurgles up from his mouth as he tries to form words, however his life essence has all but left him. He is peering into the veil to the other realm, the realm of the dead.

The cries of his friends and allies from the mouth of the great stone castle before his battered body sound distant and hollow, almost tin like, and barely audible. As the evil sorceror commands his minons forward, his frail body slumps. He struggles to move, and for a moment he believes that he is on control arms and legs, however he is beguiled, for his strength has left him, and now the movement of his limbs is from on the swaying of the ropes which secure him to the makeshift crucifix carried by the lumbering auburn furred monster at Skeletor's command. Prince Adam is dead. He-Man is no more.
    "Castle Grayskull is mine!"

"Father I must go to him!" she cries out, driving her staff into the stone beneath her trembling legs. The hand which had raised her, forged her into a warrior woman and kept her safe from the forces of evil, now grips tightly upon her shoulder, holding her fast in the wake of impending doom.
    "No Teela, there is nothing we can do for Prince Adam now. We have to protect Castle Grayskull!"
    he pleads for her to back down.
    "Where is He-Man father!? How could he have let this happen to Adam?"
    Her words break his heart.
    "I do not know my daughter, but we must hold Skeletor back until he arrives." every word aches as he forces them out. Never before has it been so hard to lie to his beautiful girl, and never has the deception been more important. The Defenders of Eternia, assembled as one unit, form a line at the mouth of Castle Grayskull. To discover the truth now would break them, and the defense of Grayskull would fail before another spell is cast. The horde of thugs and creatures advance upon them, their eyes burning holes through what courage the heroes can muster at the sight of their lifeless prince, dangling like a wrung out tunic in the bitter wind. Sy-Klone clenches his fists, pushing his cyclonic generators into overdrive. The forces whip out a furious storm, creating a wall of wind between them and the entrance to Grayskull.
    "My friends, whatever happens this day, know that I have loved you all." he says, rising from the earth as he prepares to engage the villains. As he ascends he is joined by Buzz-Off and Stratos, moving with him in formation.
    "Skeletor!!! Grayskull will not be yours this day!!! In the name of Prince Adam, and Kind Randor of the House of Miro, and you will pay for your crimes against the people of Eternia with your life!"

If he could smile, he would be grinning ear to ear. He responds to the threat by raising his Havoc staff, charging it with a catacysmic spell, the kind of bolt reserved only for the unstoppable force of He-Man, whose sword he now possesses.
    The tiny magician who had served the king and queen as a practioner of his own great magics, breaks away from the line of heroes and begins an incantation, to shield his friends from the violent energy building in the vile mystical weapon. As the bolt explodes from the twisted ram skull, the little mage summons a crystal shield to deflect it. The bolt travels with the speed of a missile and collides against the barrier which in the wake of its power, is little more than a translucent eggshell.

To the surprise of the Trollan, and the horror of those standing with him, the bolt smashes through, losing no potency and impacts his tiny body. In an instant, his small frame is cooked, like a sack of potatos meeting the heat of a nuclear inferno. His rich, deep red robes are reduced to cinders No protective spell can stop the process which has begun. His skin bubbles as the moisture within him is quickly boiled away. Teela gasps as she catches the acceptance in Orko's eyes. There are no words, there is no cry of pain, and no time to save his little life. There is only the loud popping of the material that didn't instantly vaporize from the brilliant ball of plasma. Orko explodes in mid air, disintergrating into a small pile of smouldering remains, simmering on the ground beneath their feet.

The terrifying instant death of their companion ripples through the ranks of the defenders, as each of them struggle to overcome desperation and horror. Ram Man cries out toward the sky, cursing the name of their enemy in a shrill belting of inhuman rage. Man-E-Faces switched to his inorganic face, to remain stern and emotionless in the face of his enemy, as he grasps Teela's shoulder. No one could have expected such wrath to befall the warm-hearted trickster. Man-At-Arms crouches at the site of the remains of his friend, holding back the tears, trembling from a volatile mix of fear and anger. He drags his armored fingers through the smouldering ashe pile and whispers a short good bye prayer, before rising and unleashing a bellow with a sound somewhere between man and beast, but this does not phase the Overlord.
    "No Duncan, I think not. Today is the day that you and these accursed Masters of the Universe, meet your miserable end. Today is the day you die, screaming for a mercy no longer afforded! Onward my warriors!"
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; August 8, 2014 at 04:49pm.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter
    "So why Oo-Lar? The answer is simple. We really couldn't afford to put boots on He-Man, or sculpt exciting new bracers or armor components. We're just too broke. In a first for any figure- bare feet."

I like it, but it's a bit too dark for MOTU. Having He-Man being defeated off-screen feels cheap.

Heroic Warrior
    Now this is Skeletor! This is the real Lord of Destruction! Fearsome, ruthless, power hungry, not the victimized crying baby that the MOTUC canon turned him to. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    I like it, but it's a bit too dark for MOTU. Having He-Man being defeated off-screen feels cheap.
    It is how I feel the material should be handled at some point. It is merely 1 perspective.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; August 8, 2014 at 01:25am.
    "So why Oo-Lar? The answer is simple. We really couldn't afford to put boots on He-Man, or sculpt exciting new bracers or armor components. We're just too broke. In a first for any figure- bare feet."

Understood, but still. Not even an epic duel between Adam and Skeletor?

The dark tone is fitting for the situation, in my opinion, and it's nice to see Skeletor portrayed as an actual threat.

Story-wise, though, I can see how a reader would feel cheated out of the (final?) battle between He-Man and Skeletor.

One could, if the story continues, show that battle in flashbacks, perhaps from a variety of different perspectives, gradually giving the reader bits and pieces of the climactic showdown without including it, as a whole, in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    The dark tone is fitting for the situation, in my opinion, and it's nice to see Skeletor portrayed as an actual threat.

Story-wise, though, I can see how a reader would feel cheated out of the (final?) battle between He-Man and Skeletor.

One could, if the story continues, show that battle in flashbacks, perhaps from a variety of different perspectives, gradually giving the reader bits and pieces of the climactic showdown without including it, as a whole, in the story.
    Thanks! This is only Part 1. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Now this is Skeletor! This is the real Lord of Destruction! Fearsome, ruthless, power hungry, not the victimized crying baby that the MOTUC canon turned him to. Well done!
    I figured its time the Overlord of Evil live up to his namesake, and do something evil.

Murdering a lesser mage, and a petty annoyance in his eyes seems like a good place to start.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; August 8, 2014 at 04:46pm.