Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Subscription Octavia has ARRIVED!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Picked mine up last night and couldn't wait to crack her open! Awesome figure, slightly loose ankles. I'm loving that the tentacles are in different "poses" and swapping them around gives Octavia different looks. I'm not sure what her Cthulu-gun is supposed to shoot, but it's cool. I'm in the middle of moving in with my g/f, so I only have a handful of figures here, but I'll be packing up the Horde asap so Octavia can be among her fellow Hordesmen.
    Yes have to agree with the majority here Octavia is awesome. didn't notice if mine has loose ankles, didint even think to check. my main display holds the figures flat against the wall and are secured from falling over with twist ties. I know its hard to picture but they do stand on little shellfs and are behind glass.

as for the loose ankles fix, the invisible elastic bands wraped around should fix her up. love those things, best invention since sliced bread. the skirt don't bother me to much, but agree could have been done better. wish there was more articulaition, in the tentacalls. im sure someone will customize some only a matter of time. as for what the Cthulu-gun shoots ill probley have to say something sticky and guey?

Octavia is really, really nice. Just got my review of her up for anyone interested: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/06/action-figure-review-octavia-from.html

Her ankles didn't seem as loose on mine as some people's seem to be, although they were looser than some other recent female figures. My biggest issue was that the boots were a little messy.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Anybody else have QC issues with her legs? Mine is peeling a bit, almost like a white plastic waxy skin is coming off. She now has white patches on her legs.

Anyone else have this?

Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    as for what the Cthulu-gun shoots ill probley have to say something sticky and guey?
    Perhaps her crossbow fires ink? It'd make perfect sense for an octopus woman, plus it would work underwater.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Perhaps her crossbow fires ink? It'd make perfect sense for an octopus woman, plus it would work underwater.
    Yeah, plus it would come in handy if she ever had to take a memo for Hordak!

I got in Octavia today and aesthetically she is great. But mine also had Loose Ankle Syndrome, more so in the right ankle than the left. This far into the MOTUC line, I can't believe this disease hasn't been cured yet. I fixed them though with clear rubber bands...but I shouldn't have to.

Overall, still a great addition to my collection...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar

20130622z 003 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

next to my custom:

20130622z 015 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Got mine today - she is even better in person. Mine is leaning forwards in her package a bit and has left a green splat on the bubble with her forehead but other than that she is perfect. Really like the crossbow and her colours.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Well I got screwed out of my Octavia figure. I was out of town all last week and my dad didn't come by to bring in the mail until thur and according to the tracking it was delivered on mon the 17th. My dad never saw it, I've talked to a couple neighbors and gone to the post office to see if maybe the mailman brought it back. No one has seen it or knows anything about it. I guess it sat on my porch long enough that someone decided to walk off with it. I've never had a package get stolen before, it really sucks! Oh well, I just bought another off ebay for $35 shipped, which is actually cheaper than buying one figure from matty, it just sucks I had to buy her twice.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

My Octavia has arrived, actually I arrived home form vacation and she was there waiting for me.

She looks great, it's amazing to finally have an Octavia figure after all these years. I'm not even that bothered by the bottom of the leo like I thought I would be. She just might be the 2nd best figure in the whole line just after Shadow Weaver. The Filmation characters are all turning out great, I hope we got more.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I was charged over $14 shipping for this one subscription figure to Texas. Is that normal? Total came out to about $45 for one figue! I ordered 5 Motuc figures a few months back from Matty site and shipping was around $12 UPS for a much bigger package.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I like her. I have an extra I would like to use as a Snake Woman slave ... Any suggestions for a head?
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got her on Friday night. She lost basically nothing in translation to figure (other than the change to the skirt). The tentacles are easy to pop in and out, and fit securely when plugged in. I SO wish those waving appendages could have been bendable, as it would have pushed the figure into a top slot in the line as a whole. It is really sad when you consider that a company whose first action figures were bendies cannot risk making these tentacles bendable because of their recent history of poor material choices. That said, the fact that you can switch them out to vary the poses compensates for that to a degree, and she does look in a display with the swords flailing about at the ends of her extra arms. The details are very good, and another great example of how a Filmation design can translate into a figure that fits in well with the rest of the line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I FINALLY got my Octavia! And it's not that her ankles are loose, it's that she's too heavy for normal ankles. I'll have a review of her for Nerditis on Wednesday!

Widget
    Just got mine the other day. I live on an Army post so it takes longer to get to me. It is awesome, but I have not opened mine yet. It came on the card for He-Man, Galactic Protector. Was this a common error, or am I the only one who had this happen?

Ah Mimikrakra...you've just illustrated the one thing this figure lost in translation. Beautifully done! Where did the Bendies come from?

Edit: It's funny how all the MOTU fans are pairing her up with Mer-Man, when she's always had the hots for Hordak!

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Well I got screwed out of my Octavia figure. I was out of town all last week and my dad didn't come by to bring in the mail until thur and according to the tracking it was delivered on mon the 17th. My dad never saw it, I've talked to a couple neighbors and gone to the post office to see if maybe the mailman brought it back. No one has seen it or knows anything about it. I guess it sat on my porch long enough that someone decided to walk off with it. I've never had a package get stolen before, it really sucks! Oh well, I just bought another off ebay for $35 shipped, which is actually cheaper than buying one figure from matty, it just sucks I had to buy her twice.
    I feel your pain man I have had $300 worth of FH stuff stolen from me when I moved to my new house.

Snappy Threader
    Got mine, she is amazing!