Thread: Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS official site with character info!

Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS official site with character info!

Title says it all. Here's the site - http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Any Smash fans on the .org?

For those who may not know, Smash isn't just a kids game. It's one of the most well rounded fighters out there, so yes, a child can pick it up and mash buttons and win, but the games have layers to the controls that require time to master, and a battle between seasoned pros can be mind blowing. The games are incredible. 2014 can't get here soon enough for me.

EDIT

For the three videos available at this time, click on the tab for the three newcomer slots, and the videos are at the top of their individual pages.

I'm a huge Smash Bros. fan!!

Can't wait for this to be released.

Link is my main character, but I love mastering the little guys like Pikachu, Kirby and Jiggly Puff. Nothing is funnier than using Jiggly Puff to school somebody who thinks they're a pro!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Nothing is funnier than using Jiggly Puff to school somebody who thinks they're a pro!!
    You know that's right! I hate that they weakened his (her?) sleep attack in Brawl. It was so hard to land it any way. They could have just weakened it less than they did, so that you don't auto KO a fresh 0% fighter like you could in Melee, but maybe 50% or higher players would get ousted or have major troubles making it back to stage. Maybe they'll fix that in the new ones.

My main has always been Samus. Metroid is my all time favorite series. Hopefully the franchise will get more love with another character for the Smash games. Rhundas from Prime 3, or maybe a Space Pirate would be my hope. The Japanese seem to have a vitriolic hatred for the American made Metroid Prime series.

Just so you know, the website will be updated with new info until the games release next year. They did that with Brawl, and the site received an update each Monday, but I'm not sure if that's how it will work this time. Sakurai did say that the site will have a new screenshot from his desk each Monday, but there may be other news throughout the week, I'm not sure.

I always thought this game was just a kiddie button masher, interesting that you guys say it isn't. I've never really tried it save for having as kid mash buttons and beat me. i have to give it a whirl on my own and test the nuances. I'm a VFer through and through though.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Kros: Two major, and easily overlooked tools are the dodge roll and tilt attacks. DR is done by pressing the shield button in unison with the joystick pressed down or left and right, (or any direction while in the air). The tilt attacks are used when on the ground by pressing the regular attack button (green A button on G-cube controller, which I highly recommend for Brawl), and barely tilting the joystick right, left, up or down. A full press on the joystick will result in the smash attack (which can be charged up by holding the A button), but the tilt attacks require more finesse on the stick, and are HIGHLY useful for racking up damage without sending your opponent away from you. If you do give the game a try, look for the in game tutorial in the special features area, it will show you how to do all of the moves, and explain the mechanics very simply and effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Kros: Two major, and easily overlooked tools are the dodge roll and tilt attacks. DR is done by pressing the shield button in unison with the joystick pressed down or left and right, (or any direction while in the air). The tilt attacks are used when on the ground by pressing the regular attack button (green A button on G-cube controller, which I highly recommend for Brawl), and barely tilting the joystick right, left, up or down. A full press on the joystick will result in the smash attack (which can be charged up by holding the A button), but the tilt attacks require more finesse on the stick, and are HIGHLY useful for racking up damage without sending your opponent away from you. If you do give the game a try, look for the in game tutorial in the special features area, it will show you how to do all of the moves, and explain the mechanics very simply and effectively.
    I don't have the game I only played it against a kid, so with his button mashing I have ZERO chance to learn! I will buy the wii one and get to training sometime though! thanks!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I suppose Megaman is a good choice. Better than Solid Snake, anyway. But I'll hold any real excitement for IF they ever have any western game company characters... Doomguy would probably be the best choice, followed by someone like Duke Nukem. Okay, maybe not Duke unless they tone down his mouth. Actually, put me down for wanting Doomguy and Gordon Freeman. They're both popular and iconic and don't need any dialog options.

The Japanese are a proud race. I think you'd have a better shot at a Japanese soda can being a playable character than ANY US or other nations characters. I hate it, but it's true, and it seems to be especially prevalent in the gaming industry.

Oh yeah,

SOLID SNAKE WAS AWESOME IN BRAWL!! He was hard to use so someone couldn't just jump in and start button mashing and expect to get a win. But with a little bit of practice, he's one of the most unique and interesting characters in the series, imho.

Krosfyah:

There are 2 ways to unlock characters. I'll explain, but it won't make since until you do it yourself; just come back to this post when you get the game.

One way is to play through the story mode (called Subspace Emissary under Solo in the main menu), which is long and difficult (depending on the difficulty setting you choose) but very fun and entertaining. There is a faster, but more boring way.

Way number two is to log in so many battles. 450 to get everyone. It seems daunting, but there's a great trick. Go into "GROUP", then "SPECIAL BRAWL" and at the top of this list look for "% STAMINA" and turn it to "STAMINA"; look for "HEAD" and turn it to "FLOWER"; And turn "SPEED" to "FAST", then click OK at the bottom of the screen. Now you're in the character select screen, and next to each player window at the bottom is a "STAMINA 150" icon; click it and scroll up to "1" for the computer player only, and hit start. The Flower causes steady damage, and since his damage is set to 1 the match ends immediately, and the speed is set to fast so it takes a little less time to finish a match. Put on your favorite album, crack open a beverage of your choice and rack up them matches/characters!

