Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Octavia has ARRIVED!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    @ Barezz

Exactly!
    She wears a unitard in Filmation. No skirt. No loin cloth.
    There was no new tooling needed as it was already done with Captian Glenn. Not only...Shokoti has the right bottoms.
    The only thing i can think of is that it costs more and with her tentacles & bow already cost too much??
    Glenn doesn't have the same outfit as Octavia, and the only Shokoti we saw was the prototype....even the prototype of Octavia had the correctly sculpted outfit, like always Mattel changes things....look for Shokoti to be different as well with the final figure.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not everyone has Octavia yet. I'm sure you'll be hearing that from somebody.:
    Yeah....how about it, sadly you're right....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Why are the tentacles a different color/shade of green? Seems off.
    That's her Filmation colors.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

She looks awesome!!! I can't wait to get mine. It's such a shame about the pizza slice shaped loin cloth. I'm sure that this is how all of the females with unitards will be made from now on. The packaged picture of Shokoti looked to have the same problem. I hope that I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling that Glimmer and Angella will have the same fate. It doesn't help that so many people seem to not mind. Scott should really address this.

Can't wait I get her Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    She looks awesome!!! I can't wait to get mine. It's such a shame about the pizza slice shaped loin cloth. I'm sure that this is how all of the females with unitards will be made from now on. The packaged picture of Shokoti looked to have the same problem. I hope that I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling that Glimmer and Angella will have the same fate. It doesn't help that so many people seem to not mind. Scott should really address this.
    Where did you see a packaged pic of Shokoti?
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I thought Octavia just had a shorter loin cloth, a'la Adora...it just grew longer in the finished product.
    I dont think Octavia's prototype had the Glenn bottoms...i think fans pointed this out at the get go.
    The thing is the body suit of Glenn could have easily been used on all females needing/wearing the body suit.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I wish the would have kept her eyes red like the prototype. Thats how they are in the cartoon too. I wonder why they changed that???
    Look close at the pics here. They are red, Its hard to see in some pictures.

Octavia looks great!

Can't wait to get mine next week and can't wait to give one to my niece who is a HUGE POP fan.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Where did you see a packaged pic of Shokoti?
    The only one I know of is in the video Scott did for the SDCC items. She's sitting behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Octavia looks great!

Can't wait to get mine next week and can't wait to give one to my niece who is a HUGE POP fan.

The only one I know of is in the video Scott did for the SDCC items. She's sitting behind him.
    Yes, in his review of the Comet Warriors you can see her sitting on top of Greyskull box. Either she has a really elongated crotch piece like the Tallstar figure, or she has the pointy pizza style loin cloth. It's not looking too good and that's looking at her from far away.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Yes, in his review of the Comet Warriors you can see her sitting on top of Greyskull box. Either she has a really elongated crotch piece like the Tallstar figure, or she has the pointy pizza style loin cloth. It's not looking too good and that's looking at her from far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Octavia looks great!

I guess I was concentrating too hard on the Comet dudes to notice....and I see Casta's back there too, at least she has an actual skirt....but it does look as if Shokoti's got something off there as well, either or that Bonehead said....but to me it looks pointier like Octavia....

I guess we'll see soon enough. It seems that Mattel has given up on the girls....still loose ankles, a bobble head from time to time (5 years of them off and on), and now cutting the boot cut....Still hardly any with the right backyards....or new thighs to go with the bump like Frosta did manage to get for a more correct look.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

She looks great! Seeing all these great photos makes me sad knowing my Octavia was delivered on Thursday but I'll not be back in LA for 2 weeks. Keep the pics coming so I can live through them.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I thought Octavia just had a shorter loin cloth, a'la Adora...it just grew longer in the finished product.
    I dont think Octavia's prototype had the Glenn bottoms...i think fans pointed this out at the get go.
    The thing is the body suit of Glenn could have easily been used on all females needing/wearing the body suit.
    While the Captain Glenn bodysuit is not the same as what Octavia has, there is an important point to be made in that Mattel has shown that they are capable of doing one that looks like a unitard. The bottoms are meant to be formfitting brief type bottoms rather than skirts. They have shown that they can make them with Captain Glenn. they have shown that they can do them with male figures like Flipshot or Snout Spout or Kobra Khan or Snake face or...well you get my point.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Awesome! She's looking great! I just got my shipping notice this morning, so I'll probably have hear around Wednesday next week or so. Looking forward to getting her!
    Yup! Lookin forward to what I'm sure will be another awesome review!

Finally I've found that I belong here.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I did want to say that regardless of the design issue, I can't wait to get her! She really looks great in the pictures.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

I think she is totally a kick ass figure as is in spite of the complaints about her details by some, and I'm not a big POP fan by any means.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Wow... she looks absolutely fantastic! Like she stepped right off the She-Ra cartoon.

Out of town, so I won't be seeing mine until awhile for now, but these pics make me excited to get her!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I can't wait to get mine!

And photograph her.

And review her.

Like Her a lot. Mine i owned has slightly loose ankles

Has Pixel-Dan given an eta on his figures arrival or if he will be getting the flight stands, and eta on them too?

Heroic Warrior
    Looking forward to getting mine.

I have been neurotically waiting for mine all day! It arrived at the post office yesterday at 2, and I expected to get it around noon when the mail comes. The mail didn't come until 4:40 today and it wasn't there. I chased her down and ask her about it. She asked if I was Bethany's husband (great she knows my wife) and I said yes. She said it was in her mail car and she would bring it by in about 20 minutes. And she just delivered it while I was sitting on the front porch typing this!!!! I'm so excited!!!
    Last edited by Jinxieman; June 15, 2013 at 10:01pm.

What's narotically?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    What's narotically?
    I think he meant to type "nautically" as in having to do with the sea.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Sorry, I meant neurotically.

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work, I was shocked she got here that quick. She's pretty awesome, and she takes up so much room on my shelf

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Wow!!! This is an awesome figure. I can't wait to get mine. Such a great, memorable Filmation character. Great name, great gimmick, great colors, great weapons. Definitely a home run figure!

I'm a little biased though since I had the episode "Treasure of the First Ones" recorded on VHS off of tv.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!