Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Octavia has ARRIVED!

I don't mind the skirt piece but would be interesting in hearing why this was the design choice. I presume it will come down to it being "easier" to make her this way. I don't think it is a mistake, I think it is a decision that was made at some point.

Not a deal breaker for me though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The Triangle-dangling piece needs to be fixed going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. It was done right here, so what's the deal?
    Huge difference from the 4H prototype to what we get from Mattel....that is the difference, that is what happened.

Same thing that happened to Sorceress, Stinkor, Dekker...etc. Mattel got a hold of it, and changed it.

Besides, it's so far one figure that Mattel ordered Pizza and was inspired.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

how is it that subscribers in Europe, with a whole ocean separating them, are getting their figures before me? i'm in central Florida yet my Octavia isn't marked to be here until Friday. that's some bullsnot, i say

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    how is it that subscribers in Europe, with a whole ocean separating them, are getting their figures before me? i'm in central Florida yet my Octavia isn't marked to be here until Friday. that's some bullsnot, i say
    DHL for 34 USD
    Last edited by belmont; June 17, 2013 at 05:19pm.

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Got my Octavia today. Overall she looks great, but I have a couple of defects on mine. There is some paint missing where the wrist connects to the arm. Now that I could live with that, its the other defect I have a problem with. She has a problem on her head. It almost looks she has a gash/scar on her head. I don't know if I can live with that or if I should get a replacement. After my last experience with customer service I'm really afraid to call. I'm not even positive I'll get a replacement and I can't be without Octavia. I've waited 25 years for her!!! What do you guys think?

Octavia 1.jpgOctavia 2.jpg
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Got mine today and I absolutely love her
    She is definitely up there with classic colors Evil-Lyn as far as favorite female figures in the line go! I'll even go one extra and call her the best Evil Horde figure to date.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    It's called an airplane. They can get overseas faster than a truck can drive from CA to FL.

Use e-mail.
    They seem much faster and more willing to help than when you call.
    Its worked better for me that way atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram1701 View Post
    Got my Octavia today. Overall she looks great, but I have a couple of defects on mine. There is some paint missing where the wrist connects to the arm. Now that I could live with that, its the other defect I have a problem with. She has a problem on her head. It almost looks she has a gash/scar on her head. I don't know if I can live with that or if I should get a replacement. After my last experience with customer service I'm really afraid to call. I'm not even positive I'll get a replacement and I can't be without Octavia. I've waited 25 years for her!!! What do you guys think?

Octavia 1.jpgOctavia 2.jpg

It doesn't matter if the shorts are passable on Octavia or not, they're not correct. That they actually look okay is a fluke. This is something that SHOULD be corrected. We got lucky with Octavia, this needs to be fixed.
    I put this in BOLD because it's the TRUTH. Just because you drop a cake on the floor and are able to pick it up and pass it off as if nothing happened doesn't mean it's fine. You dropped the cake! I can see the dent!

Do it once, and I'll look the other way. Do it twice or three times, and I'm going to have to ask you why you keep messing 'em up!!

I'm not trying to argue with anyone - I just want us all to make enough of a point about this so that Mattel will stop doing these wierd and frankly WRONG crotch pieces.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy.

The problem is that it is more difficult to get a unitard bottom on the female crotch piece. If it wasn't, you wouldn't see them redesign the female buck and have it end up worse than the original complete with female dumpy crotch.
    For those who say it's "difficult" to get the female crotch right....um....no, it isn't. The MALE crotch has to have a bump in it, and THAT, I suppose, could make it more difficult to design because you wouldn't want that interfering with the movement of the legs and thighs. The women's crotch piece is an inward curve. It ain't hard.

And of all the companies to be struggling with making them, you'd think the makers of BARBIE would have a leg up!

...honestly, not trying to be annoying, but enough already with this nonsense. Stop messing up their crotches!
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; June 18, 2013 at 04:31pm.

Yep, got her in Australia just hours before she went up for sale. I liked her so much that i made sure to buy another one this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    DHL for 34 USD
    $24....well at least for Canada, I thought the international rate was the same...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    $24....well at least for Canada, I thought the international rate was the same...
    Sorry, in my case it's for two figures

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    It's called an airplane. They can get overseas faster than a truck can drive from CA to FL.
    Then why does it often take a month for them to get a figure?

It's not just an airplane, it's all about the shipping method....expedited anywhere will get it to you really fast, not just because of an airplane....but for $32 or $35 shipping....I'd rather wait for it....

That is why I don't next day anything, screw that, I can USPS it and wait....I don't use UPS because it's $5 more than USPS, and it only cuts a day off, if that....I'm just fine waiting a week...

Not to mention if DR used the USPS exclusively instead of a damn middle man shipping company....we'd get our **** much faster by using Standard USPS or Priority. I just mailed a SOH on Saturday, the buyer got it yesterday....granted in OH from MI, but I have a client in CA for my customs, and it takes no more that 3 days for him to ship or receive.