Heroic Warrior
    If they bring back Mr. Game & Watch, and the system price drops, I am in.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I think Game and Watch is a staple at this point. Sakurai loves funny characters that don't seem to belong, or that aren't immediately threatening, and G&W is a fan favorite as well. As for the system price drop... I'm hoping for that too. Smash and or a Metroid game being released would mean I'd pay current price just to play those games. Besides, it's really pretty reasonably priced I think.

Krosfyah: Check my previous post again, there's a new message for you.

It's about time that the original Megaman was used in Smash Bros. His exclusion (and Speed Racer's) from Capcom VS Tatsunoko was just wrong.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Mega Man is a brilliant choice. He was basically synonymous with Nintendo back in the NES days, and he is a perfect fit and doesn't oddly stand out like Solid Snake did in the last game (I'm not saying snake was bad in terms of playability, it's just that he doesn't quite "fit" with the rest of the cast).

Sonic being in the last game was cool because it was finally possible to actually have Mario battle Sonic after years of being rivals on two separate companies' systems (though it was a little odd having him in there for that same reason... it still feels sort of odd having Sonic games on Nintendo systems to me, even though it's been that was for about 12 years now).

I'm looking forward to getting both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the new Smash Bros.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I see what you mean about Snake, but I feel that the series is more of a hodge podge anyway, so to me, he fit in very well. I am to understand that he is not very likely to make an appearance in the new game, though I'm not sure why. This is a shame because I wanted to play as Raiden so bad and I was hoping he would be included this time around. Snake could use a good frienemy to battle. I'm very disappointed when only one character from a series is included, it just feels like they need some buddies or baddies to play with.

Oh yeah GEEKED about Mega Man! I mean he shoulda been in there a LONG time ago! Also really cool about his short design and how he moves like the old sprites. Really cool way to make him unique.

I'm hoping they add some more Nintendo classics....or, what I consider to be Nintendo classics, even if they aren't Nintendo (like Mega Man). Any Belmont from Castlevania would be awesome (I'd like Simon, personally). Maybe one of the Brothers from Double Dragon or Bomberman as well.

As for series we already have characters from: I'd love to see some branching out to enemies in the series, like a Hammer Bro or one of the Bowser Kids (or cousins? What are they now?) Same goes for Kirby - there were a lot of interesting enemies, and I'd like to see one added! Maybe that Waddle Dee with the bandana and the spear. Zelda also has a lot of great stuff there; maybe a Stalfos or a Darknut. Speaking of Zelda - I'd also really love to see them put in Ganon at some point rather than Ganondorf all the time. Good old fashioned blue pig demon from the old games.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new one! I won't get a Wii U for a good while, but I do have a 3DS, so I'll be getting that version for the time being.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm hoping they add some more Nintendo classics....or, what I consider to be Nintendo classics, even if they aren't Nintendo (like Mega Man). Any Belmont from Castlevania would be awesome (I'd like Simon, personally). Maybe one of the Brothers from Double Dragon or Bomberman as well.
    If they were to include Simon Belmont in there in addition to Mega Man, we would have a decent chunk of the cast of Captain N!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    If they were to include Simon Belmont in there in addition to Mega Man, we would have a decent chunk of the cast of Captain N!
    Ha, good point! All the more reason to get a Belmont in there (specifically Simon, anyway). Heck, Captain N himself would be a hilarious and surprise addition, but who knows what rights are tied up in that!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/q...gameplay--cam-

I may have a new main!

I've played every Smash game to death, and even participated in some local tournaments. (Stupid teenagers, and your free time )

Go through some old threads here that may still be up, and see .org matchups I've had with markatisu, kiddragon, and I forget who else.

I definitely want this game after seeing the E3 footage. It looks like it's going to be a balance between SSBM, and SSBB so far which should
    please both camps. You may not be aware of this but there is a rabid fanbase for each, and they will fight you to the death over which one
    is better. I enjoyed them both, I liked Brawl a little more due to the bigger roster, online play, and a ton of content. But Melee did have a faster
    run speed, and didn't have the odd "I fell for no reason" thing in it.

This seems to be not as fast as Melee, not as slow as Brawl. It's a year, and a half out so we'll see how the final game turns out.

Hopefully I'll be employed again by then so I can afford a Wii U, and the game among more important things. Anyway until now my mains have been:

SSB: Luigi

SSBM: Mr. Game & Watch

SSBB: Mr. Game & Watch
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I got linked this earlier seemed appropriate to post here

One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Nice vid. Great to see Pit back. Before he came in Link was my main character but Pit took that place once he came into the games. I'd love to get this but I don't see me getting a 3DS or WiiU anytime soon.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

The video was a live event that didn't actually start until about 38:22 into the youtube video, so I tried to make it start there but I don't think you can when you embed a video, so just skip to that time. So awesome.