Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Octavia has ARRIVED!

She looks so cool. Can't wait to get her Tuesday. The so-called "pizza crotch" looks fine to me here because it looks more like a loincloth. Though I do agree it wouldn't be great for every figure.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Why are the tentacles a different color/shade of green? Seems off.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I think she looks beautiful. I have two inbound and i'm thinking i might want a third or fourth...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Why are the tentacles a different color/shade of green? Seems off.
    The only Filmation screen shots I could find show her tentacles being a darker shade of green than her skin tone:

Wow! Great figure! I think her crotch looks great! Wait... what?
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Zenon Reviews!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The only Filmation screen shots I could find show her tentacles being a darker shade of green than her skin tone:

http://ralp.net/dungeons/he-man/octavia.jpg
    Ah. Thanks for that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Crotch piece looks fine to me. I'm convinced her face is modeled after Angelina Jolie.

jolieoct3.jpg
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I can see that. A little Eva Green as well.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    She looks so cool. Can't wait to get her Tuesday. The so-called "pizza crotch" looks fine to me here because it looks more like a loincloth. Though I do agree it wouldn't be great for every figure.
    Unfortunately the character didn't wear a loincloth in the Filmation cartoon. But beyond that, it would be a pretty silly looking loincloth if it were meant to be one. It just feels like a poor/sloppy design decision to me, and it doesn't improve by re-imagining it as a loincloth. Basically I consider this to be an error, especially when comparing her to both the cartoon and the prototype figure. I don't believe that she was intended to have a "loincloth" or a "skirt".

Mainly what I worry about is figures like Glimmer and Angella. If Shokoti ends up correct I will feel safer.
    Last edited by Barezz; June 14, 2013 at 03:55pm.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

I think we she looks awesome and its great to see some if the international fans getting their figures do quickly.

I'm ok with with the lower part of her leotard. I think think this was more likely a flaw that happened in translation from prototype to figure or mabey in the tooling process that didn't give the soft plastic as much curve as it should have had. I highly doubt it was a design choice.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Grrrr no one was home to sign for my Ocavia today - have to wait until next week.

She looks awesome!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I can see that. A little Eva Green as well.
    Oooooh she does...I love Eva Green!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

I just can't help but think of Grace Jones when I look at the eyes and face.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

@ Barezz

Exactly!
    She wears a unitard in Filmation. No skirt. No loin cloth.
    There was no new tooling needed as it was already done with Captian Glenn. Not only...Shokoti has the right bottoms.
    The only thing i can think of is that it costs more and with her tentacles & bow already cost too much??
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Awesome! She's looking great! I just got my shipping notice this morning, so I'll probably have hear around Wednesday next week or so. Looking forward to getting her!
    But wait, don't you, but you already did...

no wait....

you didn't.

Yet.

move along.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Crotch piece looks fine to me.
    Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Unfortunately the character didn't wear a loincloth in the Filmation cartoon. But beyond that, it would be a pretty silly looking loincloth if it were meant to be one. It just feels like a poor/sloppy design decision to me, and it doesn't improve by re-imagining it as a loincloth. Basically I consider this to be an error, especially when comparing her to both the cartoon and the prototype figure. I don't believe that she was intended to have a "loincloth" or a "skirt".

Mainly what I worry about is figures like Glimmer and Angella. If Shokoti ends up correct I will feel safer.
    This is horrifying since we have been talking about female crotch problems for more than a year and there is nothing to make us think they can do any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I'm ok with with the lower part of her leotard. I think think this was more likely a flaw that happened in translation from prototype to figure or mabey in the tooling process that didn't give the soft plastic as much curve as it should have had. I highly doubt it was a design choice.
    It does seem to have more of a curve now that I looked at more pictures here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    There was no new tooling needed as it was already done with Captian Glenn. Not only...Shokoti has the right bottoms. The only thing i can think of is that it costs more and with her tentacles & bow already cost too much??
    Indeed.