I'm not even talking prices, I'm talking speed....Cornerstone / Newgistics is a stupid ass way to ship, when straight USPS is much faster.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Mine finally turned up at work today after missing her previously. I'm really tempted to take her out and pose her on my desk
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Then why does it often take a month for them to get a figure?

It's not just an airplane, it's all about the shipping method....expedited anywhere will get it to you really fast, not just because of an airplane....but for $32 or $35 shipping....I'd rather wait for it....

That is why I don't next day anything, screw that, I can USPS it and wait....I don't use UPS because it's $5 more than USPS, and it only cuts a day off, if that....I'm just fine waiting a week...

Not to mention if DR used the USPS exclusively instead of a damn middle man shipping company....we'd get our **** much faster by using Standard USPS or Priority. I just mailed a SOH on Saturday, the buyer got it yesterday....granted in OH from MI, but I have a client in CA for my customs, and it takes no more that 3 days for him to ship or receive.

I'm not even talking prices, I'm talking speed....Cornerstone / Newgistics is a stupid ass way to ship, when straight USPS is much faster.
    Um...OK. I'm sorry you're not happy with shipping options and how long figures takes to get to you or others. Maybe you should have a drink tonight...or something...calm the nerves and reduce the stress.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orko's magic hat View Post
    mine finally turned up at work today after missing her previously. I'm really tempted to take her out and pose her on my desk
    do it!!!!!!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Octavia arrived today and she looks great. However, it appears that she was attempting to escape the bubble and has some paint damage.

The figure isn't resting back in the plastic insert and is instead leaning forward. The forehead must have been rubbing against the bubble leaving paint on the plastic and a smudge on her head much like Chakram1701's picture.

It's bad enough that I'd like a replacement, but DR is so bad that I almost don't want to go through the hassle. Will they make me mail back this figure or just mail out a new head?

What's the level of pain that I will encounter if I try to get an exchange?

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    *Note* I'll post this over on the DR problem thread as well

Just got off the phone with MattyCollector for a replacement Octavia. Few (not so happy) thoughts:

A) US based team...yeah right
    B) I will concede, however, the person on the other end was genuinely trying to help me.
    C) 2 to 4 business days before I hear anything
    D) Was told that there is a good chance I'll be receiving a REFUND INSTEAD OF A REPLACEMENT FIGURE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GUARANTEE THERE IS ANY REPLACEMENT STOCK.

Scott has mentioned numerous times everywhere that they always keep replacement stock of figures and I believe him completely!! How does DR not have this easily accessible information? I'm not angry, I'm just more confused than anything else. So fingers crossed I get a replacement and not a refund because I want my Octavia figure.
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

I don't know how this ended up happening...

...but I thought TODAY was the sale day. And it was YESTERDAY.

I came here, and posted yesterday while the sale was happening and didn't even realize it.

I am such a moron.

She arrived today and was flawless. My wife hates my toys....but even she approved of this one! She said I hate to say it but she's really cool. Anyway, I was on the fence about her but now that she arrived and I cracked her open, she's a keeper!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    She arrived...

With a dent in her forehead and super loose ankles. Sending her back for a replacement. Ugh. I was so excited about her.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

WOW. I was sorta looking forward to the figure, but dang she is WAY cooler in-hand! As much as I would have liked bendy tentacles better, I'm really happy with how they are posed. They really give you enough options (and you can put 'em in any way you like) to get all sorts of interesting poses. The swords work great, I love the cthulhu crossbow, and the whole look is just fantastic! Certainly a worthy commader and fighter in Hordak's ranks. I think she's one of the few that'll do fine on her own when Hordak dies. She looks like she'll just take her own ocean forces and do her own thing. I imagine she probably had a healthy rivalry with Catra before Hordak took over. Ah, see? A good figures always gets the imagination going! I think this is one of my top favorite Horde figures so far! Somehow she just looks the most...militaristic out of them all. Not sure why.

As for the triangle tunic: honestly, the shape reminds me of the top of a squid, and that's cool.
    Last edited by Alexx; June 22, 2013 at 10:51am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Alexx, those cartoons crack me up.

I got mine today, and I LOVE the Cthulhu-esque crossbow! She's pretty darn cool, all the way around.

Just got my Octavia figure! She's absolutely gorgeous!!! Her face sculpt ranks up there as one of the best female faces IMO! She looks so menacing with her tentacles and swords! I love her crossbow! A very nice addition! It'd be nice to see Catra with her own…maybe in a weapons pack? The one issue I have with her is her right ankle is a little loose. Other than that, she's perfect. Which is amazing because she'd popped out of her internal shrink-wrap plastic in the package. Another home run here…I can't wait to see what's to come!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

She's awesome. Loose ankles and hips though make posing her difficult