I guess its fine to redesign these characters? I agree it does look ok, but what if this was your favorite character? Imagine Snout Spout, Fang Man, or Heman with a Pizza skirt. At this point, Mattel has the much coveted filmation license, this is a filmation character, and we get this. As said, what if Glimmer, Angella, or others get this really neat but not accurate pizza skirt? Will that be cool? How hard is it to do this? I guess it must be the holy grail of toy making... female leotards...
    Last edited by darkmoon766; June 14, 2013 at 05:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    @ Barezz

Exactly!
    There was no new tooling needed as it was already done with Captian Glenn. Not only...Shokoti has the right bottoms.
    The only thing i can think of is that it costs more and with her tentacles & bow already cost too much??
    I'm sorry, but with all due respect, what are you talking about? Octavia does not have the same tunic as Captain Glenn. It IS a new tool, no other figures have that same lower leotard piece, it was tooled for her. They certainly accomplished the leotard look on Captain Glenn better, but this is a newly tooled piece. I honestly cannot conspiracy theory myself enough to think this was a deliberate design choice. It was most likely an unfortunate error that happened in tooling where the master piece for the mold didn't hold its curve during the tooling process. Since the cost of tooling is one of the most expensive costs associated with production it's understandable they would not re-tool the entire plate that includes that piece.

And Darkmoon766, Octavia has been one of my most anticipated figures of the year and my most anticipated Filmation figure when they announced they had the rights...so I would say she is one of my favorite characters. I just don't think the leotard is a re-design, it was most like a production error and, as far as production error are concerned, a minor enough one to not cause me much concern. If you, or anyone else wants to treat this issue as a deal breaker or a sign of the end of times, that's fine. I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of this figure.

I know she had a unitard or whatever in the cartoon, but the action figure of her looks absolutely great the way it came out, so I'm not going to complain. To me, it just looks like a skirt... and it goes fine with the shoulders part of her outfit that is also a bit "pointed"... so, as a whole, Octavia's outfit looks cohesive to me, and that's all that matters. Can't wait to get mine!

She looks amazing.

One of the best to date. Such a shame that they couldn't get the review samples out in time.

I got mine today and absolutely love her. One of the best figures of the entire line so far!!!! I really like that the tentacles can be placed in two different ways one where they are pointing down and inside towards her or the other where they are up and pointing out in attack mode.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Got mine today and really like the figure! I've got a slightly loose ankle on mine like another poster, which makes her a bit difficult to stand in some poses, but it seems pretty stable now that I found a good balance.

WOW! I can't wait to get mine! She'll be here Tuesday. She looks like she turned out REALLY well! Based on all the pics, she seems fairly posable and the tentacles looks very nice! She's quite menacing looking with those things spread out!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

What happened to all the "Filmation characters are lackluster and under-detailed"?

Um, this one looks every bit as good as most other figures in the line....And fits perfectly....just like in my opinion Randor and Fang Man do as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    Got mine today and really like the figure! I've got a slightly loose ankle on mine like another poster, which makes her a bit difficult to stand in some poses, but it seems pretty stable now that I found a good balance.
    Well she's not alone out of the last few females I've gotten, Sherrilyn is the only one that had tighter ankles, seems to still be an issue with the girls....I'm assuming my Octavia will have them as well. And I've no doubt Castaspella will succumb to them as well.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    What happened to all the "Filmation characters are lackluster and under-detailed"?

Um, this one looks every bit as good as most other figures in the line....And fits perfectly....just like in my opinion Randor and Fang Man do as well.
    Not everyone has Octavia yet. I'm sure you'll be hearing that from somebody.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

Not everyone has Octavia yet. I'm sure you'll be hearing that from somebody.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I wish the would have kept her eyes red like the prototype. Thats how they are in the cartoon too. I wonder why they changed that???

Other than that, and the triangle "skirt" thing, I think she looks very cool. I'm looking forward to getting her.